Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-05-2013, 06:27 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
First BMW, Mods?

Hey guys I just got my first BMW 328. Left the Audi community had a terrible experience with my A4 but I am sure I'm not the only one. Anyway, what to do with my E90? I already did the Angel Eye cree led upgrade, and HID fogs. Any more suggestions?

Thanks
Ads by Google
Old 03-05-2013, 09:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 330i ZHP M/T
enjoy it as is for now, being new u'll discover many new things that will keep u excited.
u can start with some exterior mods like installing a lip, body kit, rims, trunk...

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Give a man a Chef and he feeds him for a lifetime
Old 03-06-2013, 05:52 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay636 View Post
Hey guys I just got my first BMW 328. Left the Audi community had a terrible experience with my A4 but I am sure I'm not the only one. Anyway, what to do with my E90? I already did the Angel Eye cree led upgrade, and HID fogs. Any more suggestions?

Your ride cries out for suspension & differential improvement....not much you can do for the engine.

Check M3....maybe take a ride....you can have that! How? Ah, that'd be tellin' ya -- but much is discovered exploring Google & Bing....enjoy!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Jersey Born 'nd Raised

Mein Auto: 2011 328i X-Drive
Quote:

Thanks
I live in North Jersey too. Welcome to the BMW community! I just recently purchased a 328i as well. After the winter is over i'm going to look into rim options. Like Cal said, not much can be done to the engine. You're most likely going to be looking at appearance mods. Good luck!

2011 328xi Sedan --- Titanium Silver (Ext.) Black (Int.) --- Fully Loaded
Old 03-06-2013, 10:37 AM

Mein Auto: BLT335xi, e92 6MT
Quote:

Thanks
OMG totally get a performance chip for $69!!!!!!! You get like 498909309HP and 306848lb-ft Torque!

Welcome! I'm also a NJ-er. As for engine, you can do the typical exhaust/intake stuff. I think there are a few tunes out there that help with throttle response put major performance gains you won't see. One thing you will notice is, if you have the Sport Pkg, that getting rid of the RTFs and getting some Koni's would probably be in your best interests (especially in NJ) - this will probably one of my first "mods"
BMWCCA #489063

The BLT335xi - '11 BMW 335xi, M-Sport, Convenience, Premium, H/K sound, iDrive

Previous Rides:
'13 Cadillac ATS - Fired
'09 BMW 328xi - KIA by Bambi, reincarnated in Michigan
'11 Ford Fusion SEL
'08 Honda Accord Coupe
'01 Saab 9-3 2.0T
Old 03-06-2013, 12:36 PM

Mein Auto: 328i
Well I am very pleased with the engine in this car. It is a world of difference compared to the A4 I had. That was like driving a 90' Corolla. I am interested mainly in the cosmetics especially rims cuz my stocks are ugly. I have the base sound system too and that is def not up to par. Still trying to make my money back on rims and coilovers I had on my Audi too, most of that stuff is still like new and just sitting in my apartment collecting dust.