Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 04-10-2013, 10:48 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 35i
What would you do? 2014 order

So i decided on a 2014 X3 but was waiting to find out about the new Nav before deciding to order it or not in the car.

Being over anxious and excited about getting into a new BMW again I went ahead and spoke with a CA, negotiated a price over invoice and setup an order without the Nav and left a deposit. I was clear and upfront that I was in another lease until mid July and wanted to do a PCD mid June the earliest. I was willing to overlap leases a month and set on a PCD no matter what. Based on what I've read here and found out, I knew I'd be looking at a late April/Early May production week to fit my timing. I figured setting up the order now and leaving a deposit would be the best way to ensure the production/delivery time I wanted.

Two days later he calls me and asks if I can take delivery on May 24th. I remind him about my timing and current lease and that I am not willing to take delivery that early.

Friday after hearing the new nav was included I called my CA to modify my order. He tells me it's already in production. He give me the production code and I confirm it's in 150 status and due for completion April 12th. I asked if he could put that car on the lot and order me the updated one and he laughed and said no, I can't sell a car with no Nav. It's a pretty standard setup, Apline White, Black, Msport, Premium. I shopped another dealer and the exact same config he told me even if I cancelled after an order went in he'd have no issue moving my build.

Now, May 24th, is exactly 6 weeks after the April 12th completion date so I know he knows he's got an issue, but he's not being upfront with me. I'm pissed he didn't tell me the truth, and that I'm not able to add the options I want now. He was supposed to call me back on Monday to give me my PCD date, it's Wednesday and I'm still waiting. This CA has been there 9 years but he said I was his first PCD so I'm assuming it was an honest mistake and he wasn't aware of the 6 week max hold time, but he's not telling me that.

I intend to call him but how would you guys approach it? Do I insist he put in a new order later in the month the way I want it? Should I threaten to walk and demand a refund or charge back my deposit if he won't? I'm in NY and I understand my lease deposit is fully refundable before signing a lease contract, but I'm sure it would be a fight if it comes to it.

Look forward to hearing your guys thoughts.
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Tell your CA you will not pay for a car that you are not happy with. Order the options you want and I am sure they will be able to work around your previous order. If I were you, I would wait for the June or July refresh X3.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:23 PM

Mein Auto: X3 28i
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
Tell your CA you will not pay for a car that you are not happy with. Order the options you want and I am sure they will be able to work around your previous order. If I were you, I would wait for the June or July refresh X3.
What June/July refresh
2014 X3 28i - Deep Sea Blue Metallic - Black 'Nevada' Leather - Brushed Aluminum - Cold Weather - Driver Assistance with Top View - Lighting - Premium - Technology - Satin Aluminum Roof rails - Rear manual side window shades
Old 04-10-2013, 03:49 PM

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfan View Post
What June/July refresh
My mistake, the LCI X3 is due out next spring.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:54 PM

Mein Auto: bmw
get your money back and find another dealer
Old 04-10-2013, 06:45 PM

Mein Auto: 11 550i
Just tell the dealer that you are not taking that car. Either they can work with or you will get what you want elsewhere. The demand for the X3 of all varieties is quite robust.

14 550i Euro Del
14 X3 2.8i
11 550i Euro Del, Retired
08 550i Euro Del, Retired
06 330i Euro Del, Retired
04 545i Euro Del, Retired
01 530i Euro Del, Retired
Old 04-10-2013, 07:11 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
I would tell them that I will not accept the car, and that I want my money back.

They can either work with you to get the spec/timing that you require, or you'll got to another dealer.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:26 PM

Mein Auto: BMW 528xi
CA is a sleaze bag. Speak to the manager about this. They give you what you want or you'll buy the car elsewhere.
2014 528ix M Sport. Space Gray/Mocha Brown Nappa Leather, Anthracite Wood Trim, ContiProContact SSR RFT's. Packages: ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant, Driver Assistance, Driver Assistance +, Lighting, Lux & Prem. Options: Paddle Shifters, H-K. S S System, Heated FS's & Power Rear Shade with Man SS's.

2013 X3 28i M Sport. Deep Sea Blue/Sand Beige Nevada Leather, FS Wood Trim, BMW Apps, HG Rails and GY LS All Seasons. Packages: Cold, Conv, DHP, Perform, Prem, Prem Sound and Tech.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:21 AM

Mein Auto: 2014 X3 35i
Thanks for the responses to this. I left voice-mails and sent an e-mail and after no responses from the CA for a week I ended up going in and speaking to the Manager.

The Manager set me up with another CA and had an order setup how I wanted. Just waiting to confirm my PCD date now.

Got a 35i Apline White,Black with Aluminum Trim, M Sport, Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Driver Assist, Top View and Premium HiFi

I just couldn't resist loading it up, can't wait to get it now. The anticipation is going to kill me.