Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > X Series > X3 F25 (2011 - current)

X3 F25 (2011 - current)
The latest X3 brings some added style and some new features to the BMW SUV family. Talk about the new F25 now!

Old 04-08-2013, 12:06 PM

Mein Auto: X3
what are the options to retrofit DHP?

My X3 production is completed and is in transit now.

This is my first BMW and had no idea about DHP so did not add DHP. After going through the forums, I see lot of people telling good things about DHP. I am now regretting that I missed this option.

Now that the production is completed, Is there any option to retrofit this package and how much does it cost if there a way?
Ads by Google
Old 04-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Sadly, the best way to retrofit any major option is to sell your X3 and buy a new one.

The truth is that you'll love your new X3 with or without DHP.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:27 PM

Mein Auto: Soon x3 my 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2014x3 View Post
My X3 production is completed and is in transit now.

This is my first BMW and had no idea about DHP so did not add DHP. After going through the forums, I see lot of people telling good things about DHP. I am now regretting that I missed this option.

Now that the production is completed, Is there any option to retrofit this package and how much does it cost if there a way?
Convince your dealership to take it and reorder. Since its your first they might not be as willing as if this was your fifth.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRPNBMW View Post
Convince your dealership to take it and reorder. Since its your first they might not be as willing as if this was your fifth.
It may be too late to ask as vehicle is already in transit. will be be significant difference with or without DHP?

Last edited by bmw2014x3; 04-08-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
It may be too late to ask as vehicle is already in transit. will be be significant difference with or without DHP?
I don't think a ton. If you are using it as a daily surburban assult vehicle you will be fine.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:58 PM

Most of my usage will be to commute to work location, which is just 3 miles away from my home.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Most of my usage will be to commute to work location, which is just 3 miles away from my home.
Then you will be just fine without it. The X3 is a fantastic vehicle with or without it. Just enjoy your new ride when it comes in!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Worth asking...my dealer (Passport in MD) has been very accommodating to me. X3s are not a hard sale in general, your dealership might like to have your car in its inventory. In the past, Passport has told me that if I do not like the car when it arrives - "no sweat, get what you want and we will place the car in inventory". To date I have never taken them up on their offer.

My X3 is a 35i M Sport with DHP. In terms of my needs and desires, the three most important options are; 35i - fast and responsive, M Sport - great sport seats and other "M' tweaks, and DHP - variable damper control and sport steering. Collectively - the three packages make a nice difference.

If your car is fun to drive - you will want to drive it for sport/pleasure not just mundane commuting. I cannot comment on others, but my X3 is a BLAST to drive - I take the long way home!. In short, my X3 35i M Sport DHP is the BMW of SAVs!
Old 04-08-2013, 03:07 PM

Mein Auto: -
Like a CA said to me, "If you don't know what DHP is, you don't need it."

You especially don't need/want it (not worth the expense), if your commute is only 3 miles.

The vehicle is perfectly enjoyable without DHP. Have you been for a test drive?
Old 04-08-2013, 03:12 PM

Yes I did the test drive and it was fantastic. I was not sure whether it had DHP or not.

Dealer showed me the Sport mode and it was pretty quick with Sport mode. Sport mode comes with DHP?
Old 04-08-2013, 03:19 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 F10 528i
Quote:
You could walk.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
Worth asking...my dealer (Passport in MD) has been very accommodating to me. X3s are not a hard sale in general, your dealership might like to have your car in its inventory. In the past, Passport has told me that if I do not like the car when it arrives - "no sweat, get what you want and we will place the car in inventory". To date I have never taken them up on their offer.

My X3 is a 35i M Sport with DHP. In terms of my needs and desires, the three most important options are; 35i - fast and responsive, M Sport - great sport seats and other "M' tweaks, and DHP - variable damper control and sport steering. Collectively - the three packages make a nice difference.

If your car is fun to drive - you will want to drive it for sport/pleasure not just mundane commuting. I cannot comment on others, but my X3 is a BLAST to drive - I take the long way home!. In short, my X3 35i M Sport DHP is the BMW of SAVs!
I guess it depends on your other choices and the primary driver. My weekend toy is a 911 so I don't care if my sav isn't as much fun to drive as my 911. I think either way the x3? is a fantastic car.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleedy View Post
You could walk.
probably I need DHP in my shoes...
Old 04-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by opem View Post
Like a CA said to me, "If you don't know what DHP is, you don't need it."

You especially don't need/want it (not worth the expense), if your commute is only 3 miles.

The vehicle is perfectly enjoyable without DHP. Have you been for a test drive?
Ignorance is bliss….

The CA was a lazy condescending jack ass – you should have walked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRPNBMW View Post
I guess it depends on your other choices and the primary driver. My weekend toy is a 911 so I don't care if my sav isn't as much fun to drive as my 911. I think either way the x3? is a fantastic car.
Having a weekend sports car should not preclude having fun during the week – especially if that fun comes with a safer, more engaging X3.

Last edited by Capobranco; 04-08-2013 at 07:22 PM.