Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 7 Series / 8 Series > 7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)

7 Series - F01 / F02 (2009 - current)
The new re-designed 7 series F01 / F02 leads off the BMW Fxx chassis code!

Old 04-09-2013, 01:37 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: ///M7
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco135 View Post
Not free! Unless you buy from him a major retrofit upgrade. As I said before it took me 24 hours to get the cable and 24 min to learn how to do it myself. Had people wanting $250+ to do simple coding that now that I know how takes me 75-90 seconds.
Never said it was free bro. Just trying to give people options who don't feel comfortable doing it themselves. He did mine with some other retrofits and I am happy. That is all. One day I would like to do it myself cause there are still a few other changes I would like to make, but just don't have the time or motivation at this point.

Here is another contact for people who are interested: codemycar@gmail.com

Options: Executive Package, M-Sport, B&O Sound, LED Lighting, Drivers Assist, Active Cruise. No RWS (Rear Wood Shelf).
Mods: BMS n63tu Tune, PedalBox, H&R Sport Springs, RD Sport Front Lip, Rear Roof & Trunk Spoilers, 20" Forgestar F14 Rims, Akebono Ceramic Brakes, 20% Front/15% Rear Tint, Carbon Fiber Wrap, Smoked Taillights, 760 Exhaust Tips, "Golf Tee" mod, Kidney Grills & Front Vents Painted Gloss Black, Brake Calipers Gloss Black w/BMW Logos, B&W Carbon Fiber Roundels.

Last edited by rajeek; 04-09-2013 at 01:39 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:18 AM

Mein Auto: 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeek View Post
Never said it was free bro. Just trying to give people options who don't feel comfortable doing it themselves. He did mine with some other retrofits and I am happy. That is all. One day I would like to do it myself cause there are still a few other changes I would like to make, but just don't have the time or motivation at this point.

Here is another contact for people who are interested: codemycar@gmail.com
I was just pointing out the fact some people charge crazy money for that don't get me wrong it's their job and they should make some money but not 250 and some even 350 for 5 minutes. Even me who understand computers would rather pay then learn how to it my self (time reasons) but I would not pay more then $60-$80 for this process
Old 04-09-2013, 10:34 AM

Mein Auto: ActiveHybrid 7 LI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman64 View Post
My wife kept on complaining about the double pull on the door handle so I finally decided to figure out how to code the car.

With the cable from F01driver and help from shawnsheridian I got going and the car is finally how it should come from the factory! Thanks

Here are a few things I did.
- Tire pressure and temperature for each tire. Say goodbye to idiotic color codes!
- Car is unlocked when the engine stopped - Single door pull just like the other cars
- Automatic high beam assist now on by default
- Button by driver door and Fob now also closes the trunk
- Turn signals in the head up display
- Remove legal warning on Nav startup
- Remove warning messages on the cameras (they were always in the way)
- Mirror now folds when locking the car with door handle or key fob (not that you really need this in the US, but I like that I can tell if the car is locked from a distance. In Europe, this is indispensable for tight parking)
- DVD in motion. I couldn't care less for that option as I wouldn't watch movies while driving anyways; just tried to see how the coding works..

Once you get going, it's quite fast to do. Highly recommended
Funny i've found the dvd in motion to be a great safety feature. A couple times i've found myself driving home late from distance and tired. I select a dvd with a live concert and with all the energy of the concert have no feelings of tiredness. try it sometime and you will see...really helps keep you alert.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:06 AM

Mein Auto: BMW 750li, Mercedes SL600
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdefg2000 View Post
Funny i've found the dvd in motion to be a great safety feature. A couple times i've found myself driving home late from distance and tired. I select a dvd with a live concert and with all the energy of the concert have no feelings of tiredness. try it sometime and you will see...really helps keep you alert.
While I can see your point, i wouldn't call this a great safety feature I love audio DVD's for the pure sound experience and assume that concerts won't take your attention as much off the road as a movie.

That said, I have done a lot of high-speed long distance driving in Germany/Europe for business, often at night and the one lesson I learned is when I am tired I take a break from driving. Either get out of the car or take a quick power nap.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:24 AM

Remote coding sounded like a cool idea but since I am using a Mac, if I have to setup a PC environment on it, so I figuredmight as well setup the actual software.

The coding forum here is a fantastic resource. You might find a local forum member to do the coding for you. A lot of the codes work across platforms, for example, coding an F10 appears to be the same as an F01 (depending on the year and options, of course).
Old 04-10-2013, 09:38 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 750LXi Individual
Is there a way to "code" the ability to drive the car (in drive or in reverse) from a standstill / stop with the door open (i.e.: to deactivate the "secure the vehicle against rolls" warning / mechanism)?
Old 04-12-2013, 11:53 AM

Mein Auto: '11 750i
What software are you guys using? Talked to the BMTechnic guys and they indicated coding software doesn't work on my F01
Old 04-12-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundo View Post
What software are you guys using? Talked to the BMTechnic guys and they indicated coding software doesn't work on my F01
He doesn't know what he is talking about...

This is BMW software...
Old 04-12-2013, 05:33 PM
OOO

Mein Auto: E90 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundo View Post
Quote:
He doesn't know what he is talking about...

This is BMW software...
The BMTechnic package as it is currently designed only works for the Exx and Rxx chassis', not the Fxx. That's probably what they were referring to.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPLE_O View Post
The BMTechnic package as it is currently designed only works for the Exx and Rxx chassis', not the Fxx. That's probably what they were referring to.
Oops. Wasn't aware of that software. Is this 3rd party software?
Old 04-12-2013, 09:26 PM
OOO

No worries, they're well known throughout Europe, not really in the US. It's all BMW software, but they may package it differently than you may get it somewhere else (google download for instance).

Quote:
Oops. Wasn't aware of that software. Is this 3rd party software?
Old 04-13-2013, 07:06 AM

Mein Auto: '11 750i
So question for the experts - what's best place to find F01 coding software? Would prefer the recommendation of the board rather than a google search. BMTechnik seems to be the preferred provider on the other boards.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:19 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 750i
Quote:
My wife kept on complaining about the double pull on the door handle so I finally decided to figure out how to code the car.

With the cable from F01driver and help from shawnsheridian I got going and the car is finally how it should come from the factory! Thanks

Here are a few things I did.
- Tire pressure and temperature for each tire. Say goodbye to idiotic color codes!
- Car is unlocked when the engine stopped - Single door pull just like the other cars
- Automatic high beam assist now on by default
- Button by driver door and Fob now also closes the trunk
- Turn signals in the head up display
- Remove legal warning on Nav startup
- Remove warning messages on the cameras (they were always in the way)
- Mirror now folds when locking the car with door handle or key fob (not that you really need this in the US, but I like that I can tell if the car is locked from a distance. In Europe, this is indispensable for tight parking)
- DVD in motion. I couldn't care less for that option as I wouldn't watch movies while driving anyways; just tried to see how the coding works..

Once you get going, it's quite fast to do. Highly recommended
Cool
Can you give me the list with parameters and their values for all these changes?
Thank you in advance
Old 04-13-2013, 11:29 AM

Mein Auto: 750i
All the info you will ever need for the coding thingy will be right here....
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175
Old 04-13-2013, 02:02 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 750i
Thanks
Old 04-13-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco135 View Post
All the info you will ever need for the coding thingy will be right here....
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175
That's the source! Check out the F10 cheat sheet. That one contains most of the codes you'll need (and some you can't use.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:02 PM

Mein Auto: x5 50i
Can anyone help with coding in the Long Island, NYC area? Thanking you in advance.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 750Li X-Drive
Also finally got coding off my long list of things that I am not getting to.

In the Chicago area, I had Ram @ bmwminicoding handle it for me at a reasonable price, great to deal with and very professional approach. Highly recommend him for those not inclined to take it up themselves.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:13 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 750LXi Individual
Is there any way to code the car so that when the headlamps turn on automatically, the foglamps turn on too? And if you want to turn off the fog lamps, you can press the button? Thanks!

Last edited by dbs600; 04-16-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
Is there any way to code that whenever the headlamps turn on automatically, that the fog lamps turn on too? And that if you want to turn off the fog lamps, you can press the button? Thanks!
I looked but don't think that's possible.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=687823

Last edited by Wolfman64; 04-16-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:47 PM
OOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbs600 View Post
Is there any way to code the car so that when the headlamps turn on automatically, the foglamps turn on too? And if you want to turn off the fog lamps, you can press the button? Thanks!
I know it's possible for Exx, have to check through the FRM to see if it is possible on Fxx too. One restriction was that you could not turn the fog lights on and off manually.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:25 AM
Can that be retrofitted??

Mein Auto: 740d (F01)
Quote:
Remote coding sounded like a cool idea but since I am using a Mac, if I have to setup a PC environment on it, so I figuredmight as well setup the actual software.

The coding forum here is a fantastic resource. You might find a local forum member to do the coding for you. A lot of the codes work across platforms, for example, coding an F10 appears to be the same as an F01 (depending on the year and options, of course).
Hi - interested in starting doing the coding on my F01.

Cable is no problem, but are you using any specific software to do this and I see you say Mac - which has got me thinking that it's just inside of a terminal window?

I know the late E and the F series use ethernet as the connection method but never really got past that - here in the UK there's not much call for coding. I guess most people lease their F10's and don't care...and all the BMW techs clam right up when you start asking any questions.... !!

Thanks
Old 04-18-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob9877 View Post
Hi - interested in starting doing the coding on my F01.

Cable is no problem, but are you using any specific software to do this and I see you say Mac - which has got me thinking that it's just inside of a terminal window?

I know the late E and the F series use ethernet as the connection method but never really got past that - here in the UK there's not much call for coding. I guess most people lease their F10's and don't care...and all the BMW techs clam right up when you start asking any questions.... !!

Thanks
Nothing there for a Mac as all software is Windows-based. I use Parallels with Windows 7 64bit. The software itself is BMW ESys 3.22 and connecting to the Mac to the car is really easy.

The biggest thing is to get the software itself.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:40 PM
BMW Addict

Mein Auto: 13 740i/12 328i
I also use the same settings on my MacBook Pro along with Parallels. You just need to make sure to configure Parallels correctly. I found this post to be especially helpful.

http://http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=646189&highlight=mac

2009 335i Jet Black/Oyster/Dark Burl (Sold)
2007 X5 Black Sapphire/Beige (Sold)
2007 335iC Alpine White/Red (ED 11/15/06) (Sold)
2004 545ia Jet Black/Black (Retired)
2001 525ia Jet Black/Sand (Retired)
Old 05-01-2013, 07:01 PM

Mein Auto: x5 50i
Finally got the car coded and wondering why I waited so long

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufnck View Post
Can anyone help with coding in the Long Island, NYC area? Thanking you in advance.
Update: octopump coded my car; great job thank you!! Anyone in NYC/Long Island looking to have it done, he's comes well recommended.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app