Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-29-2013, 12:04 PM

Mein Auto: Pontiac Grand Prix GXP
Thoughts on the 335xi?

Was looking at this one:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...Index=22&Log=0

Anything I should know before buying it? Any reason not to? Wanna make sure I'm not gonna buy something that is gonna **** out on me and cost me a ton to repair.
Ads by Google
Old 03-29-2013, 12:16 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLongAstoria View Post
Was looking at this one:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...Index=22&Log=0

Anything I should know before buying it?
Any reason not to? Wanna make sure I'm not gonna buy something that is gonna **** out on me and cost me a ton to repair.
Yes, there's lots to know. There's not necessarily any compelling reason not to buy a 2007 BMW 335i. Read the wiki and spend some time on the forum reading threads. If you're going to go buy it this afternoon or tomorrow you probably won't have time to get fully up to speed on all the information available to you here on Bimmerfest.

Welcome to the 'fest and good luck. Search is your friend around here.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:18 PM
IntarWeb Stalker

Mein Auto: 2013 335xi M-Sport
Great ride. People love it - it's a BMW, what's not to love. Just be educated on the costs of ownership. You don't have to use BMW dealership to fix your car if you have a reputable BMW indy shop.
Make sure to look at previous ownership maintenance
See if you can get a warranty - a reputable 3rd party warranty is better then none.

These cars are as reliable as other cars...just when they break, they break the bank.

Because I can.
-
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinter View Post
I agree with furby
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla twang View Post
Hahahaha, I like you furb, you like to live dangerously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorCook View Post
I started to google to find a picture to match furby's suggestion to Gia, but it quickly became clear it was an inappropriate search to conduct at work.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Yes, there's lots to know. There's not necessarily any compelling reason not to buy a 2007 BMW 335i. Read the wiki and spend some time on the forum reading threads. If you're going to go buy it this afternoon or tomorrow you probably won't have time to get fully up to speed on all the information available to you here on Bimmerfest.

Welcome to the 'fest and good luck. Search is your friend around here.
Alright thanks, not looking to buy that soon, within a couple weeks or so. Will do some searching.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furby076 View Post
Great ride. People love it - it's a BMW, what's not to love. Just be educated on the costs of ownership. You don't have to use BMW dealership to fix your car if you have a reputable BMW indy shop.
Make sure to look at previous ownership maintenance
See if you can get a warranty - a reputable 3rd party warranty is better then none.

These cars are as reliable as other cars...just when they break, they break the bank.
Gotchya, I'm willing to pay the maintenance, but I just wanted to make sure there were no major defects I should be worrried about. I was looking at an E46 M3 before, but the only one I could find at a decent mileage close by had an SMG trans and I heard some horror stories about those after doing a little google searching.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:28 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

The CarFax timeline on that car looks a little odd. Might or might not mean anything. It looks like it's been for sale for almost a year. First at a Lincoln/Mercury dealer last April, then sold at auction for a second time to the dealer group that has it now and been at a couple of their dealerships. A little odd, too, that is was imported in September 2007 yet not sold until a year later in September 2008. It's not an oddly equipped car or anything. A little unusual that it took a year to sell it.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!

Last edited by tturedraider; 03-29-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
The CarFax timeline on that car looks a little odd. Might or might not mean anything. It looks like it's been for sale for almost a year. First at a Lincoln/Mercury dealer last April, then sold at auction for a second time to the dealer group that has it now and been at a couple of their dealerships. A little odd, too, that is was imported in September 2007 yet not sold until a year later in September 2008. It's not an oddly equipped car or anything. A little unusual that it took a year to sell it.
I will be sure to have a third party mechanic look at it before buying

Also I wonder if the HPFP issue has been fixed on it. Are those all covered on warranty?

Last edited by SoLongAstoria; 03-29-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLongAstoria View Post
I will be sure to have a third party mechanic look at it before buying

Also I wonder if the HPFP issue has been fixed on it. Are those all covered on warranty?
BMW extended the warranty on the HPFP to 10 year/120,000 miles. There was also a recall campaign to replace the HPFP and make software changes to its operation. You should confirm with a BMW dealer that the recall was performed.

If you want to consider an extended service contract you may be able to find one at a fairly reasonable price. I got a five year/72k mile (from inception) virtually bumper-to-bumper service contract for $2,400 when I bought my car. So far in 3 1/2 years and about 33k miles I've used it twice for a total payout of about $600. It is from Tier One Warranty in Houston, TX. www.tieronewarranty.com. They don't sell directly, but through brokers. I've been satisfied with their service.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:22 AM
Not a Bimmer driver anymo

Mein Auto: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth
According to my detailed spreadsheet, my 2008 335xi total cost of service + maintenance (including tires during the warranty period and work since it expired) has come to between $0.04 and $0.05 per mile.

If you live in a warm climate pay close attention to the air conditioner (in addition to all the things that are more frequently known about like the HPFP and fuel injectors). My car has had a compressor and THREE evaporator cores, and is still not as cold as my wife's Infiniti.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Jersey Born 'nd Raised

Mein Auto: 2011 328i X-Drive
One of the pictures the dealer gives has the warning symbol in it. Find out what's wrong with it.

**I'm an idiot.. It was running on battery power.

2011 328xi Sedan --- Titanium Silver (Ext.) Black (Int.) --- Fully Loaded

Last edited by MAGjersey; 03-30-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:05 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335i Sedan
Price looks very good to me.