Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > Welcome to Bimmerfest > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
Welcome to Bimmerfest! Whether you are a current BMW owner or just interested in BMW cars, we hope you enjoy your visit. Take a moment to introduce yourself and post a picture of your BMW for the rest of the community to see.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:30 PM

Mein Auto: Car
BMW lover

Hello Bimmer Enthusiasts,
My name is Matt, and I am a 15 year old from sunny California!

I am looking to get my 1st self-purchased car soon, and would love to hear some advice and learn new things. Currently, I drive an 06 Jaguar XJR that was handed down to me, it has less than 30k miles, and I truly enjoy driving it. However, I think a BMW would be much more fitting for a younger driver. Don't get me wrong: I love dusting "rice rockets" in a 400hp RWD saloon car (of course, only when the law has it's head turned around!) However, the styling is WAY too bland for my tastes, and I think the car is more suited towards a older audience. Also, R-Series Jag parts are hard to find and expensive.

Now, I've been looking at the M Series and the 8 Series Bimmers, and I have no idea where to start. I am in love with the 8 Series, but the parts availability is putting me off- the Jag has given me many nightmares. My budget is 17k or less, and would like something newer than the 1980s models.

I am a massive automobile fanatic, and I fix/maintain the family cars myself- if you have 2hands, why not do something that will make you proud? After doing the job, you can stand back and truly enjoy your handiwork. The maximum experience I have car-wise is rebuilding an engine- Two things I don't touch are non fuse-related electronics issues and transmission issues.

I apologize for the long introduction, but my eagerness got the best of me!
Thank you, and enjoy your Ultimate Driving Machine- life is too short!

Matt
Advertisement