Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Bimmerfest Regional > Regional Forums > Southeast Regional - AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, and TN

Southeast Regional - AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, and TN
Regional forum for members in AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, and TN

Old 02-28-2013, 03:50 PM

Mein Auto: 2004 330Ci
Thumbs up Recommendation for indy Bmw shop in Birmingham AL

I am not a fan of bennettesmotorworld by the summit, where i have taken all my bmws. I have a 2002 745i that has a coolant leak and would like to update the software to the latest version, i have refilled it twice! I am hoping it is not the water pump! Any member suggestions on indy places, i have found online, mercedes doctor in trussville, The auto shop, momentum motor works? I hope smolck or somebody comments?

Last edited by bigj91; 02-28-2013 at 04:05 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 02-28-2013, 05:32 PM
ROLL TIDE!

Mein Auto: 2004 ZHP Sedan
Most of what you mention is high dollar bs. I usually recommend myself since I am BMW indy in my spare time. Bimmer Care Car is good in Bessemer, but they won't be able to update your software.

Check out my YouTube Channel for DIY's and other fun stuff HERE
Check out my BMWBLOG!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Bob View Post
now, go burn your Man Card, and buy yourself a Camry....
Old 02-28-2013, 06:26 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by smolck View Post
Most of what you mention is high dollar bs. I usually recommend myself since I am BMW indy in my spare time. Bimmer Care Car is good in Bessemer, but they won't be able to update your software.

Thanks for replying, I'll check them out this weekend! I saw the DIY on here for the water-pump, I have changed brakes on an e46, but I am not mechanically inclined to try the water pump at home! Decisonssss
Old 03-01-2013, 06:15 AM

Mein Auto: 2003 BMW 540i 6-speed
Bennete's? No The Auto Shop? Yes

I took my '03 540i to Bennette's downtown with a cylinder misfire. They told me the compression was WAY low in one cylinder and I needed a new engine. I won't bore you with the details, but I drove away from The Auto Shop a few days later with the actual problem being very minor. The compression was fine on all cylinders. To Bennette's credit, they apologized and paid for the Auto Shop repair, but I've never been back and I'm torn between it being a case of incompetence or mailicious intent from one of their techs. The Auto Shop is my personal choice. Good luck!
Old 03-02-2013, 11:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 550i GT/X5 35d
I've heard good things about Momentum Motorworks out in Pelham but have never used them myself. Usually trade mine in before the end of the warranty after a very costly e36 post warranty lesson...
Old 03-03-2013, 07:20 PM

Thank yall for the reply!! I sure hope it is not the dreaded timing weep hole leak!! More research is making me more terrified!

Last edited by bigj91; 03-03-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smolck View Post
Sent you a pm, would you have any time available??