Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 03-27-2013, 07:22 PM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Push iDrive controller to the right and you will see the USB import/export options.
That worked! Thank you!

Unfortunately I CANNOT update my software via the USB stick. I DL'd the file off of the BMW site, stuck it onto the USB, I even opened it, and put that file on the USB, etc. It keeps saying "no file found". I also deleted all the music.

I had another question, when you're listening to all your music off the iDrive Memory, is there any way to let it play your library on RANDOM???? That would be awesome but for some reason I can't figure it out. Seems ridiculous for BMW to leave such a simple yet effective tool out, especially for those of us who have tons of music.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E70 & F04
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
That worked! Thank you!

Unfortunately I CANNOT update my software via the USB stick. I DL'd the file off of the BMW site, stuck it onto the USB, I even opened it, and put that file on the USB, etc. It keeps saying "no file found". I also deleted all the music.

I had another question, when you're listening to all your music off the iDrive Memory, is there any way to let it play your library on RANDOM???? That would be awesome but for some reason I can't figure it out. Seems ridiculous for BMW to leave such a simple yet effective tool out, especially for those of us who have tons of music.
it did this to me a few times... just plug it in and let it load for a minute. Then try to update.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535i
I was having a hard time as well. What I finally ended up doing was downloading directly from the BMW website to the USB stick, instead of downloading the file to my computer first then transferring to the USB stick. For some reason this worked for me.

2012 535i
Space Gray / Black Dakota / Anthracite
Premium - Premium Sound - Tech - Cameras - Active Cruise
Old 03-28-2013, 04:38 PM
Dark Knight

This is pretty annoying. Downloaded it again, but the file on the Website said it was meant for cars produced between 11/12-2/13. My car was produced in late September 2012.

I put it on the USB stick and now when I try to update in the car, it says "Incompatible File on Drive" or something. I'm assuming it's referencing the fact that the file itself said it was meant for a different production run than my car, but I typed in my Vin digits into the Website.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:41 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
This is pretty annoying. Downloaded it again, but the file on the Website said it was meant for cars produced between 11/12-2/13. My car was produced in late September 2012.

I put it on the USB stick and now when I try to update in the car, it says "Incompatible File on Drive" or something. I'm assuming it's referencing the fact that the file itself said it was meant for a different production run than my car, but I typed in my Vin digits into the Website.
You got it. This is not for your car due to the production date. It's been known the VIN number check on the website doesn't take into account production dates...
Old 04-22-2013, 12:33 AM
Dark Knight

Does anyone know how the ffffffffffffffff you can get the RIGHT production date update applied when you enter your Vin on their Website? Why the hell do they even ask you for a Vin if they don't provide the accurate production-date update?

Tried this again today and got the same issue reported.