Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > BMW News Articles and Announcements

BMW News Articles and Announcements
Read the latest BMW headlines and discuss them with your fellow bimmer enthusiasts!

Old 03-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #1
33 BMW dealers honored as 2013 Centers of Excellence. Is your dealer one of them?

pix335i
Enthusiast

Show Printable Version Email this Page

Advertisement
posted by pix335i

BMW of North America, LLC today announced its annual Center of Excellence (COE) honors, awarded to the top performing dealerships in the U.S. Thirty-three of the 338 BMW dealers nationwide achieved “2013 Center of Excellence” status based on their 2012 performance in customer satisfaction, outstanding brand representation, operational excellence and profitability.

“I am always very proud to welcome the Center of Excellence winners and this year we have a strong mix of repeat and new winners,” said BMW of North America President and CEO Ludwig Willisch. “Being a COE has never been more critical to the success of our brand and we are all inspired by their accomplishments.”

“We recognize not only these outstanding owners and operators but also their teams who continuously demonstrate the ability to perform in a highly competitive market,” said Peter Miles, BMW of North America Executive VP of Operations. “It takes commitment, adaptability and consistency to reach the ranks of a COE dealership.”

2013 Center of Excellence Award Recipients

1. BMW of Stratham, Stratham NH
2. Tulley BMW, Nashua NH
3. BMW of Newport, Middletown RI
4. BMW of Ridgefield, Ridgefield CT
5. BMW of Bridgeport, Bridgeport CT
6. BMW of the Main Line, Bala Cynwyd PA
7. BMW of Alexandria, Alexandria VA
8. United BMW of Gwinnett Place, Duluth GA
9. Schaeffer BMW, Wilmington NC
10. Performance BMW, Chapel Hill NC
11. Rick Hendrick BMW Charleston, Charleston SC
12. Hendrick BMW, Charlotte NC
13. BMW of Austin, Austin TX
14. Sandy Sansing BMW, Pensacola FL
15. Roadshow BMW, Cordova TN
16. Desert BMW of Las Vegas, Las Vegas NV
17. BMW of Murrieta, Murrieta CA
18. BMW of San Diego, San Diego CA
19. New Century BMW, Alhambra CA
20. Shelly BMW, Buena Park CA
21. Irvine BMW, Irvine CA
22. BMW of Honolulu, Honolulu HI
23. BMW of Visalia, Visalia CA
24. Peter Pan BMW, San Mateo CA
25. Kuni BMW, Beaverton OR
26. Schomp BMW of Highlands Ranch, Highlands Ranch CO
27. Perillo BMW, Inc., Chicago IL
28. Sharpe BMW, Grand Rapids MI
29. Erhard BMW of Farmington Hills, Farmington Hills MI
30. Dreyer & Reinbold, Inc., Indianapolis IN
31. BMW of Minnetonka, Minnetonka MN
32. Motorwerks BMW, Bloomington MN
33. BMW of El Cajon, El Cajon CA

Because of the outstanding work of the dealer network, BMW Group in 2012 achieved its best sales ever in the U.S.
This article has been viewed 7452 times.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 BMW 235xi Coupe
I'm pretty sure that's three years in a row for Ridgefield and Bridgeport, CT. Pretty impressive. I bought my car from Ridgefield and have it serviced in Bridgeport. Both pro shops. I'm pretty sure they are owned by the same guy. Looks like he and his team "gets" it. Congrats!
Old 03-03-2013, 03:04 PM

Mein Auto: A car
I guess one of my dealers is on the list - I bought my 5'er from Schomp BMW of Highlands Ranch, Highlands Ranch CO - personally, I think COs BMW in Loveland has *better* customer service then Schomp but that does not mean that I received bad service from Schomp in any way at all (apart from having to drive down there to get my mats which they took out) - but my chosen dealers is a much smaller dealer than Schomp.

Schomp not a bad dealer at all - I just prefer COs - but who wouldn't when COs is 12 miles away and Schomp is 55 or so miles?!?

Of the 3 dealers in Denver/Boulder area - my experiences with Schomp is the best in my opinion second place only to COs. I am surprised that COs isn't on the list - but if volume has anything to do with it... that would be by Schomp gets the award in CO - they are the largest BMW dealer in the state by a long way.

There is one dealer on that list I tried to buy two cars from - one a BMW - the other a different marque - I'd never give them time again I don't think... maybe I don't look like a BMW buyer to them...

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:08 PM
A BMW, 7 Series of course

Mein Auto: LS460
You have got to be kidding me... Perillo BMW? That's the worst dealership I have ever been to! I called 14 times before I could finally talk to my SA, and he is a complete asshole to start with! If they are on the list I would hate to see what dealerships that aren't on the list are like...
Old 03-05-2013, 01:51 PM

Mein Auto: BMW
Dear BMW750IMMIA,

Where do I start, I apologize that you had such a bad experience with us. We monitor forums like this and appreciate your feedback, whether it is positive or not so positive. It gives us the opportunity to hear your voice and make improvements based on your feedback. The Perillo family takes Customer Service very seriously and we are constantly working on delivering a world class experience to each and every one of our customers. I did have a chance to speak with Joe Perillo Jr., who was also concerned with your experience, if you would like we can have a conference call with him or you can contact me directly. My name is Israel and my e-mail address is irodriguez@joeperillo.com. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy JP View Post
Dear BMW750IMMIA,

Where do I start, I apologize that you had such a bad experience with us. We monitor forums like this and appreciate your feedback, whether it is positive or not so positive. It gives us the opportunity to hear your voice and make improvements based on your feedback. The Perillo family takes Customer Service very seriously and we are constantly working on delivering a world class experience to each and every one of our customers. I did have a chance to speak with Joe Perillo Jr., who was also concerned with your experience, if you would like we can have a conference call with him or you can contact me directly. My name is Israel and my e-mail address is irodriguez@joeperillo.com. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.
I sent an email to you. Thank you for listening to my complaint
Old 03-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Account Under Review

Mein Auto: 750li
I have never been to Bpt or Ridgefield. I am mainly a customer of Greenwich and Darien and I am not suprised they are not on this list. I will have to try Ridgefield sometime.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:40 PM

Mein Auto: A car
Lol - Perillo was the dealer I was referring to as well. I called about a CPO E92 a few years ago *and* a used Porsche and was treated like a 2nd class citizen on each call. I even visited their showroom on a trip to chi
Town on business and the experience was - shall we say - underwhelming. I'm on my second bimmer now and if perillo was the only dealer in the nation with the next car I wanted - I'd probably keep looking before wasting a long distance phone call.

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyb View Post
Lol - Perillo was the dealer I was referring to as well. I called about a CPO E92 a few years ago *and* a used Porsche and was treated like a 2nd class citizen on each call. I even visited their showroom on a trip to chi
Town on business and the experience was - shall we say - underwhelming. I'm on my second bimmer now and if perillo was the only dealer in the nation with the next car I wanted - I'd probably keep looking before wasting a long distance phone call.
Pretty much if you walk in there and your looking for a car under 75k, your probably going to have to start a fire to get someone's attention. Its unreal.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:02 PM

Mein Auto: 04 330Ci 6 Spd, 07 335Cic
where is Knauz BMW in Lake Bluff, IL? They are definitely better than Perillo, and dont store their cars within a foot of each other, not to mention their customer service is way better.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:38 PM

Mein Auto: BMW Z3
Lol you guys are right about Pirillo, I love BMW Of Orland Park, IL
Old 03-12-2013, 12:57 PM

Four people on here don't like Perillo? I don't see how they could possibly make this list. I got an apology email from the owner, wasn't sincere at all. It was automated I am pretty sure and when I responded I never got a response. Why would I even consider this place after another slap in the face?
Old 03-12-2013, 01:27 PM

Mein Auto: BMW Z3
Eh, I got my E90 From Orland Park anyway; my Z3 came from a private sale.. Never stepping foot in Pirillo again.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535ix
Purchased my535 at BMW of the Main Line, Bala Cynwyd PA . Without a doubt a quality outfit. Sales people and service staff were all knowledgeable and attentive.
Alan F

Prior-2011 528i-Imperial Blue Metallic, Venetian Beige Leather,Prem Pkg, Split fold down rear seat,Heated seats , NAV
Prior- 2008 528i,Black sapphire metallic,Oyster dakota leather
CD,CWP,NAV,PREM PKG,ST,WT
Old 03-15-2013, 08:02 AM
Mr. Onyx

Mein Auto: 2012 5351
To my elation, I'm delighted to see that BMW (Tisher) of Silver Spring, MD didn't make this prestigious list. It is the worst after sale customer service I've ever encountered. I drove out an never heard a thing from them since. Thankfully, there are other dealers in the area and I choose BMW of Alexandria as my servicing facility and they deserve the recognition bestowed upon them through this award. I have never been so satisfied with SA's attention to provide the utmost possible best service that can be provided. Thanks, BMW of Alexandria a well deserved honor and to be in the top 10 is a really great honor.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:20 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 535ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by alandf View Post
Purchased my535 at BMW of the Main Line, Bala Cynwyd PA . Without a doubt a quality outfit. Sales people and service staff were all knowledgeable and attentive.
Alan F
BTW: Previous BMW's were purchased and serviced at West German BMW in Fort Washington, PA. Their service department was responsive and excellent. this included the service writers,lead mechanic and the service manager. All quality people.
That said, when my 2011 needed to be replaced because of an accident, the sales department was difficult, intractable,stubborn and elitist. I obviously went elsewhere.

Prior-2011 528i-Imperial Blue Metallic, Venetian Beige Leather,Prem Pkg, Split fold down rear seat,Heated seats , NAV
Prior- 2008 528i,Black sapphire metallic,Oyster dakota leather
CD,CWP,NAV,PREM PKG,ST,WT
Old 03-18-2013, 11:51 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 X 5 Diesel
Schaeffer BMW - Wilmington, NC

While admitting that I am in the glow of one month of ownership of this BMW, I have to say that Schaeffer earned its position in the list of celebrated dealers. Straight talk, enthusiasm from all departments, and a fair deal on price and trade. That is a formula for attracting and keeping customers.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:52 AM

Schaeffer BMW - Wilmington, NC

While admitting that I am in the glow of one month of ownership of this BMW, I have to say that Schaeffer earned its position in the list of celebrated dealers. Straight talk, enthusiasm from all departments, and a fair deal on price and trade. That is a formula for attracting and keeping customers.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:46 PM

Mein Auto: Nissan 370Z
I am actually working on getting my 3 series from BMW of Newport #3. They are phenomenal. Great to work with, no pressure, guilt free test drive and are so nice. Anyone in Mass, RI or CT should definitely go there.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:50 PM

Mein Auto: 335
Anyone know the criteria used to award these dealerships? Is it purely based on sales? Or combo sales and service?
Old 05-07-2013, 05:55 PM

My understanding is that the awards are based on some combination of sales and service.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 550i M Sport
Awesome Sales Experience

Our local dealership, Rick Hendrick BMW in Charleston, made the list and after our recent sales experience, I agree. If you're in the area, visit Rick Hendrick BMW and ask for Stephen Clinch. He's a young salesman and is knowledgable about the vehicles. He doesn't give you the run around and follows up promptly to requests via phone or email. I feel like he was working on our behalf to help get us the best deal. We purchased two 2013 vehicles from them.

SC-Caniac
Old 05-13-2013, 01:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 Alpine White 135i
Bought my first ever BMW, a 2010 135i, from Schomp in Highlands Ranch. I'd driven a few cars there last fall but they didn't have exactly what I wanted until a couple of weeks ago. The staff are very proud of receiving such an award from BMW. And from what I've experienced so far, they are very deserving of such an accolade.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 550i, 2014 X3 28i
I'll add to this list, the only reason why BMW of Austin is on there is probably for profitability. Their prices are outrageous since they're the only BMW center around, I guess until people have another alternative they will keep screwing people over left and right.
2008 528i - Retired