Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)

E60 (2004 - 2010)
BMW 5-Series (E60 chassis) was first seen in the Unites States in the fall of 2003 with a 2004 Model Year designation. The E60 is now available as a 528i, 528xi, 535i, 535xi, 550i and a 535xi sports wagon! -- View the E60 Wiki

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-22-2013, 11:20 AM
champaign777's Avatar
champaign777 champaign777 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Champ
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,049
Mein Auto: 2003 530 Sport Twins
2010 550i M Sport thread Evolution

So it is real now
Title is paid off and i am going to pick up car 2morrow
so pictures are on the way

2010 550i M Sport 35k miles

Options
Type code NW53
Type 550I (USA)
E series E60 (MUE)
Series 5
Type LIM
Steering LL
Doors 4
Engine N62/TU
Displacement 4.80
Power 270
Drive HECK
Transmission AUT
Colour CARBONSCHWARZ METALLIC (416)
Upholstery LEDER DAKOTA/SCHWARZ (LCSW)
Prod.date 2009-07-30

Code
Description (interface)
Description (EPC)
S217A AKTIVLENKUNG Active steering
S229A DYNAMIC DRIVE Dynamic Drive
S248A LENKRADHEIZUNG Steering wheel heater
S2NNA M LM R.DOPPELSP.172 M/MISCHB. BMW alloy wheel, M double spoke 172
S2TBA SPORT-AUTOMATIK GETRIEBE Sport automatic transmission
S2VBA REIFENDRUCKANZEIGE Tire pressure display
S300A NOTRAD Emergency spare wheel
S319A INTEGRIERTE UNIVERSAL-FERNBEDIENUNG Integrated universal remote control
S322A KOMFORTZUGANG Comfort access
P337A M SPORTPAKET M Sports package
S339A SHADOW LINE Shadow-Line
S403A GLASDACH, ELEKTRISCH Glass roof, electrical
S415A SONNENSCHUTZROLLO FUER HECKSCHEIBE Sun-blind, rear
S416A SONNENSCHUTZROLLOS Roller sun vizor, rear lateral
S430A INNEN-/AUSSENSPIEGEL AUT.ABBLENDEND Interior/outside mirror with auto dip
Code
Description (interface)
Description (EPC)
S431A INNENSPIEGEL,AUTOMATISCH ABBLENDEND Interior mirror with automatic-dip
S441A RAUCHERPAKET Smoker package
S456A KOMFORTSITZE ELEKTRISCH VERSTELLBAR Comfort seat with memory
S494A SITZHEIZUNG FUER FAHRER/BEIFAHRER Seat heating driver/passenger
S4BYA EDELHOLZAUSF.BAMBUS MASER ANTHRAZIT Real Bamboo wood-grain trim, anthracite
S502A SCHEINWERFER-WASCHANLAGE Headlight cleaning system
S508A PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC) Park Distance Control (PDC)
S522A XENON-LICHT Xenon Light
S524A ADAPTIVES KURVENLICHT Adaptive Headlights
SS609A NAVIGATIONSSYSTEM PROFESSIONAL Navigation system Professional
S610A HEAD-UP DISPLAY Head-up display
S615A ERWEITERTE BMW ONLINE INFORMATION Expanded BMW Online Information
S620A SPRACHEINGABESYSTEM Voice control
S639A KOMPLETTVORB. HANDY USA/CDN Preparation f mobile phone cpl. USA/CDN
653A HIGH DEFINITION RADIO High Definition Radio
Code
Description (interface)
Description (EPC)
S655A SATELLITENTUNER Satellite tuner
S677A HIFI SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL HiFi System Professional DSP
S697A AREA-CODE 1 Area-Code 1 for DVD
S6AAA BMW TELESERVICES BMW TeleServices
S6ABA STEUERUNG TELESERVICES Control for Teleservices
S6FLA USB-AUDIO-SCHNITTSTELLE USB/Audio interface
S6UHA TRAFFIC INFORMATION Traffic Information
S704A M SPORTFAHRWERK M Sports suspension
S710A M LEDERLENKRAD M leather steering wheel
S715A M AERODYNAMIKPAKET M Aerodynamics package
S775A INDIVIDUAL DACHHIMMEL ANTHRAZIT Headlining anthracite
S8S4A DECODIERUNG VARIABLE LICHTVERTEILUN Decoding variable light distribution
S8SCA LAENDERSPEZ. TELESERVICEFREISCH. Telematics access request,country-spec.
S8SPA COP STEUERUNG Control unit COP
S925A VERSANDSCHUTZPAKET Transport protection package
S302A ALARMANLAGE Alarm system
S442A GETRAENKEHALTER Cup holder
S473A ARMAUFLAGE VORN Armrest front
S534A KLIMAAUTOMATIK Automatic air conditioning
S544A GESCHWINDIGKEITSREGEL. MIT BREMSF. Cruise control with brake function
S563A LICHTPAKET Light package
S645A RADIO-STEUERUNG US BMW US Radio
S823A HEISSLAND-AUSFUEHRUNG Hot-climate version
S845A AKUSTISCHE GURTWARNUNG Acoustic belt warning
S850A ZUSAETZL. TANKFUELLUNG EXPORT Additional Export tank filling
S853A SPRACHVERSION ENGLISCH Language version English
S876A FUNKFREQUENZ 315 MHZ Radio frequency 315 MHz
S992A STEUERUNG KENNZEICHENBEFESTIGUNG Control of number-plate attachment
__________________

Options :

M SPORT PKG[ZMP]
Cost: $4800.00
Details:
Driver Lumbar
Tires - Front Performance
Bucket Seats
Tires - Rear Performance
Passenger Lumbar
Aluminum Wheels

COLD WEATHER PKG[ZCW]
Cost: $750.00
Details:
Heated Passenger Seat
Heated Driver Seat
Heated Driver Seat

NAVIGATION SYSTEM[609]
Cost: $1900.00
Details:
Navigation System
HD Radio

PWR REAR SUNSHADE W/PWR REAR SUNSHADE[416]
Cost: $575.00

HEAD-UP DISPLAY[610]
Cost: $1200.00
Details:
Heads-Up Display

COMFORT ACCESS KEYLESS ENTRY[322]
Cost: $1000.00
Details:
Keyless Start
Engine Immobilizer
Power Door Locks
Keyless Entry

20-WAY PWR FRONT COMFORT BUCKET SEATS[456]
Cost: $1200.00
Details:
Passenger Lumbar
Driver Lumbar
Bucket Seats
Seat Memory
Power Driver Seat
Power Passenger Seat

PREMIUM HI-FI SOUND SYSTEM[677]
Cost: $1200.00
Details:
Premium Sound System

CARBON BLACK METALLIC[416]

IPOD & USB ADAPTER[6FL]
Cost: $400.00
Details:
Auxiliary Audio Input
MP3 Player

SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO[655]
Cost: $595.00
Details:
Satellite Radio

HIGH DEFINITION RADIO[653]
Cost: $350.00
Details:
HD Radio

I hope this thread will help me to get into 550i as fast as possible

First question do i have run flat tires ?
Rear tires are due soon ( 13k miles on them ) should i replace them at dealer
due to warranty or i can use my indy ?
Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
__________________

Last edited by champaign777; 03-23-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
Ads by Google
  #2  
Old 02-22-2013, 11:37 AM
jim165 jim165 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 425
Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 550i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by champaign777 View Post
So it is real now
Title is paid off and i am going to pick up car 2morrow
so pictures are on the way

2010 550i M Sport 35k miles

Options
Type code NW53
Type 550I (USA)
E series E60 (MUE)
Series 5
Type LIM
Steering LL
Doors 4
Engine N62/TU
Displacement 4.80
Power 270
Drive HECK
Transmission AUT
Colour CARBONSCHWARZ METALLIC (416)
Upholstery LEDER DAKOTA/SCHWARZ (LCSW)
Prod.date 2009-07-30

Code
Description (interface)
Description (EPC)
S217A AKTIVLENKUNG Active steering
S229A DYNAMIC DRIVE Dynamic Drive
S248A LENKRADHEIZUNG Steering wheel heater
S2NNA M LM R.DOPPELSP.172 M/MISCHB. BMW alloy wheel, M double spoke 172
S2TBA SPORT-AUTOMATIK GETRIEBE Sport automatic transmission
S2VBA REIFENDRUCKANZEIGE Tire pressure display
S300A NOTRAD Emergency spare wheel
S319A INTEGRIERTE UNIVERSAL-FERNBEDIENUNG Integrated universal remote control
S322A KOMFORTZUGANG Comfort access
P337A M SPORTPAKET M Sports package
S339A SHADOW LINE Shadow-Line
S403A GLASDACH, ELEKTRISCH Glass roof, electrical
S415A SONNENSCHUTZROLLO FUER HECKSCHEIBE Sun-blind, rear
S416A SONNENSCHUTZROLLOS Roller sun vizor, rear lateral
S430A INNEN-/AUSSENSPIEGEL AUT.ABBLENDEND Interior/outside mirror with auto dip
Code
Description (interface)
Description (EPC)
S431A INNENSPIEGEL,AUTOMATISCH ABBLENDEND Interior mirror with automatic-dip
S441A RAUCHERPAKET Smoker package
S456A KOMFORTSITZE ELEKTRISCH VERSTELLBAR Comfort seat with memory
S494A SITZHEIZUNG FUER FAHRER/BEIFAHRER Seat heating driver/passenger
S4BYA EDELHOLZAUSF.BAMBUS MASER ANTHRAZIT Real Bamboo wood-grain trim, anthracite
S502A SCHEINWERFER-WASCHANLAGE Headlight cleaning system
S508A PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC) Park Distance Control (PDC)
S522A XENON-LICHT Xenon Light
S524A ADAPTIVES KURVENLICHT Adaptive Headlights
SS609A NAVIGATIONSSYSTEM PROFESSIONAL Navigation system Professional
S610A HEAD-UP DISPLAY Head-up display
S615A ERWEITERTE BMW ONLINE INFORMATION Expanded BMW Online Information
S620A SPRACHEINGABESYSTEM Voice control
S639A KOMPLETTVORB. HANDY USA/CDN Preparation f mobile phone cpl. USA/CDN
653A HIGH DEFINITION RADIO High Definition Radio
Code
Description (interface)
Description (EPC)
S655A SATELLITENTUNER Satellite tuner
S677A HIFI SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL HiFi System Professional DSP
S697A AREA-CODE 1 Area-Code 1 for DVD
S6AAA BMW TELESERVICES BMW TeleServices
S6ABA STEUERUNG TELESERVICES Control for Teleservices
S6FLA USB-AUDIO-SCHNITTSTELLE USB/Audio interface
S6UHA TRAFFIC INFORMATION Traffic Information
S704A M SPORTFAHRWERK M Sports suspension
S710A M LEDERLENKRAD M leather steering wheel
S715A M AERODYNAMIKPAKET M Aerodynamics package
S775A INDIVIDUAL DACHHIMMEL ANTHRAZIT Headlining anthracite
S8S4A DECODIERUNG VARIABLE LICHTVERTEILUN Decoding variable light distribution
S8SCA LAENDERSPEZ. TELESERVICEFREISCH. Telematics access request,country-spec.
S8SPA COP STEUERUNG Control unit COP
S925A VERSANDSCHUTZPAKET Transport protection package
S302A ALARMANLAGE Alarm system
S442A GETRAENKEHALTER Cup holder
S473A ARMAUFLAGE VORN Armrest front
S534A KLIMAAUTOMATIK Automatic air conditioning
S544A GESCHWINDIGKEITSREGEL. MIT BREMSF. Cruise control with brake function
S563A LICHTPAKET Light package
S645A RADIO-STEUERUNG US BMW US Radio
S823A HEISSLAND-AUSFUEHRUNG Hot-climate version
S845A AKUSTISCHE GURTWARNUNG Acoustic belt warning
S850A ZUSAETZL. TANKFUELLUNG EXPORT Additional Export tank filling
S853A SPRACHVERSION ENGLISCH Language version English
S876A FUNKFREQUENZ 315 MHZ Radio frequency 315 MHz
S992A STEUERUNG KENNZEICHENBEFESTIGUNG Control of number-plate attachment
__________________


I hope this thread will help me to get into 550i as fast as possible

First question do i have flat run tires ?
Rear tires are due soon ( 13k miles on them ) should i replace them at dealer
due to warranty or i can use my indy ?
Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport PS2
Pics of the anthracite headliner when you get the chance, please!
If the car has Michelin Pilots on them, they are not run-flat. Warranty won't cover them so go to indy and replace, unless dealer will throw them in as a condition of sale...
__________________
2008 550i Sport
Space Gray, Black Dakota, Bamboo Anthracite
SAT, Sat, Shades, Cold Wthr, Comf Access, Nav,L7, PDC, LUX V3 AEs, BMW Perf. Grilles, HID fogs, ACS Roof Spoiler, M5 Lip Spoiler, RPI GT Exhaust

Others:
2006 Corvette Conv, Z51,6sp (wife)
2007 Honda CBR1000RR Sold
2005 Triumph Daytona 650 (wife) Sold

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-22-2013, 11:56 AM
champaign777's Avatar
champaign777 champaign777 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Champ
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,049
Mein Auto: 2003 530 Sport Twins
cool bro
thank you i will post pictures for sure
this is good that i can replace tires myself , dont want to be ripped of by dealer but will not it void the warranty ??
__________________

Last edited by champaign777; 02-22-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-22-2013, 01:31 PM
jim165 jim165 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 425
Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 550i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by champaign777 View Post
cool bro
thank you i will post pictures for sure
this is good that i can replace tires myself , dont want to be ripped of by dealer but will not it void the warranty ??
Naw, man....tires, shocks, and such are considered "wear" items...they usually aren't covered by warranty on used cars and have no effect on the warranty if you replace them yourself. There could be a case of void warranty if you put an out-of-spec tire on the car (wrong size, incorrect load rating) and they can link a warranty claim to your tires, but its rare. There are cases of coverage for those wear items on new cars due to defects...
__________________
2008 550i Sport
Space Gray, Black Dakota, Bamboo Anthracite
SAT, Sat, Shades, Cold Wthr, Comf Access, Nav,L7, PDC, LUX V3 AEs, BMW Perf. Grilles, HID fogs, ACS Roof Spoiler, M5 Lip Spoiler, RPI GT Exhaust

Others:
2006 Corvette Conv, Z51,6sp (wife)
2007 Honda CBR1000RR Sold
2005 Triumph Daytona 650 (wife) Sold


Last edited by jim165; 02-22-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-22-2013, 02:20 PM
champaign777's Avatar
champaign777 champaign777 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Champ
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,049
Mein Auto: 2003 530 Sport Twins
ok good
mmm any chance dealer can replace these tires under warranty ?
car is 3.5 years old has 35k miles and last time dealer replaced tires on this car around 22k
__________________

Last edited by champaign777; 03-23-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-28-2013, 08:10 PM
champaign777's Avatar
champaign777 champaign777 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Champ
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,049
Mein Auto: 2003 530 Sport Twins
some pictures













screen makes me crazy , so many options
MPG is good , got 24.5MPG on a way back at 75 MPH which is ~420 miles on a HW tank for V8 !
__________________

Last edited by champaign777; 03-23-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-03-2013, 09:24 AM
champaign777's Avatar
champaign777 champaign777 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Champ
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,049
Mein Auto: 2003 530 Sport Twins
ok after one week of driving this "techno" I think this what i want to ask dealer

battery looks like weak, after night the charge is about 30%
i charged it overnight to 100% and it is OK but i think i should ask for replacement
My car is 3 years old , when you replaced your battery on 550i ?

there is a small acceleration lag when trying to do kick down from a dead stop
basically all 550i i tried have this delay , i will ask for DME/EGS software update
any more ideas ?

windshield wipers need to be replaced
I know i can get online cheap but this should be covered under warranty right ?

i need to update my CIC 2009 NAV map to 2013
working on it ...
__________________
__________________

Last edited by champaign777; 03-03-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Dishoom Dishoom is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 106
Mein Auto: 2008 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by champaign777 View Post
ok after one week of driving this "techno" I think this what i want to ask dealer

battery looks like weak, after night the charge is about 30%
i charged it overnight to 100% and it is OK but i think i should ask for replacement
My car is 3 years old , when you replaced your battery on 550i ?

there is a small acceleration lag when trying to do kick down from a dead stop
basically all 550i i tried have this delay , i will ask for DME/EGS software update
any more ideas ?

windshield wipers need to be replaced
I know i can get online cheap but this should be covered under warranty right ?
__________________
When my car was just around 3yrs old, I had battery issues (high battery drain messages, clock not keeping time, etc). Eventually the dealer replaced it under warranty.

The acceleration lag seems to be common on the E60 in general. There have been several instances when I've brought this up to the dealer, each time they said it was normal or could not duplicate. The DIY adaptive transmission reset seems to temporarily fix it, but will probably reoccur after a few weeks. I guess you learn to live with it, though it can be scary when you need to accelerate hard and fast in order to avoid getting hit (e.g. u-turns, left turns, merging into traffic).

If you are under factory warranty, the dealer will typically only replace them once per year at no charge. Ask the dealer to check your car's service history to see if you qualify at this point. However, I've come to learn that the OE wipers really don't last long before they start to chatter and streak. Out of warranty, I've replaced them with Valeo Ultimate which so far have been great!
__________________


2008 BMW 550i M-sport, 6sp SAT, Jet Black/Black Dakota leather, prem, nav

Mods: matte black grilles, 18% tint, GP Thunder 8000k AE, Nanoshield paint protection film, 15mm TMS spacers
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-03-2013, 11:22 AM
champaign777's Avatar
champaign777 champaign777 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Champ
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,049
Mein Auto: 2003 530 Sport Twins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishoom View Post
When my car was just around 3yrs old, I had battery issues (high battery drain messages, clock not keeping time, etc). Eventually the dealer replaced it under warranty.

The acceleration lag seems to be common on the E60 in general. There have been several instances when I've brought this up to the dealer, each time they said it was normal or could not duplicate. The DIY adaptive transmission reset seems to temporarily fix it, but will probably reoccur after a few weeks. I guess you learn to live with it, though it can be scary when you need to accelerate hard and fast in order to avoid getting hit (e.g. u-turns, left turns, merging into traffic).

If you are under factory warranty, the dealer will typically only replace them once per year at no charge. Ask the dealer to check your car's service history to see if you qualify at this point. However, I've come to learn that the OE wipers really don't last long before they start to chatter and streak. Out of warranty, I've replaced them with Valeo Ultimate which so far have been great!
thank dude , good info

I do have all car records and i see it was a claim for the same issue

CUSTOMER STATES THAT THE VEHICLE HAS AN EXTREME LAG in ACCELERATION

RESET ENGINE AND TRANS ADAPTATION

but nothing about DME / EGS update ...
from another side i checked on BMW site for my VIN and it said no software update available ...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-03-2013, 01:23 PM
jim165 jim165 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 425
Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 550i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by champaign777 View Post
thank dude , good info

I do have all car records and i see it was a claim for the same issue

CUSTOMER STATES THAT THE VEHICLE HAS AN EXTREME LAG in ACCELERATION

RESET ENGINE AND TRANS ADAPTATION

but nothing about DME / EGS update ...
from another side i checked on BMW site for my VIN and it said no software update available ...
Acceleration lag on throttle tip-in is normal for this car. Sprint booster is one way to get around it, but it's an expensive fix. I've adapted to the lag after driving the car for this long.

Still waiting on pics of that anthracite headliner...
__________________
2008 550i Sport
Space Gray, Black Dakota, Bamboo Anthracite
SAT, Sat, Shades, Cold Wthr, Comf Access, Nav,L7, PDC, LUX V3 AEs, BMW Perf. Grilles, HID fogs, ACS Roof Spoiler, M5 Lip Spoiler, RPI GT Exhaust

Others:
2006 Corvette Conv, Z51,6sp (wife)
2007 Honda CBR1000RR Sold
2005 Triumph Daytona 650 (wife) Sold

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-03-2013, 02:38 PM
champaign777's Avatar
champaign777 champaign777 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Champ
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,049
Mein Auto: 2003 530 Sport Twins
looks like i will need this sprint booster

Sprint Booster: http://www.bimmerzone.com/BMW_Perfor...IM-SPRINT.html

headliner is black but with flash it looks kind of gray









i found one online how it looks w/o flash , my looks the same

__________________

Last edited by champaign777; 03-05-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-03-2013, 05:40 PM
jim165 jim165 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Texas
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 425
Mein Auto: 2008 BMW 550i Sport
DAMMIT, Man!!! Oh how I wish I had a couple of the options your car has, a primary one being that damned headliner! It looks aweome. Really wish I had the HUD and the CIC nav, too...guess its time to trade up to the F10

Fantastic car, man...thanks for the pics.
__________________
2008 550i Sport
Space Gray, Black Dakota, Bamboo Anthracite
SAT, Sat, Shades, Cold Wthr, Comf Access, Nav,L7, PDC, LUX V3 AEs, BMW Perf. Grilles, HID fogs, ACS Roof Spoiler, M5 Lip Spoiler, RPI GT Exhaust

Others:
2006 Corvette Conv, Z51,6sp (wife)
2007 Honda CBR1000RR Sold
2005 Triumph Daytona 650 (wife) Sold

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-03-2013, 05:53 PM
champaign777's Avatar
champaign777 champaign777 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Champ
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,049
Mein Auto: 2003 530 Sport Twins
thanks
my rule is never buy first years of any BMW generation dude
it's like a Microsoft , they sale it to you and now you need to test it for them ( aka free tester LOL )
for sure F10 looks nice but wait couple of years when the majority of problems will be fixed / tuned

and ya you forget the main option

__________________

Last edited by champaign777; 03-03-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-05-2013, 07:38 PM
champaign777's Avatar
champaign777 champaign777 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Champ
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,049
Mein Auto: 2003 530 Sport Twins
FTW
i can even watch dvd in this car



is there is a way to watch it directly from the external source like IPAD ??
someone please say yes and how !
__________________

Last edited by champaign777; 03-05-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-06-2013, 04:44 AM
Dishoom Dishoom is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 106
Mein Auto: 2008 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by champaign777 View Post
FTW
i can even watch dvd in this car



is there is a way to watch it directly from the external source like IPAD ??
someone please say yes and how !
Wait! How do you watch DVD's? Did you modify something...or was it just a matter of popping in a DVD into the Nav disc slot? If it's the latter, that's awesome since I've never even thought about giving it a try! Does it work while driving or only when parked?
__________________


2008 BMW 550i M-sport, 6sp SAT, Jet Black/Black Dakota leather, prem, nav

Mods: matte black grilles, 18% tint, GP Thunder 8000k AE, Nanoshield paint protection film, 15mm TMS spacers
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-06-2013, 11:58 AM
champaign777's Avatar
champaign777 champaign777 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Champ
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,049
Mein Auto: 2003 530 Sport Twins
i just inserted DVD into the Nav disc slot and from CD/Multimedia you have option to run DVD disk
Now when i dig more this topic i think all CIC has DVD option ? but it is not DVD in Motion ( basically you can watch DVD when car is in parking )

For DVD in Motion you need to decode it

The good thing about CIC you dont need to keep maps in DVD drive and can use it for your DVD/CD/MP3 disks

keep tuned
__________________

Last edited by champaign777; 03-06-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-09-2013, 12:34 PM
champaign777's Avatar
champaign777 champaign777 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Champ
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,049
Mein Auto: 2003 530 Sport Twins
finally had time to clean her up and make some pictures



http://s709.beta.photobucket.com/use...i/car_pictures

replaced batteries in both key due to low charge warning
still one key is multifunction and dont want to start car on remote , only when inserted into ignition switch ( any help ? )
NAV software needs to be updated , cant upload 2013 map
__________________

Last edited by champaign777; 03-09-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-17-2013, 11:35 PM
ccobra_svt ccobra_svt is offline
Registered User
Location: Chicago,IL
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: Evo X SE
If you don't mind me asking,how much did you pay for it? I am looking for 08-09 55i or 535i
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-18-2013, 10:41 PM
champaign777's Avatar
champaign777 champaign777 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Champ
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,049
Mein Auto: 2003 530 Sport Twins
PM sent
__________________

Last edited by champaign777; 03-29-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-18-2013, 10:57 PM
champaign777's Avatar
champaign777 champaign777 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Champ
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,049
Mein Auto: 2003 530 Sport Twins
car is at dealer now for all kind of "small issues" aka

SUSPENSION / ACTIVE STEERING

Right upper control arm bolt was loose ( found RECALL BMW 550i 06V187000 )
I tightened it and my Indy did alignment / wheels balancing
Due to alignment active steering light is on , need to activate

KEYS :
1. One key has multifunction error but car still can be fired up if key is inserted into switch
2. Another key is OK
3. Both batteries replaced recently

Engine / Lag in acceleration

1. ECU and EGS adaptation value were reset on this car but the issue was not solved
2. I asked for software update if this will help
3. I think car also has 5-10 sec cold start rough idle ( in the end i think all BMW have this crap )

Asked for IDRIVE/NAV firmware update
__________________

Last edited by champaign777; 03-18-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-19-2013, 05:41 PM
BigCo540i's Avatar
BigCo540i BigCo540i is offline
The Usual Suspect
Location: Richmond, VA
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,713
Mein Auto: 98 E39 540i - 09 E90 328i
Congrats on the upgrade my fellow E39'er. I test drove a 1 owner Anthracite 06 550 today and am going to sleep on the decision on whether or not to buy. Test drive was awesome, have you heard of any typical maintenance items such as our crappy E39 cooling system which have to be addressed? From what I have read the 550's are pretty solid.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:55 AM
champaign777's Avatar
champaign777 champaign777 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Champ
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,049
Mein Auto: 2003 530 Sport Twins
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCo540i View Post
Congrats on the upgrade my fellow E39'er. I test drove a 1 owner Anthracite 06 550 today and am going to sleep on the decision on whether or not to buy. Test drive was awesome, have you heard of any typical maintenance items such as our crappy E39 cooling system which have to be addressed? From what I have read the 550's are pretty solid.
tnx dude , try to get LCI model ( 2008+ ) , much better toy and they indeed are very solid cars and their cooling system should last 100k+ miles easy , not like E39
from what i google there are much less complains about 550i LCI than any other model
I dont have any leaks with 35k miles , the only minor issues i see - electronics need to be updated / fixed

I'll try to put my hands on some software to be able to do it myself but this is not 5 min work ...
__________________

Last edited by champaign777; 03-20-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-29-2013, 09:26 PM
champaign777's Avatar
champaign777 champaign777 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Champ
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,049
Mein Auto: 2003 530 Sport Twins
did a lot of staff in last 2 weeks ..

Dealer updated all software and the lag is almost gone ( 70-80% improvement )

removed Charcoal Filter



to be onest i feel no difference , maybe engine sound is a bit loud

with a new iDrive firmware finally was able to update my NAV to 2013

__________________

Last edited by champaign777; 03-29-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 5 Series > E60 (2004 - 2010)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms