Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > Z Series > E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

E89 Z4 (2009 - current)

Old 03-27-2013, 01:57 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 Z4 28i
2013 28i Z4 Has Drive Off Assist?

Question for all owners of 2013 28i's with manual transmission: does your car have drive off assist? That's the feature that applies the brakes for a couple of seconds when you're on a hill so it doesn't roll back when you start up.

Just took delivery of my 2013 Z4 a few weeks ago. Noticed it didnt have drive off assist which my 2009 Z4 did have. Talked to the dealer who said it should work. They kept the car for a week trying to re-program it with software sent from Germany. Didnt work. Now they are saying that drive-off assist is not available on the 2013 28i. Nonetheless, its listed on the BMW web site as a standard feature, so I'm just wondering what the truth is.

Really appreciate hearing from anyone who has experience with the car!

Last edited by Z4FAN; 03-27-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 03-28-2013, 06:41 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 335is
I can't answer your question because I have the '09 with the same thing you had on your last car, but it seems odd to me that they would remove a feature that they had on previous years. I have seen a few comments on here saying that they did not like the electronic brake feature but I find it to be a nice option since I live in a mountainous area and often take off on steep hills.

BMW 335is, Le Mans blue with Black Dakota leather, Convenience and Premium packages, 19" wheels, 7 speed DCT, heated seats, Nav., Harmon Kardon Logic 7 stereo w/ Satellite radio.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '02 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4FAN View Post
Nonetheless, its listed on the BMW web site as a standard feature, so I'm just wondering what the truth is.

This would fall under the purview of deceptive marketing as well. I am sure your state's Department of Commerce would be very interested in this fact. I recommend you take a screenshot and ask for a written note from your dealer or BMW NA of the fact that your car does not have the advertised feature. Then send a certified copy with a detailed explanation to your state's Dept of Commerce with a copy of that letter to BMW NA. I bet you will have some resolution fast :-)
Old 05-14-2013, 08:19 AM

Thought I would post an update, and hope that someone out there is driving a 2013 manual Z4 28i and can let me know if it has drive off assit.

I've had several conversations with BMW North America. Basically, they just called the dealer and then repeated what the service rep had already said to me: drive off assit is not available on a 2013 Z4 28i. Over a month ago, I sent them the screen shots of their corporate web site where the feature is listed as standard (and is still listed thzt way as of today). They "lost" the screen shots for about two weeks and simply havent replied since then. I know this may sound like a "tempest in a tea pot", but honestly, I've tried to use the electronic emergency brake to start off on a hill and it's difficult if not impossible to do it safely. I'm ready to take eksath's advice and contact the New York State consumer affairs department, but my greater concern is whether the drive off assit is really not available on the car. Appreciate any feedback! Thank you.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 SDrive35i
Test drive a new one.....

I would go to a different dealer and test drive a new car...that should answer your question,
Old 05-29-2013, 06:32 AM

I called a few dealers in my area, but none of them had manual trans in their inventory.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:52 AM

Test Drive

I am taking my 2011 3.5 in for an oil change at the dealership in Cleveland today. I will test drive one if they have it. FWIW, my 2011 has the brake assist.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:56 AM

Thank you!!! I really appreciate it!
Old 06-02-2013, 05:05 PM

No z4's

They didn't have a single Z4 to drive....sorry.