Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-20-2013, 12:53 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 335i Sedan
2008 Bmw 335i Sedan 6MT Modifications

Hey Everyone, I'm new to the Forums and i had a few questions on my soon to be 2008 BMW 335i Sedan 6MT, i was hoping i can get some help from you guys.
As in what Engine Modification i should do to the car first, what each modification would require me to buy in order to install it the right way. (Better MPH, More HP-Gain, Torque)
Pretty Much a Step by step process on what i should get and what i should install with each product.
I would love for it to have the nice purr, not to loud but not to silent like a nice imitating sound with every Start up, Rev, & Shift i do.

After I'm done with modifying the Motor, i would like to get started on the Exterior Look, like HellaFlush it, Slam it out, Hood, Front/Rear Bumper, Lip, tires, rims, Front/Rear Lights pretty much anything i can do. lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	30420678563.339772644.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x376.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	367304   Click image for larger version

Name:	30430212589.339772644.IM1.04.565x421_A.565x376.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	367305  
Ads by Google
Old 03-20-2013, 01:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 08 335Xi, 2013 X1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWu_(BMW) View Post
Hey Everyone, I'm new to the Forums and i had a few questions on my soon to be 2008 BMW 335i Sedan 6MT, i was hoping i can get some help from you guys.
As in what Engine Modification i should do to the car first, what each modification would require me to buy in order to install it the right way. (Better MPH, More HP-Gain, Torque)
Pretty Much a Step by step process on what i should get and what i should install with each product.
I would love for it to have the nice purr, not to loud but not to silent like a nice imitating sound with every Start up, Rev, & Shift i do.

After I'm done with modifying the Motor, i would like to get started on the Exterior Look, like HellaFlush it, Slam it out, Hood, Front/Rear Bumper, Lip, tires, rims, Front/Rear Lights pretty much anything i can do. lol
Why not start the other way round.

As for increased MPH and WHP just get a JB4 or a Cob Access port.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekay07 View Post
Why not start the other way round.

As for increased MPH and WHP just get a JB4 or a Cob Access port.
Start the other way as in, work on the Exterior of the car then the the Engine Mod.?

What are the Pros. And Cons. Of the JB4/Cob Access Port?
Is their any Long term Effects that it would do to the car?
Old 03-20-2013, 07:46 AM

Mein Auto: 08 335Xi, 2013 X1
Get better shocks, brakes, Clutch. Then start to think about tuning the engine.

Why don't you search on draw backs of each. I can't tell you other than your looking at needing new plugs every 25k and coil packs, turbo and injectors will all be inflicted with torture above that set by BMW.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:

Why don't you search on draw backs of each. I can't tell you other than your looking at needing new plugs every 25k and coil packs, turbo and injectors will all be inflicted with torture above that set by BMW.
Yeah I get you now, so their would be a lot of replacing parts on certain milage?
Old 03-20-2013, 09:08 AM
Found the Search Button

Mein Auto: '06 E90 325i '07 E92 328i
CDV delete. Costs almost nothing and what a difference it makes!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocabimmer View Post
CDV delete. Costs almost nothing and what a difference it makes!
You think you can direct me to the link?

What is a CDV Delete?
Old 03-20-2013, 09:33 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: E92
First things first, I'd definitely add a tune to the car. The Cobb AccessPORT is one of the best tunes out there for the N54 and is the most popular choice among our customers. It provides the most consistent power gains and is the most user friendly tune out there.

The Cobb AccessPORT ECU Flash simply replaces conservative factory settings with more aggressive calibrations that result in impressive gains in torque and horsepower while still maintaining a high degree of safety for your N54 engine. The tuning is extremely flexible and allows you to choose on the fly one of the performance maps that are loaded onto the AccessPORT. Typical performance gains from the Cobb AccessPORT Stage 1 flash are increases of 30% peak horsepower and an amazing 38% increase in peak torque. This tune is an ECU flash, not a piggy-back tuner, there will be no added devices to your vehicle's ECU.

You will get a whole lot more functionality and accessibility with the COBB AP. You do get free software and map updates for life that be downloaded straight from the COBB AP Manager software. Not to mention that the COBB AP does allow for you to do live data logging, trouble shoot and scan codes, and of course switch maps on the fly as well! He'll be able to run the various maps that are available.

Map requirements:

Stage 1:
Intake – any
Intercooler – any
Downpipe – any
Cat back exhaust - any

Stage 1+:
Intake – any
Intercooler – required
Downpipe – any
Cat back exhaust - any

Stage 2:
Intake – suggested
Intercooler – any
Downpipe – required
Cat back exhaust - suggested

Stage 2+:
Intake – required
Intercooler – required
Downpipe – required
Cat back exhaust - suggested

The requirements above will give you a nice progression list of mods that will allow you to achieve full bolt on "FBO" status. If you're looking to maximize performance, I'd recommend that you look into getting a full cat back exhaust vs an axle back (muffler) replacement. The two most popular choices are the AE Performance Exhaust and Vanguard Performance Exhaust systems for the 335.

AE Performance Exhaust:

Vanguard Performance Exhaust:

In terms of exterior mods such as wheels/tires, body kits, suspension, etc we pretty much have it all covered. Below are some pictures of my customer Mike's E90 335i who pretty much has done every single mod with us. He was also selected as our February 2013 Car of the month. You can read up a bit more about his car and the mods here.

Hours: Mon - Fri 8:00am-6:00pm | Sat 8:00am-5:00pm (PST)
Check out the Blog for daily updates!

Last edited by ModBargains.com; 03-20-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:56 AM

Mein Auto: 335is
If warranty is not going to be an issue consider a jb4 as your first mod. I have PLM dp's and I love the tone of my car with the can flap open, has a slightly beefy tone under normal driving and an aggressive asphalt ripping sound when your getting on it. Throw on a cold air intake and a FMIC and your good to go. That's what's on my car (well FMIC on the way) I am very happy with the performance only thing I had to do so far is replace the plugs every 15k miles, plugs cost me about $90 and 30 mins of my time.

I am also going to upgrade front brakes and install some quality coil overs. Depending how you drive you may consider starting with these items then getting more hp and torque. Lots of opinions and parts out there do your own research if you can DIY you can get a ton of performance for lil money. Good luck and enjoy
Old 03-20-2013, 11:09 AM

Mein Auto: 335is
Oh btw just wanted to mention a few things that made me choose JB4 over Cobb. Let me start by saying Cobb tune is quality stuff and know people who have it on there car with no issues. I went Jb4 because I like to be able to switch maps on the fly from my steering wheel with no additional hardware. I also love the extra features such as being able to open and close the can flap in the exhaust and the gauge hijacking is really killer. Last thing to consider Jb4 will cost you a little less and can be used again when you decide to replace your car the Cobb is vin locked so that is $900 you will never see again. With the JB4 you spend $500 if you sell your car or just don't like it you can sell it for $300 very easy.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:41 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: E92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain49king View Post
Oh btw just wanted to mention a few things that made me choose JB4 over Cobb. Let me start by saying Cobb tune is quality stuff and know people who have it on there car with no issues. I went Jb4 because I like to be able to switch maps on the fly from my steering wheel with no additional hardware. I also love the extra features such as being able to open and close the can flap in the exhaust and the gauge hijacking is really killer. Last thing to consider Jb4 will cost you a little less and can be used again when you decide to replace your car the Cobb is vin locked so that is $900 you will never see again. With the JB4 you spend $500 if you sell your car or just don't like it you can sell it for $300 very easy.
The JB4 does have some features that some prefer and it is a good tune and another options as well. To clarify, the Cobb is only vin locked for the duration in which the tune is installed on the car. It becomes unlocked once you uninstall it from the vehicle and can be installed on another vehicle as well if you do decide to sell it later on.
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:00am-6:00pm | Sat 8:00am-5:00pm (PST)
Check out the Blog for daily updates!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:17 PM
Found the Search Button

Mein Auto: '06 E90 325i '07 E92 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWu_(BMW) View Post
You think you can direct me to the link?

What is a CDV Delete?
Clutch delay valve... More like gutting the valve, not deleting. It'll improve the responsiveness of the clutch. Just do a search for it and you'll find plenty on it.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:28 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 335i Convertible
Quote:
Before doing even that, spend some time upgrading the driver by going to a track day or autocross.

You're not able to drive the car to its limit now, so the best performance increase can be obtained by learning how to drive the car well.

(How do I know that you're not able to drive it to its limit? Because if you had the car at its limit, you wouldn't need to ask what mods you need. You'd already know were the car's shortfalls are.)

Frederic