Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 02-19-2013, 09:15 PM

Mein Auto: X3 2.8i Alpine White
Actual photo of Anthracite headliner w/ black leather seat & brush aluminum trim?

Helo,

Newbie here. Glad I found this forum.
Had been in several car forums under the same nick 'sugarrush(insert car brand here)'.
Maybe we had crossed path before in the past?

Anyone has actual photo of this color combo for X3's interior: Black leather seat + Black Anthracite headliners + Brush/Silver trim?
Can you kindly post a picture? I did use the 'search' and i found such combo in a 5 series..but it has dark wood trim.

Wife and I are in the process of building a 28i X3 with that interior combo.
We have a 2 yr old and black leather is the only color my boss (the wife) wants. HAH.
I want the X-Line exterior trim styling, but for MY2013 it is avail only in the Sport Activity Package (SAP). GRRRR.....
SO getting that SAP, it will include black Anthracite Headliner ....on black leather upholstery.
I am afraid the interior will be too dark (gloomy?)
What you all think?

Thanks to the forum STICKY, MY2014 X3 allow x-trim as ala carte, so that's one way out. We can wait until April and order MY2014.
Probably with lesser discount because dealer keeps calling us to get the 2013 and offers 2600 OFF MSRP without me even asking.

Last edited by Sugarrushbmw; 02-20-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2013, 01:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
How much is $500 to a $1000 off of invoice? You should be negotiating up from Invoice, not down fom MSRP. 'Course the dealer wants to negotiate in the other direction, down from MSRP. Wherever you end up, you'll probably be better off working up than working down.

Whatever you negotiate, make sure that you know when the dealer has a build slot for your X3. "We should have it in N-M weeks" is not the same as "We have a build slot in Week X that we will assign to your X3, Week X is such-and-such calendar week, and it should be here by Y". Getting a better price may not really really matter if you don't get your X3 until July. (With apologies to our European and Oz brothers and sisters, who might only dream of a July delivery date.)
Old 02-20-2013, 05:57 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i M-Sport
Picked mine up last week with that exact combo in the M-sport version of the 35i. I will try to get some good interior shots for you. Love the combo. Aluminum is very clean looking and doesn't get the fingerprint smudges on it that the wood gloss does. The anthracite headliner keeps it looking uniform and plenty of light with the giant sunroof. Couldn't be happier. I had an X3 loaner for a month while I waited that had fineline wave wood trip and I really didn't like the look of it or the fingerprint and dust that showed all the time. Seems also like the scratches would show quickly on the glossy finish. You won't be disappointed if you order this combo.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 x35i M-Sport
Some people have swapped trim for one reason or another. YMMV
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=669524
Old 02-20-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3 View Post
How much is $500 to a $1000 off of invoice? You should be negotiating up from Invoice, not down fom MSRP. 'Course the dealer wants to negotiate in the other direction, down from MSRP. Wherever you end up, you'll probably be better off working up than working down.

Whatever you negotiate, make sure that you know when the dealer has a build slot for your X3. "We should have it in N-M weeks" is not the same as "We have a build slot in Week X that we will assign to your X3, Week X is such-and-such calendar week, and it should be here by Y". Getting a better price may not really really matter if you don't get your X3 until July. (With apologies to our European and Oz brothers and sisters, who might only dream of a July delivery date.)
Thanks for the tips. I will definitely negotiate from Invoice. I was just trying to see if it is better to wait for MY2014 and still get a good deal when doing factory delivery by putitng order in around April2013. Or, order the MY2013 this month so it will be in the last production month (March), and get an even better deal.

I can wait until end of September 2013 to get the X3 , so no time constraint on that front.

What you think?

Last edited by Sugarrushbmw; 02-20-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyw View Post
Picked mine up last week with that exact combo in the M-sport version of the 35i. I will try to get some good interior shots for you. Love the combo. Aluminum is very clean looking and doesn't get the fingerprint smudges on it that the wood gloss does. The anthracite headliner keeps it looking uniform and plenty of light with the giant sunroof. Couldn't be happier. I had an X3 loaner for a month while I waited that had fineline wave wood trip and I really didn't like the look of it or the fingerprint and dust that showed all the time. Seems also like the scratches would show quickly on the glossy finish. You won't be disappointed if you order this combo.
Kennyw,
Appreciate it. I will watch this thread for the pics .
Old 02-20-2013, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarrushbmw View Post
Thanks for the tips. I will definitely negotiate from Invoice. I was just trying to see if it is better to wait for MY2014 and still get a good deal when doing factory delivery by putitng order in around April2013. Or, order the MY2013 this month so it will be in the last production month (March), and get an even better deal.

I can wait until end of September 2013 to get the X3 , so no time constraint on that front.

What you think?
For me personally, it would have to be a really good deal to buy a '13 this late in the model year, but that's a personal choice, and YMMV. It sounds like you have flexibility. I wish I had a crystal ball to tell you whether there would be much difference in a deal negotiated for a '13, and a deal negotiated in a few months for a '14.

You mentioned factory delivery. If you're referring to doing a Performance Center Delivery, then that may be the gating factor. You may want to see how far out they're booking PCD slots, and when one might be available for you.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:32 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
I have ordered that combination for the interior and am picking up this weekend.

There's a thread over on xbimmers that shows some pretty good photos (exterior is CBM).

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=651274
Old 02-20-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
For me personally, it would have to be a really good deal to buy a '13 this late in the model year, but that's a personal choice, and YMMV. It sounds like you have flexibility. I wish I had a crystal ball to tell you whether there would be much difference in a deal negotiated for a '13, and a deal negotiated in a few months for a '14.

You mentioned factory delivery. If you're referring to doing a Performance Center Delivery, then that may be the gating factor. You may want to see how far out they're booking PCD slots, and when one might be available for you.
Sorry. I use the wrong term. I am not going to do Perf Center Delivery but more to the ordering from factory. And not buying from dealer's inventory.

I did the arithmetic. Using info from other thread, the X3 invoice is 0.93*MSRP. So dealer's first offer is about 650USD above invoice for the MY2013. Do you think should push for more for MY2013?

Thanks.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerovector View Post
I have ordered that combination for the interior and am picking up this weekend.

There's a thread over on xbimmers that shows some pretty good photos (exterior is CBM).

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=651274
zerivector,
Thanks for the link. That one picture (with the sun roof open) is the one i am looking for. It is a bit dark (for my taste)...
Old 02-20-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarrushbmw View Post
Sorry. I use the wrong term. I am not going to do Perf Center Delivery but more to the ordering from factory. And not buying from dealer's inventory.

I did the arithmetic. Using info from other thread, the X3 invoice is 0.93*MSRP. So dealer's first offer is about 650USD above invoice for the MY2013. Do you think should push for more for MY2013?

Thanks.
You should be able to do better than $650 over invoice. I paid $500 over invoice for mine back in 2011 when they first came out and you couldn't even find one on the lot to test drive! Push for more if you decide to go with a 2013.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the Thrill View Post
You should be able to do better than $650 over invoice. I paid $500 over invoice for mine back in 2011 when they first came out and you couldn't even find one on the lot to test drive! Push for more if you decide to go with a 2013.
Thanks for the tip....I will
Old 02-20-2013, 11:43 AM

Only you can decide if the price is right, but a $650 over invoice offer from the dealer isn't too shabby. Try using an online invoice pricing service such as the one offered by Costco to validate what invoice price is for the configuration that you're interested in. If you like, counteroffer with the invoice price, or even $500 below invoice - worst case, they say no.

Whatever you decide, once you and the dealer have agreed on a price, stop looking at threads llike this, or any other threads about pricing. You can drive yourself crazy, LOL!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:53 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 325i manual
I like the anthracite headliner a lot on ours but our combo is with chestnut and sienna wood trim. I do notice though that my wife keeps the sunroof shade frequently open. Are you getting the sunroof?

Have to agree that with kids black leather is wise. The black interior in my 2001 325i still looks reasonable with a 3 and a 5 year old...

I might be wrong about this but looks like MY 2014 does not have the sports package option anymore. So the only way to get sports seats and sports steering wheel (if you want them) would be the m-sport it seems.

In general the pricing structure and the package structure has changed so much for 2014 that your choice between 2013 and 2014 might also depend on what you want and do not want to have in terms of the other options.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_again View Post
I like the anthracite headliner a lot on ours but our combo is with chestnut and sienna wood trim. I do notice though that my wife keeps the sunroof shade frequently open. Are you getting the sunroof?

I might be wrong about this but looks like MY 2014 does not have the sports package option anymore. So the only way to get sports seats and sports steering wheel (if you want them) would be the m-sport it seems.
Yes, will get the sunroof.

I like the sports steering wheel and sport seats but that is not a-must have like the X-trimline on the exterior. She is going to be driving this car most of the days, I maybe got to drive only on Sundays
Old 04-02-2013, 04:59 AM

Mein Auto: 03' 325xi
I agree with above comments. I decided to go MY2013 because I received a great deal on an in stock dealer inventory X3 that happened to meet our exact specs anyway (28i with Alpine White and Chestnut interior, premium, tech and cold weather packages). We ended up getting 1,000.00 off invoice so your dealer definitely has more too work with. I got the feeling if I really needed it they would have gone another $1-200 off further to seal the deal. Remember there's is the dealer invoice we see and the "real" dealer invoice which I have been told can be anywhere up to an extra 6% on the dealer invoice we see. On a $40k car that's almost another 5k to play with so trust me the dealer will still be making money.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:21 AM

Mein Auto: 11 550i
I had the black headliner on my 2008 5er. It is awesome. Not too dark at all with all the glass in the cabin enclosure. I would have gotten it on my current 5er but it was not available at the time. I am getting it on my 2014 LCI 5er which I am picking up doing BMW Euro Delivery.

I would not recommend getting a 2013 X3 at this late in the game. I paid $300 over dealer invoice on my 2014 X3 which will be complete on April 4. The new iDrive and Nav is worth the modest difference. Plus the packages are more cost effective and the standard 40/20/40 rear seats are a plus. The additional value with a year later model year adds to the value whenever you sell the car.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired

Last edited by pharding; 04-02-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the Thrill View Post
I just picked up my 2013 X3 35i, ordered it Feb 18th. I knew my parameters on price when going in for negotiations, and my best scenario was $500 over invoice.

First opening "volley" from the dealer: $500 over invoice. Done.

$650 isn't bad - but honestly, 2013 is going out the window as 2014's are ordering now.

Previously owned:
  • 2004 X3 3.0
  • 1997 328is
Old 04-02-2013, 07:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Whatever you decide, once you and the dealer have agreed on a price, stop looking at threads llike this, or any other threads about pricing. You can drive yourself crazy, LOL!
Totally agree!

Previously owned:
  • 2004 X3 3.0
  • 1997 328is