Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-20-2013, 05:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 06 750li Sport
Buyer help

Hey fellas and ladies,

I have a family member who is considering the purchase of a 2006 325xi and would like to know if you all could give me a little insight to give to her.

Below is the link for the vehicle.

Thanks in advance from a fellow Bmw driver

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...40534883&Log=0
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: 2009 W906
What did you have in mind?

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Took a look at the ad and car fax.

- Seems like it was maintained well. It was a CPO vehicle, twice
- accident seems benign
- hard to believe no oil change from 49k to 85k miles.

Pictures look like a nice unmessed with original car aging well.

I would run the VIN by the dealer to see if it was affected by the battery cable recall. Our '07 E91 had a wierd occasional non-start, which I attribute to this recall.

Nice looking car.

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 328i, 01 325I
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMME30W View Post

Pretty easy to change your own oil, especially out of full mx coverage. I never brought mine in for an oil change, I did it myself.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:01 PM

Mein Auto: 06 750li Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchman View Post
Pretty easy to change your own oil, especially out of full mx coverage. I never brought mine in for an oil change, I did it myself.
That's what I had guessed as well when I saw that there hadn't been any service dates for oil once the second owner got the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMME30W View Post

- Seems like it was maintained well. It was a CPO vehicle, twice
- accident seems benign

Pictures look like a nice unmessed with original car aging well.

I would run the VIN by the dealer to see if it was affected by the battery cable recall. Our '07 E91 had a wierd occasional non-start, which I attribute to this recall.

Nice looking car.
Thank You very much. I will be sure to tell her to get the VIN ran for the recall. Will keep you all updated on any progress that is made.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

One more, 06, if with original battery, is likely to need one at this point, ESP in harsh Pa winters. Might be a bargaining point?

- J.C. Watts Jr.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchman View Post
Yeah, likely, since it would have been out of the four year free maintenance by then.

Good point.

- J.C. Watts Jr.