Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > The Best of Bimmerfest! > BMW Coding and Programming

BMW Coding and Programming
Discuss coding options and features on your BMW here.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:26 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitein Iglo View Post
Who actually develops/maintains E-sys?

Would be more appropriate to buy a key with the actual developer than paying $65 to some unknown guy behind a mysterious email address that can magiacally generate some binary files.
E-Sys is designed and built exclusively for BMW Factory Floor Technicians by ESG Elektroniksystem-und Logistik-GmbH, and the Tokens are issued by BMW's Automotive Security Backup Center (ASBC).

By all means though, feel free to contact them and apply for a legitimate EST for your illegitimate copy of E-Sys. Good luck with it.

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Old 03-07-2013, 06:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 x35i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSW1 View Post
No benefit. We've been spoiled by access to the latest psdzdata for so long, but most of the time we don't need it. Unless you car is updated to a newer I-Level or your car is a very new build, there's just no need to upgrade. If your car is updated go spend the money on a token and code to your hearts content for the next year.

Of course there's a chance that a newer token gets leaked. That's basically what happened for 3.18.4. What happens if this time the developer gets pissed, stops bothering with it and then in a year we're high and dry. Well the majority are anyway! Some people are lucky enough to know people in certain circles...and I'm not talking about me :o(

Sean
I have no problem paying for a key (it's not expensive). My X3 is a Jan-2013 build (relatively recent I guess). I'm not sure what "I-Level" means exactly (except that it's obviously some s/w revision). If my X3 was updated and it became incompatible with my current files, would the symptom be e.g. unable to connect to vehicle with E-Sys, or... ?
Old 03-07-2013, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noka View Post
I have no problem paying for a key (it's not expensive). My X3 is a Jan-2013 build (relatively recent I guess). I'm not sure what "I-Level" means exactly (except that it's obviously some s/w revision). If my X3 was updated and it became incompatible with my current files, would the symptom be e.g. unable to connect to vehicle with E-Sys, or... ?
For your F25, unless it was programmed in the last 10 days, you will not have 49.0 on it, which means you can use E-Sys 3.18.4 and the 48.3 PSdZData.

To check your I-Level though, read this post:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1403

F025-12-07-509 = ISTA/P 2.48.2 or ISTA/P 2.48.3
F025-13-03-501 = ISTA/P 2.49.0

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - 2TB SAT / 6WB MFID Cluster / 4U1 Ceramic Controls / 6NR BMW Apps / Rear Fog Lights / Cyba Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips
Old 03-07-2013, 07:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I assume you mean you want to check your car's Integration Level:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1403

PM sent for E-Sys.

49.0 just finished being packaged, but is not uploaded yet. When it is, you can pull it down.
Huge help as always! Thanks!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:45 AM

Mein Auto: range rover
I am still a little confused on the I-Level.

Let's say 49.0 has an updated cafd for a module you already have like kombi or dkombi, is the module not going to recognize that cafd unless I have 49.0 on the car? Are there any documents that explain what the I-Level software contains?
Old 03-07-2013, 09:26 AM

Mein Auto: 316d
Quote:
E-Sys is designed and built exclusively for BMW Factory Floor Technicians by ESG Elektroniksystem-und Logistik-GmbH, and the Tokens are issued by BMW's Automotive Security Backup Center (ASBC).

By all means though, feel free to contact them and apply for a legitimate EST for your illegitimate copy of E-Sys. Good luck with it.

I am currently reverse engineering the e-sys application.
EST token checking-algorithm has already been found.
Currntly in the process of figuring out what the optimal workaround would be: generating a compatible .est file or injecting new key-checking source code.

Shouldn't take much time.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:38 AM

Mein Auto: F11
Quote:

That sounds really good.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:

I am currently reverse engineering the e-sys application.
EST token checking-algorithm has already been found.
Currntly in the process of figuring out what the optimal workaround would be: generating a compatible .est file or injecting new key-checking source code.

Good job. This is a much better approach then your initial suggestion.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:06 PM

Mein Auto: '13 M135i
Quote:

For what it is worth - I don't think it is possible to create a compatible .est file... (And yes, that might be throwing down the gauntlet)

The tag in the .est file contains a PKCS#12 file, stored as base 64 encoded data. You can extract it and use openssl to play with the file - use the EST pin as password when openssl prompts you for the import password. Inside the PKCS#12 file there is a certificate and private key.

Contrary to popular opinion I don't believe "Code Away.est" was a leaked official token. If study the certificate included in this file, you will see it was created by bmwcoding.com - a self signed certificate.

What has probably happened was that BMW (ESG) tightened up the EST token checking in e-sys to exclude these self-signed certificates. So unless you have the proper CA certificate and private key to mint a new certificate the EST is unlikely to work in an unpatched e-sys.

As a side thought - since each EST token contains a certificate, issued to a specific person/organisation, I think it is quite unlikely that we would find a leaked official EST. Too much pain for whoever it was issued to originally.

Quote:

Programmers always say that
Old 03-07-2013, 09:13 PM

Mein Auto: range rover
Quote:
Originally Posted by deonvdw View Post
For what it is worth - I don't think it is possible to create a compatible .est file... (And yes, that might be throwing down the gauntlet)

The tag in the .est file contains a PKCS#12 file, stored as base 64 encoded data. You can extract it and use openssl to play with the file - use the EST pin as password when openssl prompts you for the import password. Inside the PKCS#12 file there is a certificate and private key.

Contrary to popular opinion I don't believe "Code Away.est" was a leaked official token. If study the certificate included in this file, you will see it was created by bmwcoding.com - a self signed certificate.

What has probably happened was that BMW (ESG) tightened up the EST token checking in e-sys to exclude these self-signed certificates. So unless you have the proper CA certificate and private key to mint a new certificate the EST is unlikely to work in an unpatched e-sys.

As a side thought - since each EST token contains a certificate, issued to a specific person/organisation, I think it is quite unlikely that we would find a leaked official EST. Too much pain for whoever it was issued to originally.

Programmers always say that
The guy who is selling the tokens is creating customized .est files. The key is to patch esys, then make the est. Hint---look at the jar files.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
Quote:
The guy who is selling the tokens is creating customized .est files. The key is to patch esys, then make the est. Hint---look at the jar files.
What I meant say above was that I don't think it is possible to create .est files that works without patching e-sys. Like you say - it is clearly possible to create .est files and patch e-sys to work with them.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 328i XDrive
Is there a torrent for psdzdata v49?
Old 03-08-2013, 05:26 AM

Something for the brave

Here is something you can try if you are feeling adventurous: replace the PSDZ_JOBS.jar file in psdzdata 49.0 (or 48.3 for F20/F30) with the one from 48.3 (or 48.1 if you have F20/F30) and update it to include missing .class files. Then use e-sys 3.18 and Code Away.est to code you car...

DISCLAIMER: This is only a thought experiment and I haven't yet seen psdzdata 49.0 nor have I tried it on my car. You are on your own here.

So, the procedure would roughly be like this:
1. Copy PSDZ_JOBS.jar from the mainseries\F0xx\F0xx_xx_xx_xxx\odx\src\odx-d directory to a temporary directory and rename it PSDZ_JOBS_old.zip. Then unzip(extract) this file into a directory called PSDZ_JOBS_old.
2. Now repeat the same process with the PSDZ_JOBS.jar from your new psdzdata, this time naming it PSDZ_JOBS_new.zip and extracting it to PSDZ_JOBS_new directory.
3. Compare the PSDZ_JOBS_old and PSDZ_JOBS_new directories to see if any new files were added. (You can use a tool like windiff)
4. Now copy any .class which only exist in the PSDZ_JOBS_new directory to the corresponding subdirectory in PSDZ_JOBS_old. DO NOT replace any files which already exist in PSDZ_JOBS_old with newer versions.
5. Now zip (send to compressed folder) the files and subdirectories in the updated PSDZ_JOBS_old directory and name it PSDZ_JOBS.jar. Do NOT just right-click on the PSDZ_JOBS_old directory and choose "Sent to compressed folder" - this will include PSDZ_JOBS_old as part of the filename of the files in the archive and we do not want that.
6. Make a backup copy of the PSDZ_JOBS.jar from your new psdzdata (in mainseries\F0xx\F0xx_xx_xx_xxx\odx\src\odx-d) and replace it with the modified PSDZ_JOBS.jar.

GOOD LUCK! NO WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:16 AM

Mein Auto: korea
E-sys 3.22 EST had the payment.

Can I get the 49.0 links?
Old 03-08-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webb View Post
E-sys 3.22 EST had the payment.

Can I get the 49.0 links?
PM sent.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:15 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW M5
Can I Get the 49.0 links as well. Thanks!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 535i xdrive
can i also get the 49.0 link?
Old 03-08-2013, 07:09 PM

Mein Auto: Mini Cooper S
May I have the 49.0 link too?

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:14 AM

Mein Auto: GT535i
Hi Shawn
48.3 doesn't work for my new car-software...So I need 49.0 maybe...(HU_CIC works, but KOMBI doesn't)
Can you send me the download link for the new E-SYS and 49.0?(If E-SYS needs to pay,tell me how to pay?I'm Chinese...thx!)

Last edited by xuzhen9241; 03-09-2013 at 06:18 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpetuousRacer View Post
Can I Get the 49.0 links as well. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nison View Post
can i also get the 49.0 link?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildClyde View Post
May I have the 49.0 link too?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuzhen9241 View Post
Hi Shawn
48.3 doesn't work for my new car-software...So I need 49.0 maybe...(HU_CIC works, but KOMBI doesn't)
Can you send me the download link for the new E-SYS and 49.0?(If E-SYS needs to pay,tell me how to pay?I'm Chinese...thx!)
49.1 was released yesterday..I would not waste my time on 49.0.

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 03-09-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuzhen9241 View Post
Hi Shawn
PM sent for new E-Sys.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 BMW 520dA F11
Exclamation

Quote:
Here is something you can try if you are feeling adventurous: replace the PSDZ_JOBS.jar file in psdzdata 49.0 (or 48.3 for F20/F30) with the one from 48.3 (or 48.1 if you have F20/F30) and update it to include missing .class files. Then use e-sys 3.18 and Code Away.est to code you car...

DISCLAIMER: This is only a thought experiment and I haven't yet seen psdzdata 49.0 nor have I tried it on my car. You are on your own here.

So, the procedure would roughly be like this:
1. Copy PSDZ_JOBS.jar from the mainseries\F0xx\F0xx_xx_xx_xxx\odx\src\odx-d directory to a temporary directory and rename it PSDZ_JOBS_old.zip. Then unzip(extract) this file into a directory called PSDZ_JOBS_old.
2. Now repeat the same process with the PSDZ_JOBS.jar from your new psdzdata, this time naming it PSDZ_JOBS_new.zip and extracting it to PSDZ_JOBS_new directory.
3. Compare the PSDZ_JOBS_old and PSDZ_JOBS_new directories to see if any new files were added. (You can use a tool like windiff)
4. Now copy any .class which only exist in the PSDZ_JOBS_new directory to the corresponding subdirectory in PSDZ_JOBS_old. DO NOT replace any files which already exist in PSDZ_JOBS_old with newer versions.
5. Now zip (send to compressed folder) the files and subdirectories in the updated PSDZ_JOBS_old directory and name it PSDZ_JOBS.jar. Do NOT just right-click on the PSDZ_JOBS_old directory and choose "Sent to compressed folder" - this will include PSDZ_JOBS_old as part of the filename of the files in the archive and we do not want that.
6. Make a backup copy of the PSDZ_JOBS.jar from your new psdzdata (in mainseries\F0xx\F0xx_xx_xx_xxx\odx\src\odx-d) and replace it with the modified PSDZ_JOBS.jar.

GOOD LUCK! NO WARRANTIES EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED!
Be warned! That's really NOT a good idea, especially this file is the main responsible one while CODING or FLASHING your car! I wouldn't to class copying in such a file!

Andy
Old 03-09-2013, 09:22 PM

Mein Auto: 116i
Smile

Quote:
49.1 was released yesterday..I would not waste my time on 49.0.
we can wait
Old 03-10-2013, 06:41 AM

Mein Auto: F11 530D
Hi Shawn,
can you send me your source contact information?
Old 03-10-2013, 09:08 AM

Mein Auto: X3 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by fh1500 View Post
Hi Shawn,
can you send me your source contact information?
Better avoid such queries.