Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X1 E84 (2011 - current)

X1 E84 (2011 - current)
The new to the US BMW X1 will arrive at BMW dealers in the fall of 2012 as a 2013 model year. Get your X1 28i with either sDrive (RWD) or xDrive (AWD) or get the US exclusive I6 N55 powered X1 35i dDrive.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:01 PM

Mein Auto: X1 xdrive28i
X1 water pump failure

Randomly i wake up one morning to go to work and all of a sudden my car wont unlock. The keyless entry did not work either so i had to unlock the car via the manual key and i noticed the car was completely dead, nothing would turn on, not even the hazards. I heard a clicking sound coming from the glove compartment.
I was really confused because i literally picked this car up from the dealer brand new a month ago. I called roadside and had them jump it and brought the car in to the dealer. They ran some tests on the battery and stuff and found nothing so they sent me home. Next day the same problems happens, so i call roadside again and have them jump the car and take it back to the dealer. This time they find that the water pump was cycling on when the car was off and draining the battery. They say it is fixed now but i have not picked up the car yet as i am away on business in a loaner.
Just wanted to post this to inform the community. Also does this sound like a okay diagnostic?

Btw I picked up my first X1 xdriver 28i, Alpine white with x-line package mostly fully loaded but without the lighting package (regretting it now). So far happy with the car. Car now has about 1400 miles on it and i am a little disappointed with the mpg, getting around 18 for mixed highway and city driving with 90% driving in ECOPRO mode. Hope that improves.
Ads by Google
Old 03-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2014 X1 xDrive28i
Did they fix it by replacing the water pump? Maybe that's draining the mpg? You need to post the avg speed for some comparison. If same thing happens 3 times you can lemon the car...
Old 03-22-2013, 11:08 PM

Mein Auto: X1 xdrive28i
yeah they told me they replaced the water pump. I still havent picked up the car but i will see if this fixed the issue. We'll see what happens.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:26 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 328 xdrive
Sorry to hear this. My wife and I are test driving one today. I didn't get xenons on my 328 and wish I had as well. The X if we buy / lease it will be my wife's car. Keep us updated.

2011 328xi. Space Grey, Beige Dakota Leather, Premium pkg., Value pkg., NAV, SAT, Heated SW, Steptronic,
Old 03-23-2013, 10:30 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 Audi Q5 3.2
Don't expect much improvement in MPGs. I get about 19 with 90% City. I have seen as high as 27 with 90% highway. 34MPGs I never expect to see as there are no roads near me where I can cruise uninterupted for 400 miles at 55 MPH.

HaveBulldogWillTravel
English Bulldog Rescue
Recover
Rehab
Rehome
Rewarding
'13 X1 xDrive28i, Min. White, Sand, UP, LP, M-Sport, HK, Heated Seats, Satellite
Cross Bars
Invisihitch

Last edited by HBWT; 03-23-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:58 AM

Mein Auto: X1
I'm getting 22 mpg with 90% city driving after the break in period in my xDrive28i.