Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)

7 Series - E38 (1995 - 2001)

Old 03-24-2013, 04:35 PM

Mein Auto: e38
95 e38 electrical problem died wont start

Hey guys im new to this form i hav a 95 e38 the m60 with the chipped key and i hav a verry strange electrical problem i was having issues wit the alternater not chargeing the battery correctly but kept drivig the car so one day i pulled out of a parking spot and the car died witout warning now the asc light wont xome on the brake fluidnlight is on the check egine light and oil tin can is extreamly dim u cant even see them but if u really look close there real dim i replaced al fuses and relays but stil the same also the transmission imulater is not highlighting the gear even tho itnwont crank in reverse and drive it wil only crank in park and nuetral but it wont show me the gear its in but car cranks wont start ive tried everythin i hav a spare dme and put tht one in but it does the same im fustrated at thisbpoint and hav no where to look i also checked those big white panel box fuses but nope any help apreciated please
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2013, 08:15 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1997 e38. schwartzx2
Battery?

Have you checked your battery? 7 series can do really weird things without a good battery. Also, have you checked your alternator? I would start with the basics before changing all fuses. Usually, they just work or they don't.