Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Old 03-05-2013, 01:18 PM
USAF Pararescue Veteran

Mein Auto: 2008 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXM_Help View Post
Hi there-

Thanks for the feedback on programming. We've sent this along to our programming team.

SiriusXM Digital Care Team
I appreciate you sending my concerns to the programming team, but honestly, they have until the end of my trial to fix it. I already RARELY use my SAT radio, I even use HD radio more - and that's free. Most of the time I use my iPod in my car, that way when I get bored I just go and delete my playlists and load new ones. Granted, it helps having 4 TB of music and video stored at home.

[B]2008 550 - Carbon Black/Black - M-sport, Cold Weather, Premium, NAV, Comfort Access, Logic 7 (LOADED, every option except night vision)

Previous 3 cars (the 550 is my 38th car):
2005 530i - Prem, Sport, NAV
2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Old 03-06-2013, 10:31 AM
@thenewpegs

Mein Auto: E60 M5
Well, at least we know that they're on forums looking to help people.

[OFF TOPIC ALERT]

NOW HEAR THIS Sirius XM people....

You need a station that plays Hard Rock / Metal that is a compromise between Octane and Liquid Metal.

Liquid metal is cookie monster RAHHH RAHHH!!!! GGRRRRRR crap all the time... and Octane is the new pop-hard rock which is terrible... seriously, it's garbage.

But a station that plays actual decent hard rock/metal would be kickass. Think, Slayer, Deftones, Pantera, Tool, etc... Call it the Lithium of heavy metal.

make that isht happen.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:04 PM
DIY'er

Mein Auto: 2004 545i
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderlord View Post

[OFF TOPIC ALERT]

You need a station that plays Hard Rock / Metal that is a compromise between Octane and Liquid Metal.

Liquid metal is cookie monster RAHHH RAHHH!!!! GGRRRRRR crap all the time... and Octane is the new pop-hard rock which is terrible... seriously, it's garbage.

But a station that plays actual decent hard rock/metal would be kickass. Think, Slayer, Deftones, Pantera, Tool, etc... Call it the Lithium of heavy metal.

make that isht happen.
ding ding ding
Old 03-06-2013, 12:09 PM
USAF Pararescue Veteran

Mein Auto: 2008 550i
I like a wide range of music, everything from classic rock to hip hop, from motown to classical. I can't find stations on Sirius that really have a lot of music I want to listen to. Even my local radio stations have better selection, I just can't stand the 15 minutes of commercials that sometimes interrupt the programming on the "more music all the time" stations. So, I am left with my iPod. Besides, I love the looks I get when my iPod goes from Led Zepplin to Swizz Beats to Marvin Gaye to Rolling Stones - priceless

[B]2008 550 - Carbon Black/Black - M-sport, Cold Weather, Premium, NAV, Comfort Access, Logic 7 (LOADED, every option except night vision)

Previous 3 cars (the 550 is my 38th car):
2005 530i - Prem, Sport, NAV
2006 Jeep SRT-8
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Old 03-06-2013, 01:07 PM
@thenewpegs

Mein Auto: E60 M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjinca View Post
I like a wide range of music, everything from classic rock to hip hop, from motown to classical. I can't find stations on Sirius that really have a lot of music I want to listen to. Even my local radio stations have better selection, I just can't stand the 15 minutes of commercials that sometimes interrupt the programming on the "more music all the time" stations. So, I am left with my iPod. Besides, I love the looks I get when my iPod goes from Led Zepplin to Swizz Beats to Marvin Gaye to Rolling Stones - priceless
My presets are:

80's on 8
90's on 9
Alt Nation
Lithium
Octane
BPM

I can find something good on at least one of those stations.

Local radio is a joke... mindless DJ's yakking on and on about stupid crap...

I can't just plug in an ipod, I'm incapable of listening to an entire song if I have the ability to change the song.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:21 PM
Propellers Up Front

Mein Auto: Some Bavarian car outside
I listen to 80's, 90's, the Joint, BPM, Highway, Watercolors, 20 on 20, Hits1, Pulse, Hip-Hop Nation, and Laugh USA. Those are presets. I listen to a few more. I usually run a channel for a good week or two. It's the same setup on my phone so I can swap vehicles.
Laugh USA can be good if on a long trip, a good laugh is good for keeping awake. I can't tell the last time I listened to FM.
Of those above BPM fits my style though, keeps me alert and focused on driving.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 530xi 6 speed manual
My presets are:
1. Spectrum
2. First Wave
3. Deep Tracks
4. Classic Rewind
5. Classic Vinyl
6. Lithium
7. Jam_On
8. Underground Garage
9. BPM
10. Alt Nation
11. Chill
12. Spa
  • The CD slot has an audiobook loaded at all times
  • At :25 and :55 I flip to AM for the WCBS business news
  • At :26 and :56 I flip to WINS for their business news
  • At :27 and :57 I listen to traffic and weather on my local AM station
  • At :28 and :58 it's back to Sirius

Oh, and if I get bored with those choices, there's always my Griffin Technology BlueTrip AUX hooked up to my phone with Pandora.

Anal enough for you?

Last edited by Jay Arras; 03-06-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:40 PM
DIY'er

Mein Auto: 2004 545i
I really need to order one of those BlueTrip Aux things. I just need to wire it somewhere hidden and voila, A2DP
Old 03-06-2013, 04:39 PM

Mein Auto: n/a
SiriusXM

Hi there-

Thanks for the suggestion, we have sent this along to our music programming team.

SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Quote:

[OFF TOPIC ALERT]

make that isht happen.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:43 PM
1oz perception-1# obscure

Mein Auto: 2013 535i XDrive M-Sport
Quote:

[OFF TOPIC ALERT]

make that isht happen.
Ha! Cookie Monster, for the win. I never thought of that comparison before, but it's spot on. I laughed out loud.