Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 03-09-2013, 08:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 Msport
Head up display on MY 2014

So I am eagerly awaiting the 2014 X3 that I ordered two weeks ago and trying to find out as much as possible about the updates. The dealership or the web do not seem to have very much information yet about them.

Utilizing the great information on this forum I was looking at the build code numbers (if that is what they are called. I am talking about the 3 letter or number code associated with each package or option) for the head up display on the MY 2014 X3. I noticed that the code is the same as it is for the 6 series head up display. I know the 6 series is getting the new multi color head up display for 2014. Does this mean that the X3 will as well?

I am trying not to get my hopes up that this is the case.....but..... it would be a very wonderful surprise to have that on the car!

Anyone have any info about this?
Ads by Google
Old 03-09-2013, 03:30 PM

Mein Auto: 09 honda civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsavage View Post
So I am eagerly awaiting the 2014 X3 that I ordered two weeks ago and trying to find out as much as possible about the updates. The dealership or the web do not seem to have very much information yet about them.

Utilizing the great information on this forum I was looking at the build code numbers (if that is what they are called. I am talking about the 3 letter or number code associated with each package or option) for the head up display on the MY 2014 X3. I noticed that the code is the same as it is for the 6 series head up display. I know the 6 series is getting the new multi color head up display for 2014. Does this mean that the X3 will as well?

I am trying not to get my hopes up that this is the case.....but..... it would be a very wonderful surprise to have that on the car!

Anyone have any info about this?
Yes It should because of the new navigation. HUD is now included in the tech package too.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:04 PM

Mein Auto: Soon x3 my 2014
I hope your right. I ordered mine a week ago. Do you have a production date yet? I also notice the build code for the nav did t change, I'm still assuming we are getting the pro version. We're you able to get your SA to confirm? Mine wasn't able to.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 Msport
No I was not able to get the dealership to confirm yet. They are still trying to get more information.

Dont have a build date yet either. Hoping to find out soon!
2014 X3 35i. Vermillion Red Metallic, Leather Nevada Mojave, Fineline Wave Wood, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package with Top View, Dynamic Handling Package, Premium Package, Technology Package, Rear Manual Side Window Shades (for my new little baby girl )

Retired 2008 335 xi
Old 03-25-2013, 08:41 AM

Mein Auto: '06 X3
A few weeks ago I had a brand new '13 328 service loaner with the navi and included HUD. I really liked it and would put that on any option list for the next ride. I certainly hope it is available in the X3 line as well!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:37 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
A few weeks ago I had a brand new '13 328 service loaner with the navi and included HUD. I really liked it and would put that on any option list for the next ride. I certainly hope it is available in the X3 line as well!
it does. in 2014 X3 Technology Package
Old 03-25-2013, 12:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
HUD has been available in the X3 since it came out in 2011. They are now updating it with a new multi color HUD for 2014.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:46 AM

Mein Auto: 135i
Has anyone played with this new multi colored HUD? This article says the speed info is displayed permanently. Think it would be kinda annoying if you couldn't disable the HUD.

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/t...p_display.html

Second ED ???
Old 04-02-2013, 06:11 AM

Mein Auto: 11 550i
HUD can be turned on and off. However I don't know why one would turn it off. Speed information when the HUD is on, is always displayed. I have had HUD on my last 3 5er's. Our new 2014 X3 will have it also. HUD is awesome and the new version is even better.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired

Last edited by pharding; 04-02-2013 at 06:18 AM.