Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-27-2013, 06:56 PM
Endlesstime Endlesstime is offline
Registered User
Location: Hanover
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 25
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
My first Car update for those interested *w/ pics*

Well its been a while since I was on the forum talking about my first car. I first asked every ones opinion of getting a car I found online in Texas when I am from Pennsylvania. I found the car a 2007 E92 6MT 335i. I have to say I am glad I did not get a DCT and got the 6MT. Just to remind everyone again I paid for the car myself by working for years and saving up, my parents did not buy this for me. Most of you on the forum were against it and said it was too fast of a car for a 16 year old. Well it will be one year in May since I got the car and it has been a wonderful. Yes it is a fast car and I thought I was responsible enough to handle it which has been true so far. The car had a CPO warranty until November or 100k miles and have only had one problem and that was a leaking valve cover gasket and a slit vacuum line going to the rear wastegate which was covered under warranty. I drive my car everywhere and I am pretty much obsessed with it. Changed the oil and filter every 4k miles, wash her at least once a week, completely detailed her 3 times already with 10+ hours of detailing, (Wash, Clay bar, polish, wax.) I've tested for boost leaks, cleaned the intake valves, Steam cleaned the engine bay, and only use a reputable gas brand. So far I put 11 thousand miles on it since October when I got my license. I have done some modifications on it and I am not finished yet. I installed all of the mods myself which some people would have no idea how to do but if you like cars why not install it on your own car.

Mods:
-JB4 tune
-VRSF 3" catless downpipes
-DCI (Didn't have patience to wait for BMS)
-Muffler delete until I get a catback
-Removed H&R lowering springs off and reinstalled stock springs
-AR OCC
-ESC Tuning Vent Boost gauge
-Vinyl wrapped interior trim
-Complete Interior LED light kit
-Rims painted

Previous mods before I purchased car:
-Windows tinted
-OEM front lip
-HID fog lights

Future modifications:
-HPF 3.5" Catback
-Mtech front+rear bumpers
-LED Angel eyes
-Helix FMIC
-CSL CF trunk
-Suggestions?























Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 02-27-2013, 07:10 PM
PartyBoyWA PartyBoyWA is offline
Fluggaenkdechioebolsen!
Location: Tactical Hard Deck
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 200
Mein Auto: MH-60S
Nice ride.

Since you're so invested in it, in terms of both time and money, keep it forever! A car like that will always be fun to drive.
__________________
2011 328i E90/TiAg/Beige Dakota/6MT/ZVP/Split Folding Rear Seats and that's it! Delivered 05/11
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-27-2013, 07:21 PM
DSXMachina's Avatar
DSXMachina DSXMachina is offline
Non compos Mentos
Location: New Hampshire
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,455
Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Congratulations kid, you're doing well for yourself, keep it up. If you have any specific questions post them and we'll try to give you some good advice.
(BTW It's refreshing just to read a post with a point, well constructed sentences, and proper spelling and punctuation, let alone read what you've accomplished. I've met a few like you over the years, they all ended up very successful in life.)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-27-2013, 07:29 PM
Endlesstime Endlesstime is offline
Registered User
Location: Hanover
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 25
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
Congratulations kid, you're doing well for yourself, keep it up. If you have any specific questions post them and we'll try to give you some good advice.
(BTW It's refreshing just to read a post with a point, well constructed sentences, and proper spelling and punctuation, let alone read what you've accomplished. I've met a few like you over the years, they all ended up very successful in life.)
Thanks for the support! I am already working on my career and not many can say that at my age. I plan on being successful and I love it when people have positive reinforcement. I try to stay away from people that are negative.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-27-2013, 07:35 PM
DSXMachina's Avatar
DSXMachina DSXMachina is offline
Non compos Mentos
Location: New Hampshire
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 10,455
Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesstime View Post
Thanks for the support! I am already working on my career and not many can say that at my age. I plan on being successful and I love it when people have positive reinforcement. I try to stay away from people that are negative.
You are wise beyond your years.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-27-2013, 08:00 PM
Gdiego Gdiego is offline
Registered User
Location: Massachusetts, USA
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 61
Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 328I xdrive
Very sweet ride... Congratulations! You never forget your first car. Mine a 1966 black VW.
Today I own a new 2011 328i xdrive purchased this past August. It is resting for the winter in the garage with 1,200 miles. It could be my last car.
Keep up the great work!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-27-2013, 08:28 PM
BashedBarrique BashedBarrique is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Carmel Indiana
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 724
Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesstime View Post
Well its been a while since I was on the forum talking about my first car.
Wow! My first car, when I was 17, was a clapped out 1971 Maverick.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesstime View Post
I have to say I am glad I did not get a DCT and got the 6MT.
Yeah! A young guy that appreciates actually driving his car. Save the manuals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesstime View Post
Just to remind everyone again I paid for the car myself by working for years and saving up, my parents did not buy this for me. Most of you on the forum were against it and said it was too fast of a car for a 16 year old.
Well good for you. Just don't get any speeding tickets because I'm sure the insurance for a turbocharged BMW is already steep for a 16-17 year old and it would skyrocket even higher if the Fuzz slaps you for speeding.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Endlesstime Endlesstime is offline
Registered User
Location: Hanover
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 25
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Quote:
Well good for you. Just don't get any speeding tickets because I'm sure the insurance for a turbocharged BMW is already steep for a 16-17 year old and it would skyrocket even higher if the Fuzz slaps you for speeding.
I did forget to mention that one, I have only got one speeding ticket but nothing else. 62mph in a 50, Luckily my insurance wasn't affected by it because it was a speed camera ticket when I was in D.C so no points or anything just a small fine.
They actually let you go on their website and they have pictures of your car so I took this as a learning experience not to get caught for real.

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-27-2013, 09:19 PM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,009
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
Congratulations kid, you're doing well for yourself, keep it up. If you have any specific questions post them and we'll try to give you some good advice.
(BTW It's refreshing just to read a post with a point, well constructed sentences, and proper spelling and punctuation, let alone read what you've accomplished. I've met a few like you over the years, they all ended up very successful in life.)

Dammit DSX, I can spell when I want to!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-27-2013, 09:20 PM
BashedBarrique BashedBarrique is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Carmel Indiana
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 724
Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesstime View Post
I did forget to mention that one, I have only got one speeding ticket but nothing else. 62mph in a 50, Luckily my insurance wasn't affected by it because it was a speed camera ticket when I was in D.C so no points or anything just a small fine.
They actually let you go on their website and they have pictures of your car so I took this as a learning experience not to get caught for real.


That looks like a four lane divided highway. Really stupid that the speed limit is 50 mph.

Speed cameras are unconstitutional IMHO. So far none here in Indiana.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-27-2013, 09:23 PM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,009
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesstime View Post
I have done some modifications on it and I am not finished yet. I installed all of the mods myself which some people would have no idea how to do but if you like cars why not install it on your own car.

I LIKE a man who works with jack stands!

Note: JB4 has a software boost gauge - commandeers an existing gauge to display.

You'll be noticing the suspension now....what are your plans t'upgrade?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-27-2013, 11:20 PM
Endlesstime Endlesstime is offline
Registered User
Location: Hanover
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 25
Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
I LIKE a man who works with jack stands!

Note: JB4 has a software boost gauge - commandeers an existing gauge to display.

You'll be noticing the suspension now....what are your plans t'upgrade?
Yeah! I want to invest in a car lift sometime if I get more serious into automotive.

I know there is a boost gauge in the JB4 software, that's what I used before I got the ECS one. I have the Air/fuel ratio on the temperature gauge and I left my fuel gauge to display just that, I did not like having to go through the menu and disable gauge hijacking to see how much gas I had because on the track gas goes by pretty fast.

And the last thing about suspension, I want to track the car more than I already have so eventually I want to get some kind of KW's or Tc-Kline if that is what you are asking.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-03-2013, 06:43 AM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,009
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesstime View Post
And the last thing about suspension, I want to track the car more than I already have so eventually I want to get some kind of KW's or Tc-Kline if that is what you are asking.

I can recommend Ground Control's matched Eibach linear spring / Koni Yellow custom valved shock combo. Street / School kit includes M rear camber arms. Jay [Ground Control] is a track guy and can guide you well re: spring rate.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-03-2013, 06:47 AM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,164
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BashedBarrique View Post
That looks like a four lane divided highway. Really stupid that the speed limit is 50 mph.

Speed cameras are unconstitutional IMHO. So far none here in Indiana.
lol I only go into dc with friends and NEVER drive. They lovvvvve revenue over there.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Karney5 Karney5 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Omaha, NE
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 123
Mein Auto: 2011 BMX 328Xi
Man, I am 17 and I would never touch anything in my car.... I spent way too much on it and if something goes wrong, I am screwed. :P
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Karney5 Karney5 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Omaha, NE
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 123
Mein Auto: 2011 BMX 328Xi
Quick Question:


How exactly did you paint your rims? Are they powdercoated?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-04-2013, 11:40 AM
aih312 aih312 is offline
Registered User
Location: Chicago
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 17
Mein Auto: Audi
That looks awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-04-2013, 11:58 AM
BiHoTTo115's Avatar
BiHoTTo115 BiHoTTo115 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: NH
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 667
Mein Auto: 2006 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo.karney View Post
Man, I am 17 and I would never touch anything in my car.... I spent way too much on it and if something goes wrong, I am screwed. :P
Well I sure hope nothing does go wrong in the near future (especially if you plan on keeping the car after the warranty is up). Things WILL go wrong eventually without proper looking after and inspections, there's no hiding that.
__________________
2006 330xi | 6AT | Navi | Premium | Cold Weather
]
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-04-2013, 12:01 PM
furby076's Avatar
furby076 furby076 is offline
IntarWeb Stalker
Location: 95 Feet Under
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,968
Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Great job. So you upgraded the speakers on that bad-boy?
__________________
"Booberry" -ED 2013 335xi | B45 | ZMM | ZDA |Heated Seats | HK |EBII
My Drive Style

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Last Sight's Avatar
Last Sight Last Sight is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Hunterdon County, NJ
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 408
Mein Auto: BLT335xi, e92 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesstime View Post
Thanks for the support! I am already working on my career and not many can say that at my age. I plan on being successful and I love it when people have positive reinforcement. I try to stay away from people that are negative.
Nice ride.

Keep up the good work you're future is bright...I know how that feels. Just before I turned 17 (when you get your license here in NJ), I saved up all this money from working to buy my 2001 Saab 9-3. I would hand wash, wax, etc the car and always was fixing issues that came up. Now, at 24, I just graduated college, got a great job, bought a townhouse and just recently my 328xi. Hopefully, as I learn on this forum, I'll be able to do a lot of the maint and all myself.
__________________
BMWCCA #489063

The BLT335xi - '11 BMW 335xi, M-Sport, Convenience, Premium, H/K sound, iDrive

Previous Rides:
'13 Cadillac ATS - Fired
'09 BMW 328xi - KIA by Bambi, reincarnated in Michigan
'11 Ford Fusion SEL
'08 Honda Accord Coupe
'01 Saab 9-3 2.0T
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Karney5 Karney5 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Omaha, NE
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 123
Mein Auto: 2011 BMX 328Xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiHoTTo115 View Post
Well I sure hope nothing does go wrong in the near future (especially if you plan on keeping the car after the warranty is up). Things WILL go wrong eventually without proper looking after and inspections, there's no hiding that.
I am not keeping it for very long. I have to sell it here pretty soon since freshmen can't have cars on campus... or leave it in storage for an entire year....
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-04-2013, 12:52 PM
SilverX3's Avatar
SilverX3 SilverX3 is online now
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Australia
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,028
Mein Auto: 130i & E92 325i, E90 SOLD
Blxxdy awesome

Love your car

Love your mods
__________________
Residence - StarTrek Enterprise
Job - Captain
Current Starship Fleet:
06 130i - ROCK SOLID Performer
07 320i - SOLD
08 E92 325i - Blue SOLD
Bicycles: Giant TCR Advanced Zero SOLD, Argon 18 Krypton, Argon 18E114, Trek Madone COMING
BOUGHT : MY11.5 X1 Xdrive25i

New car... Estoril Blue Car
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-04-2013, 03:05 PM
SuperTerp SuperTerp is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: DMV (DC, MD, VA)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,164
Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo.karney View Post
I am not keeping it for very long. I have to sell it here pretty soon since freshmen can't have cars on campus... or leave it in storage for an entire year....
lol talk to the fundraising staff.. A "donation" has a lot of weight at public/private institutions

Last edited by SuperTerp; 03-06-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Dwight_Schrute's Avatar
Dwight_Schrute Dwight_Schrute is offline
I Know Nothing
Location: Sunny Pacific Northwest
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 524
Mein Auto: '10 E92 335i
Sweet ride. Love the tasteful mods. Have you ever thought about de-badging? Way cleaner look in my opinion.

Also, you should add an M3 steering wheel. Seems like a small change but the difference is huge. Keep up the good work.
__________________

2010 E92 335i
2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2007 E93 328i (Sold)
2002 Ford Focus SVT (Sold)
2001 Ford SVT Lightning (Sold)
1983 BMX (Totaled... Twice)
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-04-2013, 09:34 PM
BashedBarrique BashedBarrique is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Carmel Indiana
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 724
Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight_Schrute View Post
Sweet ride. Love the tasteful mods. Have you ever thought about de-badging? Way cleaner look in my opinion.

Also, you should add an M3 steering wheel. Seems like a small change but the difference is huge. Keep up the good work.

Hey Schrute how's that beet farm coming?

Also, does "debadging" mess up the badge? I have seen videos where a length of fishing line is tugged under the badge and the badge plops off into the ether.

Could the badge be re-affixed later if so desired? What is the paint like under the "badge" area?


What is so shameful about badges anyway?

Does it have anything to do with,

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms