Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)

E36 (1991 - 1999)
The E36 chassis 3-Series BMW was a huge hit among driving enthusiasts from the first moment the car hit the pavement. The E36 won numerous awards over the years it was produced and is still a favorite of many BMW enthusiasts to this day! -- View the E36 Wiki

Old 03-06-2013, 05:23 AM

Mein Auto: 325i
warm air

i have a 325i and it seems to blow cool air when the engine is hot through the vents untill i rev the engine up or drive like a looon,,,, is this normal... thanx 4 ur help with my worries,,, i should add its when i want hot air as its still cold here in london
Ads by Google
Old 03-06-2013, 06:19 AM
The Canadian Prick.

Mein Auto: '96 328is Cosmos
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren325 View Post
i have a 325i and it seems to blow cool air when the engine is hot through the vents untill i rev the engine up or drive like a looon,,,, is this normal... thanx 4 ur help with my worries,,, i should add its when i want hot air as its still cold here in london
Search google for "pelican + bleeding e36".

You have air trapped in your cooling system. Even if you've bled it you still missed some. Yes, do it again. Now that it has been done AT LEAST twice, do it again.

Yes I am serious. Yes, many others here will confirm this.

Note that I didn't bother to say to check your coolant level ass doing this will top it off regardless of the coolant level initially.

Sent from my U8651T using Bimmer App

HAS KEN HAD HIS MEDS YET?

Last edited by jonesin; 03-06-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:47 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: rescued bmw's
this sounds like air in the system, and, as ed mentioned, refilling the system should bring you back to normal operation of the heater. however, if you find that the cooling system is full and there are no other indicators of a leak somewhere, you may have a restricted heater core.

checking the operating temp is also a factor should the cooling system as an improperly operating thermostat could cause issues as well. the temp guage should read 1/2 when at operating temp.

and welcome to the fest!!

df