Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 03-21-2013, 09:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3
iDrive Multimedia

Loaded some MP3s onto the vehicle and I'm not having a lot of success on playback. Music that works fine on my laptop and mp3 player does not play back at all well on the X3.

Some tunes start to play and then just quit, perhaps a minute or so later the tune starts up again from where it quit. Other times iDrive selects the tune in the list but it never starts. AND sometime an album plays all the way thru as it should.

Yesterday, the iDrive crashed, got a red screen, then got the BMW logo, it eventually came back on line. During this time the mp3s quit and iDrive switched to the radio which played while things reset themselves. This has only happened once but the mp3 dropouts occur regularly.

Notified my dealer about the "red screen", (didn't mention the mp3 issue cause I thought maybe the files are corrupted, did some checking and I don't think they are), I was told that iDrive may, rarely, experience a miscommunication and will reset itself. But if it happens again I should bring the vehicle in to be checked.

ERK

Last edited by erkbiz; 03-21-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Advertisement
Old 03-21-2013, 04:34 PM

Hi! I figured I would add to your post. My X3 is almost 2 weeks old and I've experienced some weird things with iDrive. Well, I hope it's just that. On the 2nd morning, I felt like things I have previously set were reset but didn't think much of it. Haven't had any more issues with that until today. I start the car and all of a sudden, most of the iDrive menu is in German! I remembered there was a language set function so I found that and it listed, German, English UK, and Spanish. It wouldn't let me click English but would on Spanish. I clicked Spanish and then it wouldn't even let me go back to German. Anybody have any clue what this could be? I'm hoping it's not a major electrical issue.
Thanks!
Old 03-22-2013, 11:47 AM

Good luck with that! Kinda makes my situation seem trivial. Have you talked with your dealer?
Old 03-22-2013, 05:57 PM
2011 X3 35i

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Try this link:

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/nav...update_vin.jsp

One of the fixes is a SW update (MX-1.12.0) that improves the speed and stability of music playback from a USB device that is connected to the USB audio interface in the center armrest and contains multiple playlists.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:30 AM

csmcphail....Thanks for the information. Just downloaded the file and will do the update later today. I'll let ya know if it helped.....thanks again!