Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 02-27-2013, 06:56 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
My first Car update for those interested *w/ pics*

Well its been a while since I was on the forum talking about my first car. I first asked every ones opinion of getting a car I found online in Texas when I am from Pennsylvania. I found the car a 2007 E92 6MT 335i. I have to say I am glad I did not get a DCT and got the 6MT. Just to remind everyone again I paid for the car myself by working for years and saving up, my parents did not buy this for me. Most of you on the forum were against it and said it was too fast of a car for a 16 year old. Well it will be one year in May since I got the car and it has been a wonderful. Yes it is a fast car and I thought I was responsible enough to handle it which has been true so far. The car had a CPO warranty until November or 100k miles and have only had one problem and that was a leaking valve cover gasket and a slit vacuum line going to the rear wastegate which was covered under warranty. I drive my car everywhere and I am pretty much obsessed with it. Changed the oil and filter every 4k miles, wash her at least once a week, completely detailed her 3 times already with 10+ hours of detailing, (Wash, Clay bar, polish, wax.) I've tested for boost leaks, cleaned the intake valves, Steam cleaned the engine bay, and only use a reputable gas brand. So far I put 11 thousand miles on it since October when I got my license. I have done some modifications on it and I am not finished yet. I installed all of the mods myself which some people would have no idea how to do but if you like cars why not install it on your own car.

Mods:
-JB4 tune
-VRSF 3" catless downpipes
-DCI (Didn't have patience to wait for BMS)
-Muffler delete until I get a catback
-Removed H&R lowering springs off and reinstalled stock springs
-AR OCC
-ESC Tuning Vent Boost gauge
-Vinyl wrapped interior trim
-Complete Interior LED light kit
-Rims painted

Previous mods before I purchased car:
-Windows tinted
-OEM front lip
-HID fog lights

Future modifications:
-HPF 3.5" Catback
-Mtech front+rear bumpers
-LED Angel eyes
-Helix FMIC
-CSL CF trunk
-Suggestions?

Ads by Google
Old 02-27-2013, 07:10 PM
Fluggaenkdechioebolsen!

Mein Auto: MH-60S
Nice ride.

Since you're so invested in it, in terms of both time and money, keep it forever! A car like that will always be fun to drive.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:21 PM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Congratulations kid, you're doing well for yourself, keep it up. If you have any specific questions post them and we'll try to give you some good advice.
(BTW It's refreshing just to read a post with a point, well constructed sentences, and proper spelling and punctuation, let alone read what you've accomplished. I've met a few like you over the years, they all ended up very successful in life.)
Old 02-27-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
Congratulations kid, you're doing well for yourself, keep it up. If you have any specific questions post them and we'll try to give you some good advice.
(BTW It's refreshing just to read a post with a point, well constructed sentences, and proper spelling and punctuation, let alone read what you've accomplished. I've met a few like you over the years, they all ended up very successful in life.)
Thanks for the support! I am already working on my career and not many can say that at my age. I plan on being successful and I love it when people have positive reinforcement. I try to stay away from people that are negative.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:35 PM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlesstime View Post
Thanks for the support! I am already working on my career and not many can say that at my age. I plan on being successful and I love it when people have positive reinforcement. I try to stay away from people that are negative.
You are wise beyond your years.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 328I xdrive
Very sweet ride... Congratulations! You never forget your first car. Mine a 1966 black VW.
Today I own a new 2011 328i xdrive purchased this past August. It is resting for the winter in the garage with 1,200 miles. It could be my last car.
Keep up the great work!
Old 02-27-2013, 08:28 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 325i
Quote:
Well its been a while since I was on the forum talking about my first car.
Wow! My first car, when I was 17, was a clapped out 1971 Maverick.

Quote:
I have to say I am glad I did not get a DCT and got the 6MT.
Yeah! A young guy that appreciates actually driving his car. Save the manuals!

Quote:
Just to remind everyone again I paid for the car myself by working for years and saving up, my parents did not buy this for me. Most of you on the forum were against it and said it was too fast of a car for a 16 year old.
Well good for you. Just don't get any speeding tickets because I'm sure the insurance for a turbocharged BMW is already steep for a 16-17 year old and it would skyrocket even higher if the Fuzz slaps you for speeding.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Well good for you. Just don't get any speeding tickets because I'm sure the insurance for a turbocharged BMW is already steep for a 16-17 year old and it would skyrocket even higher if the Fuzz slaps you for speeding.
I did forget to mention that one, I have only got one speeding ticket but nothing else. 62mph in a 50, Luckily my insurance wasn't affected by it because it was a speed camera ticket when I was in D.C so no points or anything just a small fine.
They actually let you go on their website and they have pictures of your car so I took this as a learning experience not to get caught for real.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post

Dammit DSX, I can spell when I want to!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I did forget to mention that one, I have only got one speeding ticket but nothing else. 62mph in a 50, Luckily my insurance wasn't affected by it because it was a speed camera ticket when I was in D.C so no points or anything just a small fine.
They actually let you go on their website and they have pictures of your car so I took this as a learning experience not to get caught for real.

That looks like a four lane divided highway. Really stupid that the speed limit is 50 mph.

Speed cameras are unconstitutional IMHO. So far none here in Indiana.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
I have done some modifications on it and I am not finished yet. I installed all of the mods myself which some people would have no idea how to do but if you like cars why not install it on your own car.

I LIKE a man who works with jack stands!

Note: JB4 has a software boost gauge - commandeers an existing gauge to display.

You'll be noticing the suspension now....what are your plans t'upgrade?
Old 02-27-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALWATERBOY View Post
I LIKE a man who works with jack stands!

Note: JB4 has a software boost gauge - commandeers an existing gauge to display.

You'll be noticing the suspension now....what are your plans t'upgrade?
Yeah! I want to invest in a car lift sometime if I get more serious into automotive.

I know there is a boost gauge in the JB4 software, that's what I used before I got the ECS one. I have the Air/fuel ratio on the temperature gauge and I left my fuel gauge to display just that, I did not like having to go through the menu and disable gauge hijacking to see how much gas I had because on the track gas goes by pretty fast.

And the last thing about suspension, I want to track the car more than I already have so eventually I want to get some kind of KW's or Tc-Kline if that is what you are asking.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
And the last thing about suspension, I want to track the car more than I already have so eventually I want to get some kind of KW's or Tc-Kline if that is what you are asking.

I can recommend Ground Control's matched Eibach linear spring / Koni Yellow custom valved shock combo. Street / School kit includes M rear camber arms. Jay [Ground Control] is a track guy and can guide you well re: spring rate.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:47 AM

Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BashedBarrique View Post
That looks like a four lane divided highway. Really stupid that the speed limit is 50 mph.

Speed cameras are unconstitutional IMHO. So far none here in Indiana.
lol I only go into dc with friends and NEVER drive. They lovvvvve revenue over there.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:12 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMX 328Xi
Man, I am 17 and I would never touch anything in my car.... I spent way too much on it and if something goes wrong, I am screwed. :P
Old 03-03-2013, 03:14 PM

Quick Question:

How exactly did you paint your rims? Are they powdercoated?
Old 03-04-2013, 11:40 AM

Mein Auto: Audi
That looks awesome!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:58 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo.karney View Post
Man, I am 17 and I would never touch anything in my car.... I spent way too much on it and if something goes wrong, I am screwed. :P
Well I sure hope nothing does go wrong in the near future (especially if you plan on keeping the car after the warranty is up). Things WILL go wrong eventually without proper looking after and inspections, there's no hiding that.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:01 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Great job. So you upgraded the speakers on that bad-boy?

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:14 PM

Mein Auto: BLT335xi, e92 6MT
Quote:
Nice ride.

Keep up the good work you're future is bright...I know how that feels. Just before I turned 17 (when you get your license here in NJ), I saved up all this money from working to buy my 2001 Saab 9-3. I would hand wash, wax, etc the car and always was fixing issues that came up. Now, at 24, I just graduated college, got a great job, bought a townhouse and just recently my 328xi. Hopefully, as I learn on this forum, I'll be able to do a lot of the maint and all myself.
BMWCCA #489063

The BLT335xi - '11 BMW 335xi, M-Sport, Convenience, Premium, H/K sound, iDrive

Previous Rides:
'13 Cadillac ATS - Fired
'09 BMW 328xi - KIA by Bambi, reincarnated in Michigan
'11 Ford Fusion SEL
'08 Honda Accord Coupe
'01 Saab 9-3 2.0T
Old 03-04-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiHoTTo115 View Post
Well I sure hope nothing does go wrong in the near future (especially if you plan on keeping the car after the warranty is up). Things WILL go wrong eventually without proper looking after and inspections, there's no hiding that.
I am not keeping it for very long. I have to sell it here pretty soon since freshmen can't have cars on campus... or leave it in storage for an entire year....
Old 03-04-2013, 12:52 PM

Mein Auto: 130i & E92 325i, E90 SOLD
Blxxdy awesome

Love your car

Love your mods
06 130i - ROCK SOLID Performer
07 320i - SOLD
08 E92 325i - Blue SOLD
Bicycles: Giant TCR Advanced Zero SOLD, Argon 18 Krypton, Argon 18E114, Trek Madone COMING
BOUGHT : MY11.5 X1 Xdrive25i

New car... Estoril Blue Car
Old 03-04-2013, 03:05 PM

Mein Auto: M5 NOW, M3 550 760 335RIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo.karney View Post
I am not keeping it for very long. I have to sell it here pretty soon since freshmen can't have cars on campus... or leave it in storage for an entire year....
lol talk to the fundraising staff.. A "donation" has a lot of weight at public/private institutions

Last edited by SuperTerp; 03-06-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:20 PM
I Know Nothing

Mein Auto: '10 E92 335i
Sweet ride. Love the tasteful mods. Have you ever thought about de-badging? Way cleaner look in my opinion.

Also, you should add an M3 steering wheel. Seems like a small change but the difference is huge. Keep up the good work.

2010 E92 335i
2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2007 E93 328i (Sold)
2002 Ford Focus SVT (Sold)
2001 Ford SVT Lightning (Sold)
1983 BMX (Totaled... Twice)
Old 03-04-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight_Schrute View Post
Sweet ride. Love the tasteful mods. Have you ever thought about de-badging? Way cleaner look in my opinion.

Also, you should add an M3 steering wheel. Seems like a small change but the difference is huge. Keep up the good work.

Hey Schrute how's that beet farm coming?

Also, does "debadging" mess up the badge? I have seen videos where a length of fishing line is tugged under the badge and the badge plops off into the ether.

Could the badge be re-affixed later if so desired? What is the paint like under the "badge" area?

What is so shameful about badges anyway?

Does it have anything to do with,