Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E28 (1982 - 1988)

E28 (1982 - 1988)

Old 03-24-2013, 07:43 PM

Mein Auto: 740
help help help

Here's the deal I have an 528e with manual trans. My buddy had owned it for years
I finally got it from him about a year ago. The battery died on the way home so I pshed it into a bank and went and got a new one. I had my two year old with me and crossed the battery wires. After some smoke I had the car towed to my brother inlaws shop. Nice guys but not bmw guys. Any way they got it running but when I went to pick it up it wouldnt start. They checked it and said the two sensors on the bell housing needed to be changed. That didnt work. I think when the guy was detailing it he sprayed it under the hood and something happened. Now they say the think the tab on the flywheel is broken. I cant believe that is it. I need someone who knows this car and all the bmw tricks to check it out. I have no money and cannot afford to play guessing games with what the problem is. I live in Union County New Jersey. Is anyone close that can take a look? I can pay you but I need someone who knows. I cant afford to pay someone to look at the car for a few hours and guess.
Thanks
Mike
Advertisement