Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 05-15-2002, 10:41 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Teej Send a message via Yahoo to Teej
Mein Auto: 2006 MINI Cooper S
and the bulbs start failing one by one...

the driver side brake light died last saturday...and today the passenger side light died too. I hope my car is not dying...

Taking my car in for Inspection I on Thursday, its already overdue by like 700 miles (had to make a trip to PA this past weekend). Thats the earliest appointment I could get when I made it like 3 weeks ago. My baby should be able to survive another day....

Any ideas why my bulbs are failing all of a sudden? Do these bulbs just get old and die after a year and a half or so? That would explain why both of them failed around the same time. Or maybe just a weird coincidence?
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2002, 10:43 AM
Ex-Dictator

Mein Auto: Saab
Re: and the bulbs start failing one by one...

Quote:
Originally posted by Teej
the driver side brake light died last saturday...and today the passenger side light died too. I hope my car is not dying...
LOL, no it's not dying . Happened to me too a few times, like every bulb they have a limited life. I always have a few spare bulbs in the trunk.
Old 05-15-2002, 10:47 AM
King of Rear Clunks

Mein Auto: 01 325iT, 88 M6
All of my first car's bulbs (81 Datsun) but 2 lasted the whole 15 years or so my family owned the car.

My last car had 1 taillight bulb blow out in its 7 years.

I would expect these cars with more tightly regulated electrical systems would help bulbs last longer.
Old 05-15-2002, 11:01 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to Teej Send a message via Yahoo to Teej
Mein Auto: 2006 MINI Cooper S
Driving my car has been pretty difficult today. Seeing these two red lights for the two failed bulbs on both sides, and this piece of folded paper stuck inbetween the airbag cover and steering wheel to get rid of the irritating rattling, the sunroof sometimes not behaving properly (sometimes when the sunroof is closing and I turn my car off, it starts opening up again), and this weird sound I heard for the first time today...sounded like someone was knocking from inside the trunk...no I checked to make sure I had disposed of the body I had in there before. But it didn't happen again, could have been a different car behind or next to me when I was stopped at the light, cuz thats the only time it happened...so far. Hmm..what else...oh and the steering that moves in steps while coming back to center around 35-45mph. And of course a couple of minor rattles from somewhere...
Not to forget the stupid key that sometimes doesn't unlock all the doors. Have to lock and try again, and even that doesn't work sometimes. Then have to unlock from inside..pretty embarrasing.

That really is all I can think of right now...
Old 05-15-2002, 11:21 AM
Just some guy

Mein Auto: e90 330 6mt zsp
My friend's 330i is always blowing lights.

She goes through a new fog or brake light every month or so. They keep telling her it's normal. Neither of my e46s has ever lost a light.