Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 03-31-2013, 11:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ///M7
Bimmerfest 2013 - Anyone here going?

Anyone going to Bimmerfest at the Rose Bowl on May 18. I plan on being there with my car. Would like to meet up with some of you all 750 lovers if you will be there.

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Ads by Google
Old 03-31-2013, 02:28 PM
Gib mir Feurschutz!

Mein Auto: 2013 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeek View Post
Anyone going to Bimmerfest at the Rose Bowl on May 18. I plan on being there with my car. Would like to meet up with some of you all 750 lovers if you will be there.
Yea I'm going!

2013 BMW 750i - Coded, Executive, Lighting, Cold Weather, M Sport, M 303 Wheels, 5% Tint, Conti DWS Tires, 3M Bra, Vinyl Black Gloss Roof Wrap, Exhaust Flap Mod.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisF02 View Post
Yea I'm going!
Bringing your car into the show?

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:25 PM
Worlds Foremost Authority

Mein Auto: 335i E93 - 750Lix
Haven't decided on Bimmerfest east but will defintitely be going to Climb to the Clouds 5. We invited some friends so I will probably drive up in the E93 and my wife will take our friends in the 7.

Drivers Club at Lime Rock
The Glen Club
International Motor Racing Research Center
BMWCCA
Cayman Club Nor'Easters
Madison Ave. Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Sports Car Club of America
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
American Mural Project
Simeone Foundation Automotive Museum
Mount Washington Observatory
Society of Automotive Historians
Old 03-31-2013, 08:31 PM
CABimmerNation

Mein Auto: 2010 750i M Sport
We are the three that have signed up.
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CABimmerNation View Post
We are the three that have signed up.
Well that makes it easy to pick each other out. This will be my first time. Any tips from previous attendees?

Old 04-01-2013, 06:49 AM
CABimmerNation

I doubt they heard similar models together, so we should hook up and park together.
Dinan S3, PedalBox, 22" Agetro rims, H&R spt springs, RDsport front lip, coded, paddle shift retrofit, AlpineMSS HID 8000k. All exterior chrome, roof, roof spoiler and everything behind wheels painted black, wing, side and rear reflectors and door handle trim painted white, light smoke on tail lights. Audio: focal separates, earthquake low profile subs under front seats (crossed over as mid base to support the pathetic 4" fronts), arc audio amps, audiocontrol lcq-1 and epicenter, (2) L7 subs.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:37 AM
Master Tinkerer

Mein Auto: 2007 Alpina B7
Registered, still debating...looks like fun though! I'm not F01, only E65 / Alpina B7, but if you guys are okay with slumming a bit, a few of us E65'ers may come out too. =]

Black 2007 Alpina B7
Tension strut bushings

White 2007 Alpina B7
Supercharger clutch/bearings, replaced exhaust valve/pulled head, sunroof seal, 6000K angel eyes

Black 2002 BMW 745Li (sold)
KW v3's, blue angel eyes, 8000K headlights & HID fogs, rebuilt alternator & mounting bracket gasket, sunroof seal, CCVs, plugs, sway bar bushings, timing & valve cover gaskets, valve stem seals, guibo joint, mechatronic sealing sleeve, trans fluid, sanded headlights...
Old 04-02-2013, 12:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 F01 SPORT
Keif,
You were the bread and butter, goto-guy for all the repair DIYs on the E65 which I applied to the repair of my E60 which has the same N62 engine. It's till running great now as a result. I recently replaced my '06 E65 with an F01 but I will probably show up at the party in my E60. It would be great to meet you at the Rosebowl and shake your hand!

Last edited by coole65i; 04-02-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:12 AM
Gib mir Feurschutz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keif View Post
Registered, still debating...looks like fun though! I'm not F01, only E65 / Alpina B7, but if you guys are okay with slumming a bit, a few of us E65'ers may come out too. =]
A bimmer is a bimmer

Whew especially an Alpina!

2013 BMW 750i - Coded, Executive, Lighting, Cold Weather, M Sport, M 303 Wheels, 5% Tint, Conti DWS Tires, 3M Bra, Vinyl Black Gloss Roof Wrap, Exhaust Flap Mod.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:13 AM
Master Tinkerer

Mein Auto: 2007 Alpina B7
It makes me really happy to know that something I did helped someone...that really made my morning, thank you, I'm really you were able to make use of some of my ramblings. It would be great to meet you. I'm really hoping to make it out and meet some of your west coast group and put faces to names...and, well, names to usernames. Only been to California once, and only briefly, so it would be nice to see the sights out there as well!

Black 2007 Alpina B7
Tension strut bushings

White 2007 Alpina B7
Supercharger clutch/bearings, replaced exhaust valve/pulled head, sunroof seal, 6000K angel eyes

Black 2002 BMW 745Li (sold)
KW v3's, blue angel eyes, 8000K headlights & HID fogs, rebuilt alternator & mounting bracket gasket, sunroof seal, CCVs, plugs, sway bar bushings, timing & valve cover gaskets, valve stem seals, guibo joint, mechatronic sealing sleeve, trans fluid, sanded headlights...

Last edited by Keif; 04-02-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
I doubt they heard similar models together, so we should hook up and park together.
I would be up for that.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keif View Post
Sure. Come join the fun. All comers welcome to hang.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Gib mir Feurschutz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeek View Post
I would be up for that.
Sounds like someone had volunteered to pick a meeting spot!

Old 04-02-2013, 12:34 PM
CABimmerNation

Starbucks 671 N. Fair Oaks Avenue, Pasadena, CA
This is 1 mile from the Rose Bowl.
8am?
Old 04-02-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Starbucks 671 N. Fair Oaks Avenue, Pasadena, CA
This is 1 mile from the Rose Bowl.
8am?
Ok with me. I will be driving up from San Diego

Old 04-02-2013, 10:10 PM

I have PM'd you guys my info in case we need it that day. We should all exchange

Old 04-05-2013, 10:53 PM

Bump. 3 of us (RajeeK, CABimmerNation, ChrisF02) so far all meeting up before the event to go and park together. Anyone else wanna join in for the fun?

Old 04-18-2013, 06:25 PM

Bump.

Up to 5 F01/F02's coming now. 3 of us in so far to park together. Post or PM me if anyone else wants to join.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:02 AM

Bump....last call! Anyone else wanna join?

Old 05-12-2013, 10:06 AM
CABimmerNation

Rajeek, there is a meet up leaving from Costa Mesa Ikea at 8am Saturday morning. Last year they had a group of 300 drive up. This could be a little fun. Are you San Diego area?
Old 05-12-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Rajeek, there is a meet up leaving from Costa Mesa Ikea at 8am Saturday morning. Last year they had a group of 300 drive up. This could be a little fun. Are you San Diego area?
I will actually be in Temple City for the night staying with relatives, so the Starbucks at 8 works best for me. Is that ok with you still?

Old 05-12-2013, 11:25 AM
CABimmerNation

Let me see. I think Chris01 was going to the meeting up also. If not, we can hook up once we arrive.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:37 PM

Mein Auto: 750i 740i 330ci
I'm planning on heading out there too. I'm in Long Beach, so probably won't make sense to join a caravan, but would love to meet up with you guys. I'm bringing both my F01 and my E38, but not sure how the parking is going to work. Since it doesn't seem like it's necessarily sectioned per model?

I'm kind of digging having the E38 next to my F01... maybe putting up a sign (ie Men in Black), "old hotness" (or maybe "classic hotness" haha) and "new hotness"? Otherwise, I'll see if I can squeeeze it in with the other E38 folks.

F01 750i Dark Graphite Metallic
M-Sport | Driver Assistance | Luxury Seating | Camera | Convenience | Premium Sound | 20" 303M Wheels | Ceramic Controls
MODS: BMS Stage 1 Tune | PedalBox | M-Sport Paddle Shift Steering Wheel | 5000k HID | Tint | Coded.
E38 740i Jet Black
Sport | PDC | Convenience | Sunshade | Navigation
MODS: Paddle Shift Retrofit | Brushed Aluminum Gauge Rings | Tint | MKIV NAV | 4500K HID | 3M DiNOC Carbon Fiber Trim | Heated Seats | Coded
Old 05-12-2013, 01:45 PM

Caravan will probably not work for me also, since I am already going to be LA. I am still planning to meet at the Starbucks as noted above if I can get takers to confirm.

aom7, feel free to join, the more 7's the better. PM me your name and cell phone and I will send you ours so we can have contact info that day to make sure we all coordinate properly.