Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 03-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 750LXi Individual
New Rattle from Driverís Side B-Pillar Area

New, intermittent rattle for the past month coming from somewhere to the left of the driver's seat; not sure if it's the driver's door, driver's side b-pillar (upper or lower portion), driver's side rear door or the driver's seat. Tried holding several panels while driving, but the noise doesn't go away when occurring. Unfortunately, gotten to the point of being a nuisance. Any ideas? And, no, it's not the seat belt or anything stored in the car...

Last edited by dbs600; 03-23-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2013, 08:01 PM

Mein Auto: 11' 750i, 14' Bentley GTC
It seems like your car has new issues every month, have you looked into getting rid of it?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Bimmer App

Old 03-23-2013, 08:43 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 750Lxi
Could be anything. Would recommend trying to isolate if possible (speakers, ac/heat fan, wipers, rpm's, etc). I had a knocking noise when the ac/heat was on and it turned out the heater control valve was stuck and knocking. This was transmitted to my steering wheel as the valve was attached to the firewall.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:55 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 750LXi Individual
Quote:
Originally Posted by f01driver View Post
It seems like your car has new issues every month, have you looked into getting rid of it?
Yes and no; will let you know if/when I do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by singal3 View Post
Could be anything. Would recommend trying to isolate if possible (speakers, ac/heat fan, wipers, rpm's, etc). I had a knocking noise when the ac/heat was on and it turned out the heater control valve was stuck and knocking. This was transmitted to my steering wheel as the valve was attached to the firewall.
Woah!