Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > General BMW

General BMW
Use this forum to talk about general BMW news/stories and to chat with fellow enthusiasts about the direction that BMW is going in for their cars and/or motorcycles!

Old 04-01-2013, 04:05 PM
Pedant and Curmudgeon

Mein Auto: 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by nothappy335d View Post
It's the same part! They did not replaced! They cleaned it!
One place you said "valve", another you said "mixer". The Metering Valve is not the same as the Mixer. I believe - from reading this whole b^&*-f#$% of a thread that your Metering Valve failed (but you keep confusing us, and you haven't posted the part #, so none of us are sure.) If it did fail 10 months after being replaced as part of the three-piece emissions recall, you (and the dealership should have done it anyway) should have asked for a parts warranty repair, as it should not have failed again.

All your ranting is getting you no-where. Please stop.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:40 PM

Orient! Or who ever heck ur! Two yrs ago! My active tank failed at 35k! Cost $3k but they covered it! Then the recall came along and I took it in! Now meter valve clogged up! How many more problem should I have so ur brain starts crawling, that BMW 335d that u making love to it so much has lots of issues! If u doubt my problem, go open a forum and brag about ur pride and joy! Stop putting people down by pretending you r expert! If u can't dazzle w ur intelligence u sure baffle everyone w ur BS!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:45 PM

Danmeyers99! I had a very good relationship my dealer! Even my service advisor was telling me cleaning meter valve should be a part of Schedule maintenance so down the road owners should not have this problem! So u better keep eye on this, hopefully urs shouldn't have this problem! But it's a sure way to make some serious bucks for BMW and dealers!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:00 PM

The paper work states" fault stored for SCR metering valve plausibility. SIB 11 02 10 recommends to remove valve and clean inlet and outlet.
So u tell me why this cleaning shouldn't be a part of maintenance or emission recall issue!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2001 325iT - Sienna Rot
I'm out - this is like trying reason with a two year old. The story flip-flopping fits the two year old anecdote quite well too.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:58 AM
Liked when BMW was in F1

Mein Auto: 2013 AH3 Lux Line
Quote:
Orient! Or who ever heck ur! Two yrs ago! My active tank failed at 35k! Cost $3k but they covered it! Then the recall came along and I took it in! Now meter valve clogged up! How many more problem should I have so ur brain starts crawling, that BMW 335d that u making love to it so much has lots of issues! If u doubt my problem, go open a forum and brag about ur pride and joy! Stop putting people down by pretending you r expert! If u can't dazzle w ur intelligence u sure baffle everyone w ur BS!
Quote:
Danmeyers99! I had a very good relationship my dealer! Even my service advisor was telling me cleaning meter valve should be a part of Schedule maintenance so down the road owners should not have this problem! So u better keep eye on this, hopefully urs shouldn't have this problem! But it's a sure way to make some serious bucks for BMW and dealers!
You, sir are clueless, and so not worth the time.

Current car: BMW AH3 2013 - Black Sapphire-Saddle brown-ZLL-ZPP-ZTP-ZDA-HK
also 2012 Odyssey.

Past cars: Civic, Mazda6, Accord coupe, Accord Sedan.
BMW CCA Member
Old 04-04-2013, 05:55 AM

I filled out a Customer satisfaction with my recent visit to classic BMW for my check engine soon light! I gave the dealer a pice of my mind, and asked them a representative from BMWNA contact me!
I revived an email and they are gonna open another case for discussion about my situation and asked for more documentations. I hope they start listening to their loyal customers, and start blaming themselves for emission problems that we are having. There is nothing I have done to make the"check engine soon light" to come on!
All my scheduled maintenance are up to date, no excessive driving. All the 75k in the past 3 years that I own my 335d are highway miles! So let's see how genuine and sincere are they about taking care of Their customers! Lets see if they can make me to buy another BMW from their show rooms! I will post u the updates!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:03 AM

Once again! BMWNA called and left a message! They are not gonna pay for emission problems that my 335d start having!
Do you know why? Because every damn car they have built is turning into gold mine for them! As soon as warranty goes out! You, the consumer gonna start coughing big bucks! Because the BMW Diesel engine series are full of flaws and each check engine soon light when comes on! It's $3000 in their pocket! Gold mine baby!
Old 04-05-2013, 11:45 AM

When was lat time your "check engine soon" light came on! On ur BMW, post a comment, mine came on at 75k! All highway miles! Warranty did not cover it!