Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)

F10 / F11 (2011 - Current)
The new chapter in the highly successful story of the BMW 5 Series Sedan (F10) and wagon (F11)

Old 03-21-2013, 03:15 PM

Mein Auto: ?
Useful threads?

Aside from the 2 stickies, what threads would be most useful for someone with no BMW knowledge who is considering buying a 535iX?
Ads by Google
Old 03-21-2013, 11:58 PM
cor door sedan

Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive
A good place to start if you want positive reviews is any thread started by K-A. He was a long-time MB driver who recently switched to the 535 and from what I can tell he's never going back

See, when the Government spends money, it creates jobs; whereas when the money is left in the hands of Taxpayers, God only knows what they do with it. Bake it into pies, probably. Anything to avoid creating jobs. - Dave Barry
Old 03-22-2013, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordoor View Post
A good place to start if you want positive reviews is any thread started by K-A. He was a long-time MB driver who recently switched to the 535 and from what I can tell he's never going back
I'll check out his posts, but what I'm looking for are both the pros and the cons of owning one. I was hoping that some of you might point me at a few threads that best highlight the good and the bad.

Thanks!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:27 PM

Four days and no suggestions. Guess I'm on my own..

Sweet.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 550 m sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Four days and no suggestions. Guess I'm on my own..

Sweet.
Balzac

Your question is pretty open ended. Just start reading a bunch of threads. Thats what i did. Otherwise check out motortrend, etc for comparos.

Nice user name BTW.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:18 AM

Mein Auto: F11 530D
Search for the DOT.
And afterwards read the other threads of all the members in this saga.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:38 AM

Mein Auto: Honda Accord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisto View Post
Search for the DOT.
And afterwards read the other threads of all the members in this saga.
Definitely. Been lurking here over a year and discovered that thread in January and even checked whether I had it
Old 03-27-2013, 10:40 AM
Dark Knight

Mein Auto: '13 BMW 535i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordoor View Post
Haha, absolutely true!

.... Unless of course it's one of these. Always wanted one as a beater.

Ex M-B's: '11/'10/'06 E350's w/ AMG Sport Package, '02 S500 w/ Every Option.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:09 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
If you click on views or replies you can sort and find what topics readers has found most interresting to engage in or read which is not the same as useful but it can be something to start with.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:53 PM

Finally back from an extended "vacation" - thanks for the suggestions. Now, I'm off to do some research.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:03 PM
cor door sedan

Mein Auto: 2013 550i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
Finally back from an extended "vacation" - thanks for the suggestions. Now, I'm off to do some research.
I'm in the same boat as you right now but over in the GL forum on mbworld.org. It's sort of painful, especially since the search tools provided by these forums are absolutely terrible, but searching is probably the best way to find knowledge because nobody remembers thread names or IDs.

The 535ix is a freaking awesome vehicle with flaws. No product is perfect, but the 535ix gets pretty close. For negative information (this is where I always look first so I can rule out products with a broad brush if they have flaws I am unwilling to live with), try searching on these topics (these are only guesses, better search terms may exist):

nav routing
tip in
multi-contour seats
suspension
sport trans
steering wheel buttons

Note that we will want to see pics when you buy one

See, when the Government spends money, it creates jobs; whereas when the money is left in the hands of Taxpayers, God only knows what they do with it. Bake it into pies, probably. Anything to avoid creating jobs. - Dave Barry