Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-26-2013, 09:59 AM
Tb750 Tb750 is offline
Registered User
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: 750li
F02's on lowering springs, please check in...

As far as I know only h&r has springs for our cars?

Please post pix of any lowered f02's on these springs. Trying to see if they kill the gap.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 03-26-2013, 12:15 PM
haastx10's Avatar
haastx10 haastx10 is offline
RocknDoc
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 171
Mein Auto: 2012 F02 750Lix
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb750 View Post
as far as i know only h&r has springs for our cars?

Please post pix of any lowered f02's on these springs. Trying to see if they kill the gap.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3768.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	368328 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3769.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	368329

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3770.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	368330
__________________
________________________________________
2012 BMW F02 750LiX, Alpine White, M-Sport, Dinan Stage 5, Dinan Exhaust, H&R Sport Springs, Coded, Paddles.
2012 BMW F12 650iC, Mineral White, Dinan Stage 3, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Shockware, Coded.


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-26-2013, 01:01 PM
swb3's Avatar
swb3 swb3 is offline
SWB3
Location: Minnesota
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 272
Mein Auto: 2013 760 LI and some othe
I will be checking tomorrow and post what I learn if different than this
__________________
2013 760 LI 25 Years Edition
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Tb750 Tb750 is offline
Registered User
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: 750li
Quote:
Originally Posted by haastx10 View Post
From what I can recall the X drives sit a lot higher than non? Hence would just the Li go lower? I want to kill the gap

Do you have a before and after?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-26-2013, 11:01 PM
haastx10's Avatar
haastx10 haastx10 is offline
RocknDoc
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 171
Mein Auto: 2012 F02 750Lix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tb750 View Post
From what I can recall the X drives sit a lot higher than non? Hence would just the Li go lower? I want to kill the gap

Do you have a before and after?
The H&R website shows 1.4" drop in front and 1.3" drop in rear for a 760Li... exactly the same as my 750Lix...

Here are some before and after pics shot by my mechanic... not the best but you get the idea. From what I've seen on this site, if you completely want to eliminate the gap you have to lower and upgrade to 22" rims but be careful with the offset as they might rub!


Before
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130220_220013.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	368487

After
Click image for larger version

Name:	PART_1361596883384.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	368486
__________________
________________________________________
2012 BMW F02 750LiX, Alpine White, M-Sport, Dinan Stage 5, Dinan Exhaust, H&R Sport Springs, Coded, Paddles.
2012 BMW F12 650iC, Mineral White, Dinan Stage 3, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Shockware, Coded.


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:31 AM
Tb750 Tb750 is offline
Registered User
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: 750li
Quote:
Originally Posted by haastx10 View Post
The H&R website shows 1.4" drop in front and 1.3" drop in rear for a 760Li... exactly the same as my 750Lix...

Here are some before and after pics shot by my mechanic... not the best but you get the idea. From what I've seen on this site, if you completely want to eliminate the gap you have to lower and upgrade to 22" rims but be careful with the offset as they might rub!


Before
Attachment 368487

After
Attachment 368486
Sweet thank you, looks good! Much better, actually from those pictures I think the HR drop is perfect. I will be doing some custom offset 22s for sure. I want to run 22x11 in the rear with a 6" lip like the old 7 series but looks like not many people have had success
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-27-2013, 01:15 AM
Wolfman64 Wolfman64 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Upper Midwest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 255
Mein Auto: BMW 750li, Mercedes SL600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tb750 View Post
From what I can recall the X drives sit a lot higher than non? Hence would just the Li go lower? I want to kill the gap

Do you have a before and after?
You are right; the X drives are much higher than the rear wheel versions. These aren't good pics, but show the difference on the stock 19" 235 wheels
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	368514   Click image for larger version

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	368515  
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-27-2013, 06:22 PM
swb3's Avatar
swb3 swb3 is offline
SWB3
Location: Minnesota
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 272
Mein Auto: 2013 760 LI and some othe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
You are right; the X drives are much higher than the rear wheel versions. These aren't good pics, but show the difference on the stock 19" 235 wheels
Did you use the H and R drop of 1.3 and 1.4 inches?
__________________
2013 760 LI 25 Years Edition
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Wolfman64 Wolfman64 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Upper Midwest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 255
Mein Auto: BMW 750li, Mercedes SL600
Quote:
Originally Posted by swb3 View Post
Did you use the H and R drop of 1.3 and 1.4 inches?
Yes. Just the standard springs from H&R. As mentioned in other posts, the long version has just the lowering links in the rear (cheap plastic) and the springs in front.

Are you in Mpls? If so, Imola in Golden Valley does a nice job dropping the car...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-28-2013, 04:21 PM
sanhonda22's Avatar
sanhonda22 sanhonda22 is offline
Sleek Sam
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,517
Mein Auto: AC Schnitzer 745Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tb750 View Post
As far as I know only h&r has springs for our cars?

Please post pix of any lowered f02's on these springs. Trying to see if they kill the gap.
H&R Super Sport will kill almost all gap and will still clear a 22"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-28-2013, 04:41 PM
swb3's Avatar
swb3 swb3 is offline
SWB3
Location: Minnesota
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 272
Mein Auto: 2013 760 LI and some othe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
Yes. Just the standard springs from H&R. As mentioned in other posts, the long version has just the lowering links in the rear (cheap plastic) and the springs in front.

Are you in Mpls? If so, Imola in Golden Valley does a nice job dropping the car...
Yes I am and I was just given a card for their business last week, thanks for the recommendation I will check them out.
__________________
2013 760 LI 25 Years Edition
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Tb750 Tb750 is offline
Registered User
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: 750li
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanhonda22 View Post
H&R Super Sport will kill almost all gap and will still clear a 22"
Will those work on the li?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-17-2013, 02:36 PM
sanhonda22's Avatar
sanhonda22 sanhonda22 is offline
Sleek Sam
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,517
Mein Auto: AC Schnitzer 745Li
I need to check the PN, but I think they will.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-18-2013, 12:51 AM
Tb750 Tb750 is offline
Registered User
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: 750li
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanhonda22 View Post
I need to check the PN, but I think they will.
Please let me know brotha, I want to order asap. I think only difference is that the F01 versions have 4 springs, and Li verions have the 2 springs and rear links?

I dont care if I get 4 springs, I can get my local guy to hook me up with links... I just want to make sure the front springs will fit. At the same time I dont want the front to be ghetto low lol. Just enough that it should kill the gap, but not cause driveability issues/ clearing 22s on full cut turns etc...

Your thoughts please
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-18-2013, 02:56 PM
sanhonda22's Avatar
sanhonda22 sanhonda22 is offline
Sleek Sam
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,517
Mein Auto: AC Schnitzer 745Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tb750 View Post
Please let me know brotha, I want to order asap. I think only difference is that the F01 versions have 4 springs, and Li verions have the 2 springs and rear links?

I dont care if I get 4 springs, I can get my local guy to hook me up with links... I just want to make sure the front springs will fit. At the same time I dont want the front to be ghetto low lol. Just enough that it should kill the gap, but not cause driveability issues/ clearing 22s on full cut turns etc...

Your thoughts please

I know with the E65/E66, fronts are the same. I wouldnt see why the fronts wouldnt be the same on F01? Maybe you might want to go to realoem.com to compare the part numbers on F01 i vs li and see if the front has the same springs - struts. If the struts are the same PN, it should be interchangeable.

Here are pics of 1 on H&R super sport with 22"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sleek-motoring_954.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	372024   Click image for larger version

Name:	sleek-motoring_985.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	372025  
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-18-2013, 03:43 PM
Tb750 Tb750 is offline
Registered User
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: 750li
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanhonda22 View Post
I know with the E65/E66, fronts are the same. I wouldnt see why the fronts wouldnt be the same on F01? Maybe you might want to go to realoem.com to compare the part numbers on F01 i vs li and see if the front has the same springs - struts. If the struts are the same PN, it should be interchangeable.

Here are pics of 1 on H&R super sport with 22"
Oh that's sits perfect! I checked real oem and they don't list any part numbers says to contract dealership or something...

You wouldn't happen to have any pics of a lowered f02?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-18-2013, 05:21 PM
swb3's Avatar
swb3 swb3 is offline
SWB3
Location: Minnesota
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 272
Mein Auto: 2013 760 LI and some othe
I went through the dealer and they offered me H & R and HAMANN for my F02. I am taking it in Monday for the install and should have it Tuesday or Wednesday and will post up pics. I went with HAMANN because it is a progressive spring, lowers same as the H & R about 1.4". I have air suspension so they only install the fronts and rear adjusts to same.
__________________
2013 760 LI 25 Years Edition
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-18-2013, 08:08 PM
sanhonda22's Avatar
sanhonda22 sanhonda22 is offline
Sleek Sam
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,517
Mein Auto: AC Schnitzer 745Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tb750 View Post
Oh that's sits perfect! I checked real oem and they don't list any part numbers says to contract dealership or something...

You wouldn't happen to have any pics of a lowered f02?
Sorry, no pics. Out of all that I have done, I only took pics of the one I posted and a SWB B7.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:05 PM
Tb750 Tb750 is offline
Registered User
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: 750li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
You are right; the X drives are much higher than the rear wheel versions. These aren't good pics, but show the difference on the stock 19" 235 wheels
Any better pics?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Wolfman64 Wolfman64 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Upper Midwest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 255
Mein Auto: BMW 750li, Mercedes SL600
F02's on lowering springs, please check in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tb750 View Post
Any better pics?
I will take some over the weekend. We just had another 12" of snow . So tired of cold winter weather in spring...


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-19-2013, 10:15 PM
Tb750 Tb750 is offline
Registered User
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: 750li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
I will take some over the weekend. We just had another 12" of snow . So tired of cold winter weather in spring...


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Thanks!

I hear ya, cept it's pissin rain out here!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Wolfman64 Wolfman64 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Upper Midwest
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 255
Mein Auto: BMW 750li, Mercedes SL600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tb750 View Post
Thanks!

I hear ya, cept it's pissin rain out here!
Here we go. This is an X-drive with 19" stock wheels, a 1.3 & 1.4" drop. The gap between the top of the tire and the wheel arch is about a finger and a half.

It will look more aggressive with larger wheels and lower profile tires obviously, but I wouldn't want to go lower than that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2259.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	372509   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2261.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	372510  
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Tb750 Tb750 is offline
Registered User
Location: Canada
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 92
Mein Auto: 750li
Sweet, thank you! Sits nice, going to order sports springs and believe on the non xdrive will sit lower
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-22-2013, 11:31 AM
rajeek's Avatar
rajeek rajeek is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Super D-Duper Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 6,380
Mein Auto: ///M7
Got a quote for mine to lower with H&R springs. $350 labor and $300 for springs that I bought on my own. $650 out the door if I choose to go with it. That is here in San Diego.
__________________

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-24-2013, 09:15 AM
TXSTYLE's Avatar
TXSTYLE TXSTYLE is offline
The Entertainment Guru
Location: The GYM!
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 9,173
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Mein Auto: 750i (F01)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeek View Post
Got a quote for mine to lower with H&R springs. $350 labor and $300 for springs that I bought on my own. $650 out the door if I choose to go with it. That is here in San Diego.
That is a SUPERB deal! Especially out there in high a$$ Cali! Run do not walk...

~ Big Marcus
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms