Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 1 Series / 2 Series > F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)

F22 / F23 2 Series (2014 - Current)
The 2 Series coupe is the replacement for the E82/E88 1 series coupe. Production starts in November 2013 on the 228i (N20) and M235i (N55) coupes. Look for them in dealerships in February 2014. The convertible F23 2 series will follow in the fall of 2014.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:06 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 330i
2 Series Gran Coupe is being fast tracked to launch in 2015

2 Series Grand Coupe

From BMW insiders Scott26 there is news that the 2 Series Gran Coupe is being fast track to launch in 2015.

Quote:
Yes the 2 Series might be behind the CLA and the A3 Sedan. But as the 6 Series Gran Coupe showed that it can be worth the wait. The 4 Series and 2 Series Gran Coupe will not be any different. With the 2 Series Gran Coupe now fast tracked for 2015 , BMW intend to make the gran entrance in this segment, the appearance will not just be what counts. With a greater emphasis on dynamics and typical BMW character.

If you read some of the reviews of the CLA there is some ride and dynamic issues that have been picked up by the media.

BMW are pushing the Coupe to retain the benchmark for the compact segment in every way possible. The 1 Series coupe was the entry to the BMW Sport Coupe, 2 Series will be the entry to the RWD BMW with the advent of the 1er eventually switching drivetrains.

BMW are fully aware of the potential of this car and indeed the Coupe , For the current hiatus BMW see the Coupe to hold the CLA and A3 at bay until the arrival of the Gran Coupe.
BMW 2 series gran coupe rendering

An M235i Gran Coupe => where do I sign???? I like the F30 a lot, but prefer something a little smaller, so I'm holding out for this.

Read more about the 2 Series Gran Coupe and post what you think
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BMW-2-Series-Gran-Coupe.jpg
Views:	1901
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	371774  

Last edited by tim330i; 04-16-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Ads by Google
Old 04-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i
Yeah-- i'm pretty excited about it.

But don't tease us with that pic. It's perfect looking, but doesn't look close enough to the F20 1 series to be close to realiy. We can only hope that it will be that nice looking.

http://nyccarblog.blogspot.com/
Old 04-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Not Wearing Pants

Mein Auto: Moped
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325 View Post
Yeah-- i'm pretty excited about it.

But don't tease us with that pic. It's perfect looking, but doesn't look close enough to the F20 1 series to be close to realiy. We can only hope that it will be that nice looking.
Yeah that blue car is too damn sexy to be the real car. BMW hasn't done anything that nice looking since...well the e46 or Z8.