Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 6 Series > E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)

E63 / E64 6 Series (2003 - 2013)
The E63/E64 BMW 6 Series builds on BMW's sporty heritage with aggressive lines and an incredible motor to back the design up. Available in coupe and convertible trims with a standard 4.8 liter engine producing 360 horsepower and 360 lb-ft of torque, the 6-series is a popular choice that exceeds expectations.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:59 PM

Mein Auto: 645ci
Exclamation 2008 650i depreciation value by end of year

Looking for a new car this summer and was interested in getting a 2006-07 from the dealer, but from research the 08 has a few newer things than just the awesome trunk light that gives the trunk more character ,but a fresher idrive as well. Im thinking about paying the few more grand and just get an 08. What do you guys think the depreciation value for an 08 would be by the end of this year as an estimate? in my area they are around the 31k-36k range, was hoping to find one just at 30k or possibly high 20k's.
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 650 convertible!!!
There is no difference in the Idrive, it is exactly the same from 2004 until 2009! The difference from 2007 to 2008 is that it has newer lights in the front with LED turn signals. Also, the gear shift lever is updated. People pay lots of money to upgrade the lights to the newer version so it seems to be important to some.

They will depreciate no matter what, so however much you pay it will be less tomorrow. How much nobody knows.

Last edited by tampamark; 03-17-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:22 AM

Mein Auto: 05 645Ci
With the head/fog lights, what exactly is the upgrade? Was looking at comparable pics, seems only cosmetic to me.

The F12 has the hot LED, rarely I see one cruising, but when I do, but instantly recognizable as a 6. Usually the 4 door Grand Coupe, which I'm not a huge fan of. The 4 series looks good, kind of encroaching on the 6, but the 3 series coupes do absolutely nothing for me. The only thing I like about them, is blowing them away at stoplights.

I am starting to like the new 6 more, but still in love with the Bangle design. Dude made some beautiful cars, sad to see him go. I'm going to get a new 6 eventually and will probably have to go with the new model, it just seems like they took some of the cars character out. It happens. Think of the mustang, beautiful car in the 60's, then they ruined it for 30 years, just now starting to bring life back to the car. Have a feeling the Bangle 6 will be a classic. Basically, all it is, is modern luxury muscle car. Beautiful in design. Beast under the hood.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:24 AM

Mein Auto: 05 645Ci
As far as depreciation, wait a couple of months and you should be in the high 20's. Amazing how much these cars depreciate. Other than the service cost, I don't get it, they are quite the machine. Most car manufacturers are still playing catch up.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:02 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 528i + 2007 650 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetMeABeer View Post
With the head/fog lights, what exactly is the upgrade? Was looking at comparable pics, seems only cosmetic to me.

The F12 has the hot LED, rarely I see one cruising, but when I do, but instantly recognizable as a 6. Usually the 4 door Grand Coupe, which I'm not a huge fan of. The 4 series looks good, kind of encroaching on the 6, but the 3 series coupes do absolutely nothing for me. The only thing I like about them, is blowing them away at stoplights.

I am starting to like the new 6 more, but still in love with the Bangle design. Dude made some beautiful cars, sad to see him go. I'm going to get a new 6 eventually and will probably have to go with the new model, it just seems like they took some of the cars character out. It happens. Think of the mustang, beautiful car in the 60's, then they ruined it for 30 years, just now starting to bring life back to the car. Have a feeling the Bangle 6 will be a classic. Basically, all it is, is modern luxury muscle car. Beautiful in design. Beast under the hood.
The main difference is the LED turn signals from and rear. The cost to change them out is about $1,300 in parts plus a fair amount of labor. These are the biggest changes for the "LCI" or "Facelift" comments you will see.

I would worry much more about the mileage than the year. I would take an 07 with 35K miles over an 09 with 75K in a minute.

If you really want the "newest" used one you need to start with the 2010. That is the first year that has the new computer/iDrive system. Other than that 06-09 are extremely similar.

I Love LA. It lets me ride in the winter with the top down.
07' E64/Black....14' F10/M-Sport White
Old 03-18-2013, 11:05 AM
Nothing quite like a 6

Mein Auto: 09' 650i Cabrio
Unless you know the previous owner or it has CPO. Mine 09' has 70,000miles on the dash but still running like Achilles. It will even be better after I work with the spark plugs. However, IMO, get the 08 so you can get the beautiful LCI lights.

BMW CCA ID: 473647

Last edited by reytran; 03-18-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:54 AM

Mein Auto: 645ci
Owning an e46 m3, bimmers last for days! but only with the proper maintenance schedule through out it's life , my m3 has 155,000 and still running strong, miles is somewhat important to me but im ok with an 08 no further than 60,000 miles, that's ok with me. maintenace records are the first thing im looking into before i purchase . responding to that dudes comment up above about the f12, idk man.. i actually don't like the rear lights of the f12, the back of the e63 actually makes it look more exotic and alien like, and the f12 is now turbo, nomore raw power like the NA v8 and the beautiful sounding NA v10 m6 so what if turbo is faster..and more expensive to maintain..

Last edited by $tacks; 03-19-2013 at 12:55 AM.