Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-09-2013, 04:50 AM
Adel-75

Send a message via Skype™ to Adel-75
Mein Auto: BMW E92 , 320 D , 04/2010
Coding Headlight on BMW E92 , 320 D , 04/2010 LCI

Dear Mate ,

I am new here on the forums so excuse me if I do mistakes .

first I would like to thank every administrator and who participate here because it is very professional .

my problem is that I have changed the headlight of my car : E92, 320 D , 04/2010 , VIN : E251000 , the previous one were without led with a double xenon headlight with led .

I ve got error message when I do diagnostic , I used Autocom : short circuit in SMC module!
when I put parking light position , first switch to the right , the light goes off .
in all position the side led lights never goes on .
the angel eyes flashing and not stable

someone told me that it need coding ! the new headlight ref : 63117273206.
I have got ISTA/D and ISTA/P running with ICOM , I have ready manual for ISTA/P , I know how to do diagnostic but never programming and coding .

I do also have INPA ....with NCS and so for programming .

someone told me that I need coding for the headlight .

please can you help ,

Thank you in advance for your understanding

with kind regards

Adel
Ads by Google
Old 03-09-2013, 05:23 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adel-75 View Post
my problem is that I have changed the headlight of my car : E92, 320 D , 04/2010 , VIN : E251000 , the previous one were without led with a double xenon headlight with led.

someone told me that it need coding ! the new headlight ref : 63117273206.

Try HERE as a start; Google BMW Coding Forums too....
Old 03-09-2013, 05:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2000 328i
I don't have any experience with ICOM, but I have done some coding with NCS.
I would recommend downloading and using "NCS Dummy." Google it, it's free.

You can use NCS to read the trace file from the footwell module and load the trace file in NCS dummy. It will show you in plain english which lines are associated with the headlights and you simply click on the "wert" that is appropriate for your headlights. NCS dummy will write the MAN file to your hard drive. Go back into NCS and write the MAN file into the footwell module.

Alternatively, you can use NCS to change your VO number and recode the footwell module with NCS automatically. Getting the right VO number will require help from others that have the same car with the same headlights.

I would suggest asking the knowledgeable folks that bmwcoders.com or bmwcoding.com for more info
Old 03-09-2013, 06:51 AM
Adel-75

thank u for ur answer , what is the VO ?
Old 03-09-2013, 01:17 PM

Mein Auto: 2000 328i
VO is the vehicle order number. It is a string of numbers and letters that are stored in several of the modules throughout the car (It really only needs to be stored in one module but this redundancy is done just in case one of the modules goes bad. The VO won't be lost).
It tells the coding software which options are installed in the car so that is can code each module appropriately. So, if a two very similar cars have different options installed (say one has an automatic transmission and xenon lights and the other has halogen lights and a manual transmission), they will have different VOs and the various modules throughout the car will be coded differently. This makes it very easy and fool proof for BMW to properly code each car as it comes off the assembly line. It also makes it easier for the dealers to code a new module if they have to replace one that's gone bad.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Adel-75

Hello Mr Bean ,

thank u for the explanation , it is very clear

regards

Adel