Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)

F30 / F31 / F32 / F33 (2012 - current)
The sixth generation 3 series, chassis code F30. 2013 model year 328i and 335i sedans now in production. Read the F30 frequently asked question thread for all your basic question and dive into all the details in the ultimate F30 information thread.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:52 PM

Mein Auto: '13 335I
The day has come!

So I was planning on doing an ED of a 335i in June but my partner had to cancel due to prior commitments. Since I did not feel like making the trip alone, the search began in the southeast trying to find one similar to the one I had planned on ordering.

That led me to to ride of my dreams sitting on the lot of Global Imports in Atlanta. Gave them a call and within 30 minutes of negotiating I was on my way to pick her up!

Glacier White 335i Sport Line
Black/Red highlight leather with high gloss black trim.
Carbon Fiber Mirror Covers/Gloss black Grill
Tech
Premium
HK
Paddles
PDC/Rear View
Cold Weather (Didnt really want/need it but everything else on the car was right)
19' rims with performance summer tires.

Got it within 100$ of invoice by my calculations with a 15000 mile/36 month lease for 610.

Drove 900 miles this weekend and have been smiling nonstop in or out of it! This is my first bimmer but i bet I will be a bimmer owner for life now!

Thanks to everyone here for all the information and discussions they provide here that help bring new owners like me into the F30!
Ads by Google
Old 03-31-2013, 08:58 PM
BMW Platinum Visa® Member

Mein Auto: BMW L328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalkol View Post
That led me to to ride of my dreams sitting on the lot of Global Imports in Atlanta. Gave them a call and within 30 minutes of negotiating I was on my way to pick her up!

Thanks to everyone here for all the information and discussions they provide here that help bring new owners like me into the F30!
Welcome aboard, and congrats!

BJ

2013 BMW L328i Luxury Sedan | Premium Package | Technology Package | Lighting Package | Steptronic® | PDC | Apps
Mineral Grey Metallic | Saddle Leather | Anthracite | Camera | Sirius | Rolex | Trophy Wife | Beach House | Status Package®
Old 04-01-2013, 12:40 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 Melbourne Red 335i
Thumbs up Awesome !

Quote:
So I was planning on doing an ED of a 335i in June but my partner had to cancel due to prior commitments. Since I did not feel like making the trip alone, the search began in the southeast trying to find one similar to the one I had planned on ordering.

Tech
Premium
HK
Paddles
PDC/Rear View
Cold Weather (Didnt really want/need it but everything else on the car was right)

Got it within 100$ of invoice by my calculations with a 15000 mile/36 month lease for 610.

Drove 900 miles this weekend and have been smiling nonstop in or out of it! This is my first bimmer but i bet I will be a bimmer owner for life now!

Congratulations , you will love your new 335i & welcome to Bimmerfest !
Send more pictures , including interior shots too . We all look forward to your
Driving impressions as well. Next, you need to join the best car club in America ,
BMW CCA. Google it. It's only $45 a year ,which includes an excellent monthly magazine The
Roundel , as well as a local Atlanta Chapter newsletter too. You will get discounts on parts &
Accessories @ local BMW dealers , and fun events sponsored by the local chapter. An added plus,when you get your next new Bimmer , you will receive a check from BMWNA rewarding you for being a member of BMW CCA ! That check Is from $500 to $1,500 depending on which model you get next. We have done that twice in the past 7 years since leasing our first Bimmer in 2006 Here's to many fabulous fun miles in your new 335i ! Every time
I jump in ours is a fantastic driving experience !
June 9,2012 New Order. 2013 335i Sedan, Melbourne Red Metallic Sport Line, Brushed Aluminum, Leather Dakota Black/Red Highlight, 19" Wheels, Premium Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Technology Package, Sport Transmission with Paddles, Htd Front Seats & Harmon Kardon Performance Center Delivery October 9, 2012. BMWCCA Member since April 2006.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 335i Sport Sedan
Congratulations!

That's pretty close to my car in terms of specs.

You sure you got 19" wheels? Those look like the 18"s I got on my car.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:51 AM
Liked when BMW was in F1

Mein Auto: 2013 AH3 Lux Line
Quote:
Originally Posted by krash View Post
Congratulations!

That's pretty close to my car in terms of specs.

You sure you got 19" wheels? Those look like the 18"s I got on my car.
I think they do look slightly different. And are consistent with the 19'' I've seen on BMWUSA.com

Current car: BMW AH3 2013 - Black Sapphire-Saddle brown-ZLL-ZPP-ZTP-ZDA-HK
also 2012 Odyssey.

Past cars: Civic, Mazda6, Accord coupe, Accord Sedan.
BMW CCA Member
Old 04-01-2013, 05:54 AM
Liked when BMW was in F1

Quote:

Tech
Premium
HK
Paddles
PDC/Rear View

Congrats on the car!

If you don't mind I would have couple of questions for you...

How was the tax calculated on your lease (I am still trying to make sure I understand how the new title tax works in GA in case of a lease).

Did you put any money down? Additional MSDs? $610 sounds pretty good for a 335i.

also 2012 Odyssey.

BMW CCA Member
Old 04-01-2013, 03:35 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 Blue Water 335i
Beautiful, but just to be a little nit picky, shouldn't that be Mineral White instead of Glacier?
Old 04-01-2013, 03:37 PM

Mein Auto: '98 M E36/7:'13 F30 RWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegandalf View Post
I think they do look slightly different. And are consistent with the 19'' I've seen on BMWUSA.com
Yep, the Sport 397 has a more machined finish and has gray inner spokes. These 19's are all silver, I think they are called 401s.

E36/7: Dinan/RMS stage 2+ blower@13lbs of BOOST! 18" BBS LM's, too much more to list
F30: ForgeStar F14 19's summer-OZ Superleggera 17's winter/Rogue Catback/Integral Audio/AFE intake scoop/BMS stage 1
Old 04-01-2013, 03:41 PM
328i xDrive Commuter

Mein Auto: 2013 328i xDrive Sport
Sweeeet Car, congratulations!

2013 328i xDrive / 8-Speed / Imperial Blue / Everest Grey / Sport Package / Premium Package / Tech Package / Heated Seats
Old 04-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Beemin' in my Bimmer ;-)

Mein Auto: F30 335i MSpt- Mus GT 5.0
Congrats! Nice bimmer! Don't forget to do the ED next time. You'll love it.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

2013 335i M Sport- EBII / BLACK / Dk Walnut
Pkgs-Prem/ DHP/ Tech/ DA/DA+ Opts- 8Sprt AT/ Htd FS/ HK/ Hi Bm Asst/ 403 19" w/perf

ED#2-04/23/13-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
ED#1-10/10/05-
Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/mdsbuc/...eat=directlink
Old 04-01-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegandalf View Post
Congrats on the car!

If you don't mind I would have couple of questions for you...

How was the tax calculated on your lease (I am still trying to make sure I understand how the new title tax works in GA in case of a lease).

Did you put any money down? Additional MSDs? $610 sounds pretty good for a 335i.
The tax was calculated in a lump sum believe it was 6%. Had the option of paying it upfront or rolling it into the lease. The upfront tax should now replace the yearly registration tax. I paid them upfront as I don't like paying interest on things like this. The only "Junk" fee i was irritated that i ended up having to pay is the 200$ markup on aqc fee. Tried to fight it but they said it was corporate policy of their parent company to do the 925. Decided not to split hairs as I was getting it at invoice prior to rebates.

Yes i also paid the MSD's down from .00130 to .00081. I think the payment isn't bad for what I got, but you could easily get a comfortably equipped 335i in the 500 range, but I wanted all the bells and whistles.

Thanks for all the warm welcome everyone! Look forward to the ride and many great interactions with you all! Time to join bmw cca!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frzdrdhppy View Post
Beautiful, but just to be a little nit picky, shouldn't that be Mineral White instead of Glacier?
Touche sir, Although I think it looks more like a glacier, but I guess I will digress and pretend BMW is in charge of naming!
Old 04-01-2013, 06:43 PM

Mein Auto: '13 328i
Nicely done.. Congrats!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:28 PM
Liked when BMW was in F1

Quote:
the tax was calculated in a lump sum believe it was 6%. Had the option of paying it upfront or rolling it into the lease. The upfront tax should now replace the yearly registration tax. I paid them upfront as i don't like paying interest on things like this. The only "junk" fee i was irritated that i ended up having to pay is the 200$ markup on aqc fee. Tried to fight it but they said it was corporate policy of their parent company to do the 925. Decided not to split hairs as i was getting it at invoice prior to rebates.

Yes i also paid the msd's down from .00130 to .00081. I think the payment isn't bad for what i got, but you could easily get a comfortably equipped 335i in the 500 range, but i wanted all the bells and whistles.

Thanks for all the warm welcome everyone! Look forward to the ride and many great interactions with you all! Time to join bmw cca!
enjoy the car!

also 2012 Odyssey.

BMW CCA Member