Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series

3 Series / 4 Series
The 3 Series / 4 Series Forum. If you would like to see all new posts in all the forums, click here.

Old 08-04-2004, 07:52 PM
Stuck in Monday

Mein Auto: 2009 M3
Problem: Bluetooth and Auxiliary Audio Input

LDV330i and I installed the Bluetooth system in my car last week. Today, I took my car in to get the auxiliary audio input installed (and OEM aluminum pedals), which were supposed to be installed upon delivery of the car.

Well, it took them 5 hours to install the pedals and the aux. input. It was okay because I figured I finally had my car the way I want it (well, mostly ). On the way home, however, I realized that now my BT does not work properly. Everything works except for the fact that it does not output any sound. I dial a number, and the radio cuts out, my phone dials, and the person on the other end can hear me, but I cannot hear them. I can make voice commands, and the car responds, but I can't hear the responses.

So, how would installation of the aux. input affect the sound output for the BT? Is this something I can do a quick fix on, or am I going to have to drive all the way back to Bryan, TX at some point to have them redo this?

Any suggestions?
Old 08-04-2004, 08:11 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 BMW 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLudwig
LDV330i and I installed the Bluetooth system in my car last week. Today, I took my car in to get the auxiliary audio input installed (and OEM aluminum pedals), which were supposed to be installed upon delivery of the car.

Well, it took them 5 hours to install the pedals and the aux. input. It was okay because I figured I finally had my car the way I want it (well, mostly ). On the way home, however, I realized that now my BT does not work properly. Everything works except for the fact that it does not output any sound. I dial a number, and the radio cuts out, my phone dials, and the person on the other end can hear me, but I cannot hear them. I can make voice commands, and the car responds, but I can't hear the responses.

So, how would installation of the aux. input affect the sound output for the BT? Is this something I can do a quick fix on, or am I going to have to drive all the way back to Bryan, TX at some point to have them redo this?

Any suggestions?
They probably accidentally unplugged or disconnected something when they were installing the Auxiliary Input.

Personally I would have them fix it, I wouldn't want to take out the stereo myself if I had options.

Good luck.

2004 BMW 330i, Imola Red, Step, ZHP, NAV, Sirius, Leather, Xenon, PDC, Gruppe M Intake, Dension 300GB MP3, AUX Input, Front/Side Clears w/Silvervision Bulbs, bimmerfreak Black Grill, AC Schnitzer Pedals/E-Brake Handle, Imola Red Shift/E-Brake Boots. Previously: 2001 Audi A6 2.7T, 1998 BMW M3/4 5-Speed Dakar Yellow
My Car Page
Old 08-04-2004, 08:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by demenas
They probably accidentally unplugged or disconnected something when they were installing the Auxiliary Input.

Personally I would have them fix it, I wouldn't want to take out the stereo myself if I had options.

Good luck.

Actually, the stereo on an e46 is extremely easy to remove. YOU just pry off the trim above it, unscrew 2 philips screws and pull it out.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:48 PM
Stuck in Monday

Mein Auto: 2009 M3
As I suspected, and as demenas suggested, it was merely a problem with a connection that was accidentally unplugged. The BT connects to the head unit right next to the aux. input, so that's how it happened. Easy fix, and everything is working fine now.

The hardest part was taking the trim off without scratching or denting it. Had a slight accident, but managed to touch it up, so it's unnoticeable.

I'm happy that I've gotten most of my mods worked out here. Thinking about clear or body colored reflectors, some UUC Sways and a strut bar... Other than that, I'm mostly done for now. The OEM aluminum pedals and dead pedal look fantastic. I'll take some pics later.