Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 03-30-2013, 05:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i
LED installation, small headlight compartment

has anyone ever had a hard time installing after market LEDs?? the compartment space is super small I have tried twice installing mine but have not had luck and barely had luck putting factory ones back in, I ordered mine from burgertuning, after getting scrapes on my hands for the second time this week I'm getting fed up, lol
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2013, 05:29 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 328i
Which one you trying to change parking? Low beams? But the best you can go through the wheel well it's on my a few screws very easy to take off
Old 03-30-2013, 05:53 PM
Omnia moderata ratione

Mein Auto: Certified Garage Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by loso81 View Post
has anyone ever had a hard time installing after market LEDs?? the compartment space is super small I have tried twice installing mine but have not had luck and barely had luck putting factory ones back in, I ordered mine from burgertuning, after getting scrapes on my hands for the second time this week I'm getting fed up, lol
Coupe/Cabrio or Sedan?

The ingress to the headlight module is different for the coupe/cabrio than for the sedan. And yes, if it's a coupe it's a space designed for small elves that live in hollow trees. When I did the LED install on my E93 having small hands AND using tools was required.

Good luck!

Euro Modded|Split Armrest|Rear Foglight Mod|BMW Performance Exhaust|CDV Delete|Shark Fin Antenna Delete|Front Reflector Delete|LUX H8 Angel Eyes|328i|3 Pedals|Das Fahren im Freien| BMWCCA#445793
Old 03-30-2013, 07:14 PM
BMWCCA 149159

Mein Auto: 335 vert//M3/4/ 13Outback
To amplify Kat I also marked my light so that when installing the bulb it positioned correctly. It matters and makes ALL the difference in the world since the tabs are different. I also used a plastic tool that is used to pop door panels off to keep pressure on the back side of the bulb structure (I am talking about LUX H8's version 3 by the way) because it needs pressure from the rear of the housing to push the bulb forward. Also I used a flat blade screw driver to help rotate the bulb to the correct position. On the LUX you have a built in heat sink which has air spaces which I used to rotate the bulb counter clock wise into the correct position.

It took me about 2 1/2 to 3 hours to get this done. My hands are way to big to fit into that space thus expect to use tools, mark the bulb (get your old H8 out and compare exactly where vertical is or whatever reference mark you wish to use) and patience patience patience. I have no patience just ask my SO but I did it and persistence pays off in this case. Worse case get someone with small hands and have then help you install the bulb. I hope since you are mentioning LED that you are using the LUX H8 because that is what this speaks too...
Old 03-31-2013, 06:00 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325CIC, 335CIC
Wives and Girlfriends are good for this mod - small hands are needed - ask for help!