Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-23-2013, 06:50 AM
kac135cic kac135cic is offline
Registered User
Location: texas
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: 135cic
Cant find an answer anywhere. Need help.

Hi, I have a 2012 135cic with Msports pkg. It has the same engine as the 335i. In recent months, I have been experiencing rough idling and the engine accelerating a few second after I take my foot of accelerater. My car actually lunges forward at times. I've had people in my car who have felt it. Luckily my foot is on the brake or just about to be when it happens. Of course my dealership says they have had no complaints or updates for this problem. I'm taking it back in next week. I would like to have some possible solutions to confront my adviser with. Ive read alot about HPFP but my car doesnt exactly match the symptoms.

Thanks alot!
Kathleen

Last edited by kac135cic; 03-23-2013 at 06:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 03-23-2013, 07:19 AM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,009
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by kac135cic View Post
Hi, I have a 2012 135cic with Msports pkg. It has the same engine as the 335i. In recent months, I have been experiencing rough idling and the engine accelerating a few second after I take my foot of accelerater. My car actually lunges forward at times. I've had people in my car who have felt it. Luckily my foot is on the brake or just about to be when it happens. Of course my dealership says they have had no complaints or updates for this problem. I'm taking it back in next week. I would like to have some possible solutions to confront my adviser with. Ive read alot about HPFP but my car doesnt exactly match the symptoms.

The persistence of years ago resolved issues.

Msports pkg has no bearing.

Clearly an engine problem....mileage?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-23-2013, 07:20 AM
kac135cic kac135cic is offline
Registered User
Location: texas
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: 135cic
My car has 23k miles.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-23-2013, 07:34 AM
CALWATERBOY's Avatar
CALWATERBOY CALWATERBOY is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: San Francisco
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,009
Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by kac135cic View Post
Hi, I have a 2012 135cic with Msports pkg. It has the same engine as the 335i. In recent months, I have been experiencing rough idling and the engine accelerating a few second after I take my foot of accelerater. My car actually lunges forward at times. I've had people in my car who have felt it. Luckily my foot is on the brake or just about to be when it happens. Of course my dealership says they have had no complaints or updates for this problem. I'm taking it back in next week. I would like to have some possible solutions to confront my adviser with. Ive read alot about HPFP but my car doesnt exactly match the symptoms.

Can you say: "BULL DEFECATE?" At 23k mi, this is a warranty issue they should immediately resolve.

1st things first. Ask them for their readout of all codes. Yup, all. There being many codes that do not show up as a dashboard annunciation, it is SOP to read 'em when an issue like this presents.

How did they troubleshoot?
They DID troubleshoot, didn't they? If not, deep-six the idiots and write a polite yet to-the-point letter/fax/email to BMWNA complaining of dealer refusal to resolve a warranty issue. If car's problem is pressing, find another dealer.

Write a Yelp review. Few things catch the attention of management like a negative Yelp post - lotsa folks looking for info on a dealer look there.

Be a Forum usin' Fool. Post your issue[s] in every BMW forum you can find....start a buzz.

BTW, which dealer is this?

There. Good luck! Latest news: Wheel Squeak Gets Grease

Name:  Divinity.gif
Views: 166
Size:  4.7 KB

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 03-23-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-23-2013, 07:42 AM
kac135cic kac135cic is offline
Registered User
Location: texas
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: 135cic
I agree its bull ***!$. This is sooo typical of my dealership service. I swore I would not buy another BMW due to poor service but....whats better than a bimmer? Hopefully there are some new service updates. I find as a woman, I am especially targeted in the service dept. I had a E46 ZHP that went out of warranty. The things I was told that needed repairs! I may have been born at night...but not last night. Thanks for your reply. San Antonio is my dealership. They are notorious in this area.

Last edited by kac135cic; 03-23-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-23-2013, 07:44 AM
TheyCallMeNun's Avatar
TheyCallMeNun TheyCallMeNun is offline
Fest Wrks
Location: New Jersey
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 501
Mein Auto: 07 335i coupe
It could be your idler pulley and assembly, does the engine sound a little labored as well.
__________________
BMW Owner Since 17
'00 323i
'07 335i coupe
Black Sapphire 6MT
BMS JB+ & DCI
Turbosmart BOV
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-23-2013, 07:45 AM
kac135cic kac135cic is offline
Registered User
Location: texas
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: 135cic
No the engine sounds great. Its just at idle that there is a problem.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-23-2013, 08:07 AM
Verts4Ever's Avatar
Verts4Ever Verts4Ever is offline
Cobb-Powered N55
Location: Phoenix West Valley
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 880
Mein Auto: 2011 E93 335i
Your service department is apparently incompetent, or at least ignorant... Rough idling was relatively common to the N55 at one time. In fact, we had it on our E93 until I got our servicing dealer to update the DME firmware.

Insist that your dealer check your DME firmware under service bulletin SIB 120912 to resolve N55 cold start, rough idling, and acceleration issues. It applies to all N55s in general, not just the 335i. (In a timely coincidence, this issue popped up over on E90Post in the context of the Cobb N55 AccessPort. You can read more about starting with post no. 269 in this thread.)

This may not be your problem, but it can't hurt to try. And if your dealer refuses to do this, you really should take your 135i to another.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-23-2013, 09:14 AM
kac135cic kac135cic is offline
Registered User
Location: texas
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 26
Mein Auto: 135cic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verts4Ever View Post
Your service department is apparently incompetent, or at least ignorant... Rough idling was relatively common to the N55 at one time. In fact, we had it on our E93 until I got our servicing dealer to update the DME firmware.

Insist that your dealer check your DME firmware under service bulletin SIB 120912 to resolve N55 cold start, rough idling, and acceleration issues. It applies to all N55s in general, not just the 335i. (In a timely coincidence, this issue popped up over on E90Post in the context of the Cobb N55 AccessPort. You can read more about starting with post no. 269 in this thread.)

This may not be your problem, but it can't hurt to try. And if your dealer refuses to do this, you really should take your 135i to another.
They are both! Thanks, I'll check out the DME firmware under that bulletin and other posts. The next closest dealership is about 65 miles...but if thats what it takes....

I'm going to have my service adviser drive with me. I'll drive stop and go drive until he acknowledges it....I don't care if he's in my car for hours.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-23-2013, 11:56 AM
bear-avhistory's Avatar
bear-avhistory bear-avhistory is online now
2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
Location: NC - USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,029
Mein Auto: 2014 435M-Sport/MPPK
Give them one more shot & take the 65 mile ride if they will not help you out.
__________________
Kevin

CURRENT:
2014 BMW 435M-Sport 8ZF
2013 BMW 135is 6MT conv JB4/ISO
2009 Ford Expedition 4X4 EL - 2009 V-Star
2003 Nissan Xterra 4X4 - 1998 Ford Ranger 4X4 Splash
FFR Cobra Mk-IV work in progress
PAST:
Very, Very Long List
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Verts4Ever's Avatar
Verts4Ever Verts4Ever is offline
Cobb-Powered N55
Location: Phoenix West Valley
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 880
Mein Auto: 2011 E93 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear-avhistory View Post
Give them one more shot & take the 65 mile ride if they will not help you out.
And if that doesn't work, you need to go to the mattresses...

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms