Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
Okay DSX,

Here is the lunchtime pic.

I had to drive 11.3 miles to get it. All done top down, even though the wind kept threatening to slam down my wind deflector.

No top down Audi's or MB's noted, however I did pass a top down Lexus with temp tags on it.

Qualifies as "local landmark".

(and yes, please note the "M" on the wheelcover Roundels is aligned with the valve stem.)
Wow, two great contributions. Nice vivid colors in yours Kat, good composition too with the local color ("Katy", nice touch). Your car is beautiful, I'd expect nothing less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesevel View Post
A few months ago, I was sitting at a stop light in my well-maintained '03 Z4. I was hit from behind by a driver of a Grand Cherokee Jeep, non-stop at an estimated 50 mph. I was also pushed in to a Lexus in front of me. Z4 and Cherokee were destroyed. I had some head wounds that have healed and finally received a settlement from the driver's insurance company. To celebrate our fiftieth wedding anniversary, we purchased an '08 328i retractable hardtop, Atlantic Blue, with only 19.5K miles and a CPO through 4/13. Today it was 84 degrees and sunny and we dropped the top!
Mikey
Mikesevel, welcome to the E9x forum. Sounds like that Z4 really got accordioned, glad you made it through OK (though hanging out here does make one wonder).
Even though TX is a big state, and rightfully should have more than one 'winner' I have to give the prize to Nordic Kat, she bagged TX first. You are already a winner though if you've been married 50 years and you and the bride are still having fun in a very sharp looking E93 328i!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Omnia in modum

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesevel View Post
A few months ago, I was sitting at a stop light in my well-maintained '03 Z4. I was hit from behind by a driver of a Grand Cherokee Jeep, non-stop at an estimated 50 mph. I was also pushed in to a Lexus in front of me. Z4 and Cherokee were destroyed. I had some head wounds that have healed and finally received a settlement from the driver's insurance company. To celebrate our fiftieth wedding anniversary, we purchased an '08 328i retractable hardtop, Atlantic Blue, with only 19.5K miles and a CPO through 4/13. Today it was 84 degrees and sunny and we dropped the top!
Mikey
Whoa! Your Z4 really sacrificed itself for your safety. Your E93 is beautiful. What a nice find.

Congrats on the 50 years!!

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 03-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Okay DSX,

I had to drive 11.3 miles to get it. All done top down, even though the wind kept threatening to slam down my wind deflector.

No top down Audi's or MB's noted, however I did pass a top down Lexus with temp tags on it.

Qualifies as "local landmark".

(and yes, please note the "M" on the wheelcover Roundels is aligned with the valve stem.)
When I was a kid I had an MKT box car on my Lionel train set.

I never knew what "The Katy" meant until now.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians
Old 03-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Non compos Mentos

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
When I was a kid I had an MKT box car on my Lionel train set.

I never knew what "The Katy" meant until now.

CA
Isn't it amazing the things we learn on Bimmerfest?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007-335 HTC
I had the top down last Sunday when I replace the rear shocks for new Koni FSD's

and went for a drive,

Winter is better time to drive with the top Down in Charlotte, at least during the day, in the summer its better when the sun goes down
I need to get my triumph TR6 out for a spin with the top down soon
Old 03-05-2013, 11:57 AM
BMWCCA 149159

Mein Auto: 335 vert//M3/4/ 13Outback
Air Armament Museum Eglin AFB

Here is my 335 in front of my old office, B-52G model.
74F and I saw only one other vert today.
Cell phone picture as I am not a photographer.
Note I have the head rests in the rear removed and don't have my covers made yet. Greatly improves blind spots with them out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Air Armament Museum (my old office and new office).jpg
Views:	64
Size:	169.4 KB
ID:	364902   Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW 335 and B52G Model.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	364903  

Last edited by fun2drive; 03-05-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Non compos Mentos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2drive View Post
Note I have the head rests in the rear removed and don't have my covers made yet. Greatly improves blind spots with them out.
That's what I'm talkin' about. Fun2drive bags Florida!
Louisiana, Arizona where are you? Represent!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Here comes trouble!

Mein Auto: 2009 328i E90 :)
In January a co-worker in a Porsche Boxster showed up wearing a plush winter fur hat with the top down. It was about 45F out that morning, but highs expected in the 60s later. I didn't have an opportunity to snatch a pic...

Yesterday highs were in the 80s and it would have been perfect top down weather! I would have almost opened the sun roof had my nose not been running already from the Juniper. Alas, micro-filtered A/C for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
You will rue this day, RUE THIS DAY
Old 03-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Non compos Mentos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
In January a co-worker in a Porsche Boxster showed up wearing a plush winter fur hat with the top down. It was about 45F out that morning, but highs expected in the 60s later. I didn't have an opportunity to snatch a pic...

Yesterday highs were in the 80s and it would have been perfect top down weather! I would have almost opened the sun roof had my nose not been running already from the Juniper. Alas, micro-filtered A/C for me.
As soon as it gets UP to 45 there will be tops down in NH!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328i Monaco Blue 'vert
...waiting for higher temps here in Noo Joisy. Top down pic to follow thereafter...
Old 03-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Omnia in modum

Quote:

Love your "office". ps: a good composition, is still a good composition - the camera is just the capture device

(Enlighten me, please. Is it just my imagination, or is there a correlation between pilots and BMW drivers?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post

We've passed through the Juniper onslaught and Cedar Fever - are wafting into Post Oak and Magnolia time. I think the first top down day I had this year was mid to late January. I take every advantage I can this time of year. Once June hits it will be way too hot for top down pleasure.

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 03-05-2013, 06:11 PM
BMWCCA 149159

Kat:
I just got around to installing the LUX H8 V 3.0 angel eyes yesterday. 2 1/2 hours to get it done all trying to maneauver a plastic tool to hold the heat sink to the light housing and then using a big screw driver to turn the male tabs into the female receiver. I know you did yours a lot quicker since you could most likely get your hands in the opening. The new light output approaches that of the LCI.

Honestly regarding the pilots driving BMWs thing some do some don't but most don't. Remember a B-52 flys like a bus very heavy on the controls.

Looking forward to seeing more member's pictures...
Old 03-05-2013, 06:24 PM
Omnia in modum

Quote:
Kat:
I just got around to installing the LUX H8 V 3.0 angel eyes yesterday. 2 1/2 hours to get it done all trying to maneauver a plastic tool to hold the heat sink to the light housing and then using a big screw driver to turn the male tabs into the female receiver. I know you did yours a lot quicker since you could most likely get your hands in the opening. The new light output approaches that of the LCI.

Honestly regarding the pilots driving BMWs thing some do some don't but most don't. Remember a B-52 flys like a bus very heavy on the controls.

Looking forward to seeing more member's pictures...
Quicker doesn't necessarily mean easier. Since you did it with tools you won't have two weeks of black and blue marks all over your hands. I ended up marking one of the 'ears' with a sharpie and then using that as a reference point. Once I got everything lined up I just reached in with a pliers to apply some rotational force. I'm ambidexterous so it probably helped a little. I still had skinned knuckles and black and blue marks to get the job done.

I, too, am looking forward to more member's pictures. Come on Southern Tier states - show us your top down E93s!

Old 03-06-2013, 06:30 AM
Doing the best I can

Mein Auto: 2009 335i Coupe
The Z is still in the shop or I would have a pic, even though Kat already took the Texas prize.

And I know nobody took a guess at the locale of my sig pics, because nobody cares. However, just to feed the possible one person who may have cared. The 3 pic is taken at Redstone Golf Club, home of the Shell Houston Open. The Z pic is taken at The Woodlands Country Club, home of the Insperity Championship (the Champions Tour event).

And the sig composition was by our own Nordic Kat. She didn't take the lousy pictures, she just arranged them. Thank you again.

Last edited by LarkHouston; 03-06-2013 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:46 AM
Non compos Mentos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarkHouston View Post
The Z is still in the shop or I would have a pic, even though Kat already took the Texas prize.

And I know nobody took a guess at the locale of my sig pics, because nobody cares. However, just to feed the possible one person who may have cared. The 3 pic is taken at Redstone Golf Club, home of the Shell Houston Open. The Z pic is taken at The Woodlands Country Club, home of the Insperity Championship (the Champions Tour event).

And the sig composition was by our own Nordic Kat. She didn't take the lousy pictures, she just arranged them. Thank you again.
An item for our CtoC5 charity auction just occurred to me...now all I have to do is get a certain person to agree to do it.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:03 AM

Mein Auto: 328i Vermillion Red
Was driving from Fairfield County CT to NYC yesterday top down the whole way. Had the heated seats on since it was 45 degrees outside but the sunny day balanced it out. So no other top downs. Didn't see this post before drive or I would have taken a pic. Will have to wait for next top down day since it's snow is acoming today.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:59 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 335i E93
A sunny 61° here in Greenville, SC! Drove about 30 miles this afternoon and saw a 1-er, 3-er, and a MB - none with the top down. I will admit the wind was a bit chilly at 60-80 mph, but hey. I paid for the top-down option, so I'm going to use it! :-)

EDIT: Just saw the stipulation that I needed a landmark, etc. in the background. I guess my house doesn't qualify? LOL. Maybe I can get a shot up atop Paris Mtn tomorrow...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1362858922.833196.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	365542  

2012 335i E93 Le Mans Blue | Saddle Brown | M Sport | Convenience | Cold Weather | Premium | PCD 7/19/12

Last edited by BruinsBMW; 03-09-2013 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:58 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Okay DSX,

Wow, that is a great pic, but I can't believe the condition of your car. For something so old, it looks amazingly new. Is it hard to find parts? Do you take it to antique car shows? Win any ribbons?

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 03-09-2013, 03:51 PM
BMWCCA 149159

Bruins"
Beautifiul color. I wanted the Montego Blue but my negotiating skills didn't measure up thus Atlantic Blue which is a nice color...
Old 03-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Omnia in modum

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post

Wow, that is a great pic, but I can't believe the condition of your car. For something so old, it looks amazingly new. Is it hard to find parts? Do you take it to antique car shows? Win any ribbons?

BJ
Thanks Beej, I cannot tell a lie.
I keep it in a hermetically sealed box, swathed in a goose down lined car cover, only taking it out when the weather is a mild 68-85°F, with 48% relative humidity. Antiques such as it need a lot of TLC if they are to be properly preserved for the day when your kiddos get to the age that they want to re-live "Pop's" glory days.

Since you ask, yes, I will be taking it to an antique car show in early April.

(though not as a participant)

Old 03-09-2013, 06:58 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i (loaner)
We (excluded) "Moonroofers" are watching this thread with great interest, and note the dominance of: B-52 bombers, train freight cars, Kat's gorgeous car, license plates, and the "occasional" rare "Cab" pic.

Watch for the "Moonroofer's" pic thread...we can do better.
E46 M3 6MT
E39 528i 5MT
MBz W140 S320
MBz W124 300E (slammed)
(unmentionables in between)
'71 AMC Javelin (4-Spd Stick on the floor)
'67 Pontiac Firebird 'cabrio' (1st car - "the leaker")
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member: BMW CCA
Old 03-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Cobb-Powered N55

Mein Auto: 2011 E93 335i
Quote:
I keep it in a hermetically sealed box
I feel that way lately about our E93. We've had so much snow in the foothills the past few weeks that she's been doing nothing but sitting in the garage hooked up to the Battery Tender, and we probably won't take her out again until CDOT clears what I swear is an inch of gravel off the roads.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verts4Ever View Post
I feel that way lately about our E93. We've had so much snow in the foothills the past few weeks that she's been doing nothing but sitting in the garage hooked up to the Battery Tender, and we probably won't take her out again until CDOT clears what I swear is an inch of gravel off the roads.

I took the E93 to Danbury CT today. This is the forth time I have had it out of the garage since the Fall Foliage Run last October.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians
Old 03-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Cobb-Powered N55

Mein Auto: 2011 E93 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
I took the E93 to Danbury CT today. This is the forth time I have had it out of the garage since the Fall Foliage Run last October.
We're planning on retiring to SW Florida (Bonita Springs or Punta Gorda) in the next few years, so our E93 be going out every day we're not on the boat. (Really looking forward to taking her over the Seven Mile Bridge!)

But I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

Cheers.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 335i E93
OK. Second installment, this time with some legit locales.

Miles driven: 40
Weather: mostly sunny, 66°
Sightings, top down: two 6-ers, MINI, MB
Sightings, top-up: two 3-ers, Jaguar XK-R, MB, Audi

All in all, a fun way to spend an afternoon on one's birthday! :-)

First pic: top of Paris Mountain, highest point in Greenville, SC, for several miles around. Looking towards downtown Greenville.

Second pic: Major Rudolph Anderson, Jr. Memorial, Cleveland Park, downtown Greenville, SC. Major Anderson, a Greenville native, was shot down over Cuba October 27, 1962 while on a U-2 recon flight. The F-86 was reportedly his favorite plane to fly.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1362949949.938420.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	365717   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1362950017.275880.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	365718  

2012 335i E93 Le Mans Blue | Saddle Brown | M Sport | Convenience | Cold Weather | Premium | PCD 7/19/12