Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-26-2013, 12:42 PM

Mein Auto: 300zx
2010 335i M Sport CPO Questions

Hello guys,

I purchased a 2010 335i Black Sapphire CPO M-Sport for my wife last November. The car had 32,000 miles on the odometer when purchased. The car has navi, cold weather package, parking sensor, premium package, sport package and comfort package. It is our first BMW and we absolutely love the car. However, our experience at the dealer when we bought the car was not the best.

I will go ahead and say this before I go into the details of explaining the our experience at the dealer. The car is used and we did not expect the car to be "perfect." I wanted her to have a dependable car that looked great with power to boot. I looked the car over and fell in love with it. ( I wanted the car more than her )

We get down to a final price of 34,500 out the door. This seemed to be around the going price at the time. It was a local lease trade in serviced at the dealer here. This eased my mind knowing these guys sold and serviced the car. So I purchased the car and they had me wait while it was detailed.

The salesman drives my car around to the front where I was waiting and drove the car into the precast parking curb until the front wheels bottomed out. He quickly backed up and got of the car and acted as if nothing happened. It did damage the guard under the car and scraped a good bit of paint off the bottom of the m-sport bumper. I looked it over again and noticed the trunk lid also had a few fairly deep scratches along with car wash swirls all over the car. Some of them I did not notice the first time around. So he arranges for me to bring the car back another day to have the bottom of the bumper touched up and the car detailed again. I was pretty upset considering it was damaged before I could even get the car off of the lot. It would not have bothered me as much if he had not of told me to not worry about something that nobody will ever see .....and I must be obsessive about my cars if curb rash under the car upset me. I pretty much let this go because he offered to correct the issue.

I went to pick the car up and the car was pretty much in the same condition as when I dropped it off. The trunk lid was marginally better. However, I was not happy at all with job they done. He offered for me to bring it back another day and I quickly declined. I decided to take it to a reputable shop here in Charlotte. I take the car to the guy and have the car compounded and detailed. He calls me and asks me if the dealer disclosed the fact that the bumper had been repainted and appeared to possibly been in an accident. The carfax was clean so I was shocked. Sure enough, the bumper had been repainted along with a new rear m-sport valence panel. We checked everything out and the seams in the trunk still looked factory. Maybe the previous owner backed into something?

So, what should I do about this? Notify the dealer? The wife thinks I should just let it go, because she is happy with the car and this does not change her experience with the car I can agree with that to a degree. I guess it just bothers me that the car is a CPO and they did not disclose this to me during the purchase. I'm pretty sure they noticed it during the inspection. I don't think notifying the dealer will accomplish anything given the experience I have had with them. So what do you guys think?
Ads by Google
Old 03-26-2013, 01:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 330i ZHP
Part of the cpo reconditioning could of been repainting the panels. Ask the dealer for the cpo work report.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Bimmefest Plasti-Dip Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to Teemo Panda
Mein Auto: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3
I'm sorry to hear this man, especially this is your first BMW, it is always good to check the car fax but you cannot rely on it all e time, because carfax usually updates the car 6 months to a year later after the car is transferred or have been sold.

Next time it is best to do a visual inspection around the car before buying it, especially that is a 335i, that Is a Boy Racer car man, the dealer would just tell you things you want to hear just to buy the car.

Anyways, Congrats and Have fun with the car
Don't forget to floor the pedal once in awhile to hear and feel that sweet engine roar !
Old 03-27-2013, 09:42 AM

Mein Auto: e36 328i e46 m3
Yah +1 on the carfax being unreliable.

I have a buddy who owns a 3rd party dealership and he purchases fleet/lease vehicles and he tells me it is very common for dealers to respray panels. And unfortunately they will respray surrounding panels to blend it.