Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X5 F15 (2014 - Current)

X5 F15 (2014 - Current)
The all new F15 BMW X5 started production August 2013 as a 2014 model year. The new X5 arrives in sDrive35i (RWD), xDrive35i, xDrive50i and a diesel xDrive 35d.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:53 AM

Mein Auto: 328xi
'14 X5's competitor '14 RRS revealed

In my book, these two are competitors.

The new RRS looks too Evoque-ish to me, but I love some of the interior features and it seems to scream luxury. I'd be interested to see how it rides and if it's truly as sporty as they claim.

http://www.slashgear.com/2014-range-...show-27275422/
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2013, 05:08 PM

Mein Auto: Nothing at the moment
I have a feeling the new RRS is a home run. 900 lbs shaved off? Interior looks great. BMW better bring their big boy pants when they unveil the F15.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:35 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X5 5.0
Looks good, more interesting than the X3 F15, oops, I mean X5 F15...Reliability and resale value still an issue, not that my MY12 X5 is worth that much today...
Old 03-29-2013, 08:33 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
In my book the RRS and X5 have two things to share: the pursuit of on road performance (which historically has favored the X5) and reliability concerns (which historically has favored the RRS in a bad way).

Critique:

-The RRS has some really incredible off-road tech, but its nothing new, and just a mere evolution of what they have been dishing out in years past.

- The weight savings, which is impressive, is nothing really to write home about. As i last heard, this car is riding on a modified-unibody platform now, shared by JagGGGGGGGGGG so its expected to drop weight.

-Kind of a radical design (enter ford explorer comments), but Im guessing this is the next logical step for car designers.

Enough harshness.

-I do love the off road tech as I dont see anything that can be honestly perform on road and off road. The only competition (from afar that is) is the Lexus LX. The LX has reliabiliy, and heritage. But its sadly doesnt match in tech, raw power, and the heck with running boards being so low.

-The attention to making the RRS a classic symbol of luxury, British luxury is outstanding. The interior is well designed, and the materials are flawless. I dont see many cars matching this level of refinement in the interior and also exterior (LEDS and lighting tech).

And sadly this price is going to be up there! So if you ur buying a Cayenne, then I would stop by the local RR dealer. I guarantee you will think twice before buying the cayenne (unless you dont plan on going anything called gravel)

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!