Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 03-30-2013, 10:31 PM
Flying monkey herder

Mein Auto: Daihatsu Terrios
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothappy335d View Post
They already made me to pay for repaires!
was it the same part that was replaced under recall that failed again?
Past: 2010 335xi ZMP/ZCW/ZPP/PPK/PE
Present: 2013 335i 6MT ZMM/ZDH/ZTP/3AG/494/508
Current Homeland Threat Level:
Old 03-31-2013, 04:36 AM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
I told them they are gonna pay this thru my negative publicity! I am gonna post this issue on every weblog and let people know! 335d is going to have emission problems because of problem with design.
This is the wrong forum for your year/model car.

Please stop posting here.

Go here:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 03-31-2013, 06:54 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '14 435i & '03 S2000
Quote:
They already made me to pay for repaires!
How could they make you pay for the repairs? Is there absolutely nobody else in your area that can work on BMW's? A shop that specializes in BMW's will likely have some good knowledge regarding their diesels. The last people that pay to work on my car are the ones that repaired it once and want to charge me to repair it again.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:07 AM

Mein Auto: 335D, 435i (Ordered)
Quote:
I tried dealer and corporate! This must be a part of maintenance, because they said the metering exhaust valve was clogged up! So if they would have inspected and cleaned it at certain intervals, I never would have that problem!
Not part of maintenance. I suspect this whole story of yours is bullsh!t.

Sent from my MB525 using Bimmer App
Old 03-31-2013, 07:49 PM

Mein Auto: 335d
Go kiss ur bosses ass u dealer's pet!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:00 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 ML350 & 2013 328ix
Hmmmm.... Decaf?
Old 03-31-2013, 08:01 PM

I toke my BMW there because, I thoughts warranty would cover it, if I knew they are gonna charge me, I never would have taken it there!
Old 03-31-2013, 08:01 PM

Took
Old 04-01-2013, 07:04 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 325iT - Sienna Rot
I thought the internet made it painfully obvious that consumers have to question or at least "trust but verify" nearly everything these days. Sounds like you're dealer didn't look out for you, you didn't cover your own butt and now you're pretty steamed about it (as I would be). However, I would be steamed at myself for dropping my guard as much as at the dealer for trying to take me for a ride.

That said, while your complaint may very well be valid, your manner of addressing it is not winning you any friends here on the forums. If you approached the stealership the same way, I can easily see how they automatically assumed you were gonna play hardball and then decided they didn't want to do you any favors. Remember, you want to attract bees with honey not vinegar.

Based on your responses to similar feedback, I predict you will not win many followers here on the 'fest. If you plan on doing the same to all similar responses, save your fingers and head over to consumer reports were all the impassionate drivers shop for their next new household appliance/vehicle. BTW - I'm sure Consumer Reports can point you in the direction of a toyota/lexus dealer nearby. Have fun!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:17 AM

It is a design defect! They changed this valve less than 10 months ago as the part of recall, but it has failed again after 10k mi.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:20 AM

I am not here to win followers! I m here to expose BMW major designs flaw and make awareness of what would happen down the road!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:20 AM
Flying monkey herder

Quote:
I toke my BMW there because, I thoughts warranty would cover it, if I knew they are gonna charge me, I never would have taken it there!
so let me get this straight:
you have a maintenance extension, not an extended warranty

your warranty expired 25K miles ago.

you assumed that extended maintenance and extended warranty were the same thing.

you had an emissions related recall about two years ago, and now some emissions related part has failed. you havent stated if its the same part. not knowing what part it is, we cant tell you if it should be covered under the federal emissions warranty or the 2 year parts warranty.

you brought it to the dealer and approved for them to do the work without asking if it would be covered under warranty, because you assumed you had an extended warranty. then you found out that you actually dont have an extended warranty so it wouldnt be covered.

you called bmw to complain and threatened to make them pay for it by posting all over the internet.

as the other posters have said, you attract more flies with honey than vinegar. most of the time bmw will goodwill at least part of the repairs on a known failure item. but the minute you start throwing threats around, they have 0 incentive to work with you, because, to put it plainly, you are telling them you do not intend to work with them.

Last edited by Orient330iNYC; 04-01-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:43 AM

It is part of recall!!!!!!!!?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Liked when BMW was in F1

Mein Auto: 2013 AH3 Lux Line
Adding many "!" doesn't automatically help drive your point accross...

When was the part replaced under the recall (I get it was 10k miles ago) but what was the date? What was the part number?
Are you sure this time the same part was replaced.

The internet can be a powerfull place, but you still have to make it work for you. If your plan is to make the dealership and BMW be sorry with this kind of posts, you might not be hitting the mark. All I am reading here is a very upset poster who is confused between maintenance and warranty, who had to pay for an expensive repair, and that is not happy about it. But you have not changed my personal impression about BMW or dealerships in general.

You might have gotten a better response from the dealership and BMW with a calmer/factual/documented approach. You might get a better response in the forums with a calmer/factual/documented.

Current car: BMW AH3 2013 - Black Sapphire-Saddle brown-ZLL-ZPP-ZTP-ZDA-HK
also 2012 Odyssey.

Past cars: Civic, Mazda6, Accord coupe, Accord Sedan.
BMW CCA Member
Old 04-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
I am not here to win followers. Working. I m here to expose BMW major designs flaw and make awareness of what would happen down the road! Not so much.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 04-01-2013 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:31 AM

May 2012!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Quote:
May 2012!
And you still haven't answered whether the part that failed is the exact same part that was replaced under the recall.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 04-01-2013, 09:36 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 ML350 & 2013 328ix
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegandalf View Post
adding many "!" doesn't automatically help drive your point accross...

When was the part replaced under the recall (i get it was 10k miles ago) but what was the date? What was the part number?

The internet can be a powerfull place, but you still have to make it work for you. If your plan is to make the dealership and bmw be sorry with this kind of posts, you might not be hitting the mark. All i am reading here is a very upset poster who is confused between maintenance and warranty, who had to pay for an expensive repair, and that is not happy about it. But you have not changed my personal impression about bmw or dealerships in general.

You might have gotten a better response from the dealership and bmw with a calmer/factual/documented approach. You might get a better response in the forums with a calmer/factual/documented.
+1
Old 04-01-2013, 09:46 AM

If I change the mind of I one consumer to think twice about choosing their new car! I have done my job. With all the 12 posts not here but on dealer's web site and youtube and all the others! I'll guarantee lots of consumer's think twice! Here, I preach to choir! So, keep doubting until it happens to u! U r already suckered in!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:29 AM
Freedom isn't free!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegandalf View Post
Adding many "!" doesn't automatically help drive your point accross...

What was the part number?

The internet can be a powerfull place, but you still have to make it work for you. If your plan is to make the dealership and BMW be sorry with this kind of posts, you might not be hitting the mark. All I am reading here is a very upset poster who is confused between maintenance and warranty, who had to pay for an expensive repair, and that is not happy about it. But you have not changed my personal impression about BMW or dealerships in general.

You might have gotten a better response from the dealership and BMW with a calmer/factual/documented approach. You might get a better response in the forums with a calmer/factual/documented.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
And you still haven't answered whether the part that failed is the exact same part that was replaced under the recall.
You continue not to answer the single most basic question relevant to your rant. Until you post facts in a reasoned way and not a bunch of emotional, hysteria this thread is WORTHLESS. And, having said that I will waste no more key strokes on it.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 328i Sport Line MT
Quote:
If I change the mind of I one consumer to think twice about choosing their new car! I have done my job. With all the 12 posts not here but on dealer's web site and youtube and all the others! I'll guarantee lots of consumer's think twice! Here, I preach to choir! So, keep doubting until it happens to u! U r already suckered in!
Your pissy attitude will turn off more than it will educate. You are to blame not BMW. Frankly your posts come off as childish and immature to me. The proper way to deal with this is in an adult fashion with respectful dialog. I'm surprised the moderators here have not yet banned you for your conduct.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Flying monkey herder

Quote:
at this point the only conclusion anyone will take away from your !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) you were clueless when it came to what you bought (the extended maintenance vs warranty)
2) you brought your car in assuming you had a warranty (that expired 25K miles ago) and ok'ed repairs without asking first to see if it would be covered
3) you were unpleasantly surprised that you had to pay for the repairs you authorized ( a very simple "please contact me before performing any work that is not covered" would have gone quite a distance in getting this resolved)

4) since you wont post whether or not the part that was replaced under recall is the same part that failed, any casual reader can assume that you feel that ANY emissions system part that fails should be covered, regardless of time or mileage because you feel it should!!!!!!!!!!!!

5) you threatened bmw to make them pay, and now you're posting in the wrong forum to make good on your threat!!!!!!!!!

sound about right!!!!!!!!?
Old 04-01-2013, 10:47 AM
I probably dislike you...

Mein Auto: 2013 328i Sport
Quote:
Troll. Thread lock please.
2002 325xi (Retired, very much missed)
Old 04-01-2013, 11:42 AM

The part they told me is the metering exhaust valve, part of exhaust fluid that burns all the bad emission from engine inside the exhaust! Check engine soon came on!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:47 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 535d
Was this part replaced under the last recall, and within the past two years?

Current
2014 535d, M Sport, Space Gray/Mocha Nappa
Prior
2007 530i, White/Black, 6MT
2001 530i, Orient Blue/Beige, 5MT
1994 325is, White/Black 5MT
1984 325e, White/Black 5MT
1983 318i, Delphin/Beige 4MT