Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 03-21-2013, 06:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 Msport
Turn Key Credit for new BMW's

Fellow members with an X3 on order or are about to order. Wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the turn key credit. This is for current BMW owners who are ordering a new BMW and can be combined with the $750 loyalty credit.

With the turn key credit BMW will pay your first months payment, up to $500, if you finance through BMW. I have not really seen this advertised, even when you look at current offers by model on the BMW USA website. My dealership didn't tell me about it either when I was ordering my car. I happened to stumble upon it and my dealership said they would apply it.

For proof here is the link. http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ltyOffers.aspx

2014 X3 35i. Vermillion Red Metallic, Leather Nevada Mojave, Fineline Wave Wood, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package with Top View, Dynamic Handling Package, Premium Package, Technology Package, Rear Manual Side Window Shades (for my new little baby girl )

Retired 2008 335 xi
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2013, 12:28 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328 xDrive
I was told by one dealership that this turn key credit would only apply to MY13 and not orders for MY14. Is that correct?
Old 03-22-2013, 04:43 AM

Mein Auto: 11 550i
The BMW finance rates are not competitive at this time. Even considering the credit PenFed is cheaper.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired
Old 03-22-2013, 04:23 PM

Yes it will apply to 2014 as well. Take a look at the details in the link in the post. That is from a BMW website that says it works with 2013 and 2014.

BMW rates are not the lowest is correct, at 3.19% right now. If I finance through USAA I could get 1.49% but then I lose $1300 in rebates on the car for financing through BMW. The money I save on monthly payments by doing the lower rate is less then the $1300 in rebates. So for me the 3.19% makes more sense. Might not hold true for everyone, depends on how much you are financing and for how long.
2014 X3 35i. Vermillion Red Metallic, Leather Nevada Mojave, Fineline Wave Wood, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package with Top View, Dynamic Handling Package, Premium Package, Technology Package, Rear Manual Side Window Shades (for my new little baby girl )

Retired 2008 335 xi
Old 03-23-2013, 05:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsavage View Post
Yes it will apply to 2014 as well. Take a look at the details in the link in the post. That is from a BMW website that says it works with 2013 and 2014.

BMW rates are not the lowest is correct, at 3.19% right now. If I finance through USAA I could get 1.49% but then I lose $1300 in rebates on the car for financing through BMW. The money I save on monthly payments by doing the lower rate is less then the $1300 in rebates. So for me the 3.19% makes more sense. Might not hold true for everyone, depends on how much you are financing and for how long.
Good point. A quick calculation suggests that a loan of $30k over 5 years at 1.49% would just barely beat a 3.19% rate with a $1300 rebate. For a smaller loan, and/or a shorter loan term, the higher interest rate will probably be the right choice.

I also see that PenFed rates are now at 1.74%.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:59 PM

Has anyone been able to use the turn key credit? My ca told me I qualified for it and could use it because I was a current bmw owner. However, when I picked up my X3 last Friday and was filling out my loan paperwork the business manager said I did not actually qualify because it was only for bmw owners coming off a lease to purchasing or leasing a new bmw. I was upset but was so excited about finally getting the car I continued on wi everything.

Now that a couple days have passed it is starting to upset me they told me I qualified for something and then when I was actually signing the paperwork told I did not.

Has anyone else had luck with being able to use the turn key credit not coming off of a current bmw lease?

Retired 2008 335 xi
Old 04-16-2013, 05:04 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 35i
Your dealer was correct on the turn key credit. You need to dispose of a car in order to get that. However, the $750 loyalty should have been applied. Here's the fine print:

1 Lease/Finance Loyalty Cash of $750 is available on all new model year 2013 and 2014 BMW models. The offer is valid through July 1, 2013 for vehicles purchased, ordered, or leased/financed through BMW Financial Services NA, LLC. Loyalty cash offer is available through authorized BMW Centers to qualified current BMW car/SAV owners and former BMW car/SAV owners who have disposed of their vehicle within the past 12 months. Offer cannot be applied retroactively. Lease/Finance loyalty cash must be applied to the lease/finance purchase and the BMW vehicle must be financed/leased through BMW Financial Services NA, LLC. The offer will be paid directly to the BMW center to offset the customer's closing costs. Lease/Finance Loyalty Cash cannot be applied toward tax, title or destination charges. Consult with your BMW Client Advisor for full program details, and to learn which vehicles and leasing or finance programs qualify. Lease/finance offers are subject to credit approval. Offer subject to change.

2 Turn-Key Lease First Payment Credit of up to $500 is available on all new model year 2012, 2013 and 2014 BMW models (excluding Executive Preference Program (EPP) vehicles). The offer is valid for vehicles leased, purchased or ordered February 1 – July 1, 2013 and leased/financed through BMW Financial Services NA, LLC. Turn-Key Lease First Payment Credit offer is available through authorized BMW Centers to qualified current BMW Financial Services lease and OwnersChoice customers and individuals residing in the same household as a qualifying customer (proof of residency required). New vehicle must be financed, leased or ordered within 30 days of returning the previous vehicle. Turn-Key Lease First Payment Credit must be applied to the first payment on a new lease or retail installment contract and the BMW vehicle must be leased/financed through BMW Financial Services NA, LLC. BMW Financial Services will pay up to $500 of the first monthly payment; customer will be responsible for any amount above $500. Lease/finance offers are subject to credit approval. Offer limited to one credit for each vehicle returned. Offer may be combined with other offers unless otherwise provided in the other offer. Offer is non-transferable except as provided in these terms.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:09 PM

I did trade in my 2008 to them, that I had financed through bmw.

The part that is upsetting is that my ca told me I did qualify. I have an email from him telling me I qualified and he had talked to the business manager to confirm it. But then when I am signing the paperwork they told me I did not qualify.

Retired 2008 335 xi

Last edited by bsavage; 04-16-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:10 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 x3 35i
ooohhhh....then I would complain HARD. That's BS.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:16 PM

Mein Auto: bmw
aw good to know
Old 04-16-2013, 07:32 PM

Mein Auto: 2014 BMW X3 35i M Sport
unreal
Old 04-16-2013, 07:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Oh my. If this works out in your favor, don't forget to have any difference in the sales tax that you paid added to the check that the dealer writes you.