Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F10 M5 (2012 - Current)

F10 M5 (2012 - Current)
The count down is on. The BMW M5 F10 will be released on April 1st, 2011!

Old 10-13-2015, 09:47 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 M5 MONTE CARLO BLUE
Pyrite brown metallic

I currently have a 2013 m5, six speed manual. I have been looking to get into a lightly used 2014 with competition package and all the major options, except carbon ceramic brakes. I have found one that is spec' out just the way I would want one except it is pyrite brown metallic with full merino silver stone leather. I love everything about the car except I have never seen pyrite brown in person. It is a individual color option, $ 1950.00. I have seen pictures, but sometimes pictures do not give the real story.

I was just wondering if anybody on the forum has seen a f10 m5 in pyrite brown metallic and if so what they thought about it. Thanks.
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2015, 11:33 PM

Mein Auto: Mercedes GLK350
I have seen a pyrite brown metallic F80 in person and and it looks way better than it does in pictures. At certain angles it looks black, but when the sunlight hits it, it actually looks gold. Absolutely, STUNNING color. I've seen a bunch of F10s in Southern California in different colors but never one in pyrite.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supakimchee View Post
I have seen a pyrite brown metallic F80 in person and and it looks way better than it does in pictures. At certain angles it looks black, but when the sunlight hits it, it actually looks gold. Absolutely, STUNNING color. I've seen a bunch of F10s in Southern California in different colors but never one in pyrite.
Thank you. I have seen both the f10 m5 and the f80 m3 in pictures in pyrite brown and they both look very sharp. It has just taken me awhile to get used to the color. I was hoping it had a gold tint to it like you said and not a flat brown look.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:37 PM

Mein Auto: Mercedes GLK350
The metallic gold definitely pops out in sunlight. I'm not sure how it looks at night, but I'm guessing it's more black without sunlight.

It's an impressive color, and pictures unfortunately don't do it any justice.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supakimchee View Post
The metallic gold definitely pops out in sunlight. I'm not sure how it looks at night, but I'm guessing it's more black without sunlight.

It's an impressive color, and pictures unfortunately don't do it any justice.
Thank you very much for your input. I was hoping it was a metallic Bronz look like you are saying, that makes me feel better.

See More Related BMW Stories

Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > F10 M5 (2012 - Current)
Today's Posts Search