Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:19 AM

Mein Auto: Audi
2013 E92 ///M3 - my build and pricing

I'm thinking about making the jump from an Audi to a 2013 E92 M3. I don't want to wait a year for the M4 and I want the V8 so this is the build i'm looking to do:

Jet Black
Black Novillo Leather (not extended)
6 speed MT
Carbon Fiber roof
Carbon Leather Trim
Competition Package
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package
Enhanced Premium Sound
BMW Apps
MSRP $72,045

I have two questions:

Do you think there is anything I should add or remove from the build?

The dealer is quoting me a price of $68,300 for the build with a delivery in 6-8weeks. Do you guys think i'm getting a decent deal on the car and is that build/ delivery time seem accurate?

Last edited by dtronics; 03-12-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 50i, M3
looks like a perfect build to me.

the one thing i would consider (i didn't do it and i sort of regret it but whatever) is to opt out of the cold weather package and individually getting the heated seats. the only thing that's added beyond the heated seats in the cold weather package is the ski bag (kinda doesnt matter when you have fold down seats) and the headlight washer. that's the sticking point. i don't like the way they look (like two pimples) and i had the function disabled anyway. would have saved 250 bucks if i just went heated seats only.

but besides that, awesome build. you're going to love it. the price looks good and sounds like it's going to be one of the last e92 M3s ever made. embrace the wait.

2013 E70 X5 50i, Saphirschwarz, Dark Burl Walnut Trim, Multi-contour Seats, Sports Activity Package, Premium Sound, Running Boards

2012 E92 M3, Jerezschwarz, Dinan Lower Control Arm Monoball Kit, Dinan Racing Rear Toe Link, Dinan Front Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension, Dinan 3:62 LSD, Dinan Underdrive Pulley Kit, Dinan High Flow Carbon Intake, BPM stage 1 and DCT tunes, Passport 9500ci, LI Dual
Old 03-09-2013, 08:22 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 M3
Consider ED?
I would definitely get cold weather pkg.
I would want fold down split rear seats.
10 M3 Sedan (sweet)
13 Nissan GT-R Black Edition
14 Porsche Cayenne Platinum Diesel

BMWCCA 4215
Old 03-10-2013, 08:26 AM

are fold down rear seats exclusive to the cold weather package? thought that was just the ski bag. i could be wrong

2013 E70 X5 50i, Saphirschwarz, Dark Burl Walnut Trim, Multi-contour Seats, Sports Activity Package, Premium Sound, Running Boards

2012 E92 M3, Jerezschwarz, Dinan Lower Control Arm Monoball Kit, Dinan Racing Rear Toe Link, Dinan Front Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Dinan Stage 1 Suspension, Dinan 3:62 LSD, Dinan Underdrive Pulley Kit, Dinan High Flow Carbon Intake, BPM stage 1 and DCT tunes, Passport 9500ci, LI Dual
Old 03-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
Quote:
Originally Posted by highyo View Post
are fold down rear seats exclusive to the cold weather package? thought that was just the ski bag. i could be wrong
Hm dunno about '13 but they are standard on my '09 E92.

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
+1 on heated seats

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:41 AM

they are standard, just confirmed.

so the cold weather package is just the lights wash (which wastes fluid and gets it everywhere) + the ugly pimples, and the ski bag (which doesnt really matter when you have fold down seats). and all that costs 250 more. would not do it if i were building a new one.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:11 AM

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 cab
Quote:
they are standard, just confirmed.

so the cold weather package is just the lights wash (which wastes fluid and gets it everywhere) + the ugly pimples, and the ski bag (which doesnt really matter when you have fold down seats). and all that costs 250 more. would not do it if i were building a new one.
+1
Old 03-10-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
looks like a perfect build to me.

the one thing i would consider (i didn't do it and i sort of regret it but whatever) is to opt out of the cold weather package and individually getting the heated seats. the only thing that's added beyond the heated seats in the cold weather package is the ski bag (kinda doesnt matter when you have fold down seats) and the headlight washer. that's the sticking point. i don't like the way they look (like two pimples) and i had the function disabled anyway. would have saved 250 bucks if i just went heated seats only.

but besides that, awesome build. you're going to love it. the price looks good and sounds like it's going to be one of the last e92 M3s ever made. embrace the wait.
Awesome feedback. I'm headed to the dealer this afternoon and I think that I'm going to just order the heated seats based upon your feedback. Thanks man!
Old 03-10-2013, 11:36 AM

have a great time with the entire process. you are getting one of the very last e92 M3s ever to be built. that's amazing. i think production literally is stopping in the next few weeks.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: '13 E92 M3, '01 E46 330Ci
Quote:
have a great time with the entire process. you are getting one of the very last e92 M3s ever to be built. that's amazing. i think production literally is stopping in the next few weeks.
Not quite... end of production is in June for the coupe, but the production run is practically sold out.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:33 PM

I ordered the car today and and I didn't do the cold weather but I did add the heated seats so that was an awesome suggestion. I also added in carbon fiber splitters and I'm doing the real carbon fiber interior not the leather cf. I also added the black grilles.

To be honest, I'm having second thoughts that I should've waited for the M4. I guess I'll know after the actual M4 pics comes out this month.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:45 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 E93 & 2014 F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtronics View Post
I ordered the car today and and I didn't do the cold weather but I did add the heated seats so that was an awesome suggestion. I also added in carbon fiber splitters and I'm doing the real carbon fiber interior not the leather cf. I also added the black grilles.

To be honest, I'm having second thoughts that I should've waited for the M4. I guess I'll know after the actual M4 pics comes out this month.
Get the last V8 Na engine this car will hold up the value pretty well.
2009 E82 ( Sold )
2006 E90 ( Sold )
2001 E46 ( Sold )

My next vehicle would be a Zamboni
Old 03-11-2013, 05:26 AM

Mein Auto: 435i GC pending
Quote:

I believe the M4 will not be released in the states until CY2015. This would give you 2-years with the current M3.

From what has been shown on the various web sites of the concept M4, IMO, it is a great design. However with a new powertrain, I would rather wait until a few production years for BMW to address any issues associated to a new model.

Enjoy the current model as it might be the last one with a NA V8. Yes there will be a lot of excitement around the next generation M3/M4. Assuming you like it, target the LCI model and plan for ED.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:02 AM

you will not regret your decision. it's impossible. give the m4 a few years to marinate. and enjoy the beast

Old 03-11-2013, 11:13 AM

Mein Auto: Mini Cooper S
Quote:
I'm thinking about making the jump from an Audi to an 2013 E92 M3. I don't want to wait a year for the M4 and I want the V8 so this is the build i'm looking to do:

Jet Black
Black Novillo Leather (not extended)
6 speed MT
Carbon Fiber roof
Carbon Leather Trim
Competition Package
Premium Package
Cold Weather Package
Enhanced Premium Sound
BMW Apps
MSRP $72,045

I have two questions:

Do you think there is anything I should add or remove from the build?

The dealer is quoting me a price of $68,300 for the build with a delivery in 6-8weeks. Do you guys think i'm getting a decent deal on the car and is that build/ delivery time seem accurate?
I more or less just did the exact same build with a Feb 25th pickup.

I got brushed alumn and heated seats no cold weather pkg.

You wont be disappointed and if you are (which you wont be) just wait until the M4 and sell the M3 - people will want the e92 for years to come.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Awesome build.

I especially like the "stealth" quality of your car - pure "Q" ship. Your car will exude a quiet sophistication that communicates competency and a self assured athleticism. Closer examination will engender "wows".

BTW I considered a MT and CF roof to be non-negotiable ingredients - long story short - I ended up with neither. Perhaps serendipitous, my car came with DCT, given my M3 was drafted as my DD, and my 20 mile commute to DC can be nasty at times. Most importantly - the DCT is always my friend, and a fun friend, in more "spirited" situations! Likewise, I was never a fan of moon roofs, but I have come to appreciate mine especially on my occasional "spirited" night rides to W VA. My M3 with moon roof open is pure magic on a brilliant starry night in the mountains with the sonorous M3 exhaust note laying down the background beat.

Sometimes you get what you need not what you want.... There really are no "bad" choices when it comes to the M3....

Last edited by Capobranco; 03-11-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:29 PM

I appreciate everyone's feedback, you guys are awesome. I think I was just a little nervous leaving the dealership after building a 70k+ car. I've had a day to chill out and now I'm excited.

I do have a couple additional questions:

Does anyone have the CF splitters? I'm on the fence with keeping them on the build. The dealer is charging me $911 for them. Are the worth it or will they get lost on the front end of a jet black M3?

I think I might switch the splitters for the cf rear deck spoiler which is under $600 so I'd save a few bucks. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks again for all the help.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: '13 E92 M3, '01 E46 330Ci
I too would like to see more black cars with CF rear spoilers... wonder if that would look weird.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:18 PM

Mein Auto: 435i GC pending
Quote:
I appreciate everyone's feedback, you guys are awesome. I think I was just a little nervous leaving the dealership after building a 70k+ car. I've had a day to chill out and now I'm excited.

I do have a couple additional questions:

Does anyone have the CF splitters? I'm on the fence with keeping them on the build. The dealer is charging me $911 for them. Are the worth it or will they get lost on the front end of a jet black M3?

I think I might switch the splitters for the cf rear deck spoiler which is under $600 so I'd save a few bucks. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks again for all the help.
Did you go through Inskip BMW?
Old 03-12-2013, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhman View Post
Did you go through Inskip BMW?
Yeah, it's through Inskip. Have you dealt with them?
Old 03-12-2013, 03:31 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
Either way the CF will be a bit lost on the black car. I have the CF splitters and really think they look great on my space grey. Hard to decide but you know my decision! As I'm sure you are aware, the M3 is already a pretty low riding car and you need to be very careful with the splitters when parking or pulling into a sloped driveway. They are easy to scuff or even crack...
Old 03-12-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Either way the CF will be a bit lost on the black car. I have the CF splitters and really think they look great on my space grey. Hard to decide but you know my decision! As I'm sure you are aware, the M3 is already a pretty low riding car and you need to be very careful with the splitters when parking or pulling into a sloped driveway. They are easy to scuff or even crack...
Do they make the front that much lower? It's tough to tell in pictures and I haven't had a chance to see the cf splitters in person. I didnít seem like they made it any lower but I guess I was wrong. Thanks for the advice. I've had a couple really low cars so I'm familiar with going up hills and slopes at an angle but I didnít realize the e92 M3's were that low.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:44 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
No, it is not a big difference at all. Given the cost of the OEM splitters, I am just that much more paranoid/careful when parking!

Even without the splitters you will scrape some times. You know how to approach at an angle and leave the EDC setting in Normal or Sport to minimize any movement in the front end. There is actually some plastic hanging from the bottom which is really not visible and that will scrape first but you hear it so I am constantly checking, thinking I have scraped my splitters. So far so good...
Old 03-12-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
No, it is not a big difference at all. Given the cost of the OEM splitters, I am just that much more paranoid/careful when parking!

Even without the splitters you will scrape some times. You know how to approach at an angle and leave the EDC setting in Normal or Sport to minimize any movement in the front end. There is actually some plastic hanging from the bottom which is really not visible and that will scrape first but you hear it so I am constantly checking, thinking I have scraped my splitters. So far so good...
Good to know. I think i'm going to take the splitters off the build (If I can) and add the rear CF spolier. Thanks man