Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Re-Badged

Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
The car is equipped with:

Competition Package
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Carbon Leather Interior Trim
Blue Seat contrast Stitching
Sat Radio
BMW Apps
Black Exhaust pipe tips
Black Competition Package Wheels.

Lemme know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 04-15-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:55 PM
Fight On!

Mein Auto: BMW M3, Z4 M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
The car is equipped with:

Competition Package
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Carbon Leather Interior Trim
Blue Seat contrast Stitching
Sat Radio
BMW Apps
Black Exhaust pipe tips
Black Competition Package Wheels.

Lemme know!
I wouldn't call it a "bare-bone" build... It has all the packages.

Here's what we, or at least I, am having doubts about. Even if I ignore the Frozen Special Edition bit and add up all the options you listed to a regular M3, the MSRP is well over $71k.

I wish the dealership was in So Cal and could see/deal in person. It would make my decision so much easier knowing I won't get scammed. Buying a $70 item on eBay is one thing, but purchasing a $70k car over the Internet from someone I never met (on a crazy, too good to be true, deal) is rather scary.

Anyone else from MD has seen this car?

BMW CCA Member #xx4477
2006 Z4 M Coupe (e86) 6MT
2013 M3 Coupe (e92) 6MT
Old 04-15-2013, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: '13 E92 M3, '01 E46 330Ci
Just get the VIR from the build. -=Hot|Ice=- has been around forever here. Doubt anyone is pulling a scam.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:10 AM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post

Here's what we, or at least I, am having doubts about. Even if I ignore the Frozen Special Edition bit and add up all the options you listed to a regular M3, the MSRP is well over $71k.

I wish the dealership was in So Cal and could see/deal in person. It would make my decision so much easier knowing I won't get scammed. Buying a $70 item on eBay is one thing, but purchasing a $70k car over the Internet from someone I never met (on a crazy, too good to be true, deal) is rather scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alee View Post
Just get the VIR from the build. -=Hot|Ice=- has been around forever here. Doubt anyone is pulling a scam.
I went on to RockvilleBMW web site this morning and I did not see a "frozen edition" being offered - which of course means nothing, but curiously, they are also offering a "lime Rock" - see attached link - including; M Performance exhaust, Competition Pack, Premium Pack. Cold for $65,894 (after a 2250 discount).

http://www.bmwrockville.com/new/BMW/...cfc8ce34fc.htm

RockvilleBMW is a very large dealership in this area. I bought a couple of BMWs in the past from the predecessor dealership they bought out recently (VOB), but have had limited (not great) experience with these guys which also means very little.

If I were not tied up in my present lease I would be on their door step - assuming its really available.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alee View Post
I am familiar with -=Hot|Ice=- from this and other forums. I am not suggesting that he is trying to pull a scam but as enigma points outs, building a similarly equipped car on the BMWUSA website is over $71k and that is before the special paint and stitching in the seats etc. We are simply pointing out that the sticker has to be a mistake.

And to now see a Lime Rock edition listed for less than $66k... Just makes me wonder what I am missing! Like the old saying... "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is!"
Old 04-16-2013, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: '13 E92 M3, '01 E46 330Ci
It's not like we're buying handbags and DVDs in Chinatown in New York where the authenticity is in question. It's a new BMW coming from the factory with a Monroney sticker, and a vehicle production history that couldn't be more than 8 weeks old.

Speculating about the sticker price is mostly just navel gazing here on the forums. If this is the car that floats your boat and you're a motivated buyer, an hour of your time for a few phone calls and a little research would get anyone to the degree of confidence needed to buy the car. And I think people here aren't shy to share whether this is the real deal or not after they do their research!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:36 AM

^^ True! And you have to be leaving soon for your ED. Have a great trip and looking forward to the pics and update upon your return!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:47 AM
Re-Badged

Quote:

I've been posting on here since 08, with over a thousand posts. Why would I try and scam you? I'm sharing a deal that is available or anyone that is interested. The dealership is one of the biggest on the East coast, and part of Priority One Automotive group.

I think I feel insulted.

P.S. I own an M3. This is why I wanted to find this one a good home.
Quote:

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 04-16-2013 at 07:19 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:51 AM
Re-Badged

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1366120239.941908.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	371673Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1366120270.149293.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	371674Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1366120292.266143.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	371675
Quote:
Old 04-16-2013, 07:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2002 330ci
I'm not sure how your price is sitting so low when it clearly states this car starts off, 76k. Seeing how I'm on the east coast I looked around for a frozen addition and found two one white one which has a sticker price of 85k at Devon hill BMW. And the exact line up of the frozen blue you have mentioned at a North Carolina dealer I've visited in the past listed at 84k. Your price is way to good to be real.

The 2013 BMW M3 Coupe Frozen Limited Edition goes on sale in January with a starting price of $76,395 including destination, and unlike previous Frozen Edition models, this latest one will be offered in three different matte colors: Frozen Red, Frozen White and Frozen Blue.

The price for the Frozen Limited Edition is a premium of more than $16,000 compared to a base M3 Coupe, but in addition to the car's exclusivity, BMW made sure to include plenty of added content

Last edited by kbeamer; 04-16-2013 at 07:09 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:36 AM
Re-Badged

Folks, the price is legit. If you lease or finance you get $1500 back also if you own a BMW, that's another 750. This deal is as legit as it gets, whether you folks believe it or not. Do your research. I can't believe I'm being called a scammer after five years on this website. What a form of disrespect.

If anyone is interested, let me know. I am trying to find a good home for that car.
Quote:

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 04-16-2013 at 07:37 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:46 AM
Eye of the Wolf

Quote:
Folks, the price is legit. If you lease or finance you get $1500 back also if you own a BMW, that's another 750. This deal is as legit as it gets, whether you folks believe it or not. Do your research. I can't believe I'm being called a scammer after five years on this website. What a form of disrespect.

If anyone is interested, let me know. I am trying to find a good home for that car.
Make no mistake I'm not insulting you - I know you are legit and you are a neighbor - I'd consider you my best friend if you turned me on to such deal.....Frozen Edition and Lime Rock (on the site) for less than $70k and a discount to boot....how is this possible? Are these special program cars ordered for BMW executives that were passed on for whatever reason?

Besides, if this was bogus - to what end? - I just want to understand the "How?"
Old 04-16-2013, 08:32 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
BMW is just clearing inventory, guys.

This may be just an "end-of-production" M3 that has several packages included at no cost -which it is not unusual for "end-of-production" BMW.

The MSRP price-sheet looks genuine to me. ZCP and Individual Composition for free.

I might understand a no-sale because M-DCT, but not because of missing the Individual Audio.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:46 AM

Calm down -=Hot|Ice=-, nobody is calling you a scammer. We are simply trying to understand what appears to be an excellent deal. Given all the frozen/special edition cars we have seen at much higher prices, the sticker is very surprising. Perhaps Technic has offered the explanation and that is all we are trying to get.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:47 AM
Re-Badged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post

This may be just an "end-of-production" M3 that has several packages included at no cost -which it is not unusual for "end-of-production" BMW.

The MSRP price-sheet looks genuine to me. ZCP and Individual Composition for free.

I might understand a no-sale because M-DCT, but not because of missing the Individual Audio.
Exactly.
Quote:
Old 04-16-2013, 11:46 PM
Fight On!

Mein Auto: BMW M3, Z4 M Coupe
Quote:
I've been posting on here since 08, with over a thousand posts. Why would I try and scam you? I'm sharing a deal that is available or anyone that is interested. The dealership is one of the biggest on the East coast, and part of Priority One Automotive group.

I think I feel insulted.

P.S. I own an M3. This is why I wanted to find this one a good home.
I am not sure who you are referring to, but I never called you a scammer. I would suggest that you re-read my post if you interpreted it that way. Having doubts (given that that MSRP is $15k lower) is a reasonable reaction in my opinion, and I just expressed my uneasiness especially given that the local buyer has backed out of such an incredible deal.

If that offended you, my sincere apologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post

I can't recall BMW ever having a fire sale or end-of-production clearance on a limited production edition car. But, I guess there is a first for everything?

BMW CCA Member #xx4477
2006 Z4 M Coupe (e86) 6MT
2013 M3 Coupe (e92) 6MT
Old 04-17-2013, 06:22 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
I can't recall BMW ever having a fire sale or end-of-production clearance on a limited production edition car. But, I guess there is a first for everything?
Me neither... but being within a couple of months of EOP that's the best guess that I can think of. I do not think that BMW kind of forgot to tack $16,000 into the MSRP price sheet and also forgot to charge the dealer for it.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:42 AM
Eye of the Wolf

hmmm....I don't think we have the whole story.....at least this does not jive with my experience, but I am open to learning something new.

My experience; BMWNA will often have internal non advertised dealer incentives. BMWNA will occasionally offer "trunk" money on particular models they wish to liquidate - and from experience, I know "trunk" money can be many thousands off in additional discounts, but these are discounts off the window sticker at the discretion of the dealer. I've never seen a factory window sticker offer, what would normally be a very expensive special edition option, at no additional cost, effectively undercutting the existing market, and those who special ordered cars.

I'm very open to new ideas and I am keenly interested. I am neither doubting the existence of the cars nor the great deal, but I would like to know more about the circumstances surrounding these specials - is this a "regular" practice?

Last edited by Capobranco; 04-17-2013 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Re-Badged

Quote:
I am not sure who you are referring to, but I never called you a scammer. I would suggest that you re-read my post if you interpreted it that way. Having doubts (given that that MSRP is $15k lower) is a reasonable reaction in my opinion, and I just expressed my uneasiness especially given that the local buyer has backed out of such an incredible deal.

If that offended you, my sincere apologies.

It's fine, another forum member is actually interested in it, and may actually have it very soon. We've talked about pricing already and as I said before, it's the real deal. We're even passing along the the $1,500 credit + loyalty. I'm happy because he got a steal, and the car will hopefully have a good home.
Quote:

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 04-18-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:57 PM
Re-Badged

Two Frozen White inbound. One is fully loaded(84k) one is around 71k.
Quote:
Old 04-20-2013, 06:40 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
It's fine, another forum member is actually interested in it, and may actually have it very soon. We've talked about pricing already and as I said before, it's the real deal. We're even passing along the the $1,500 credit + loyalty. I'm happy because he got a steal, and the car will hopefully have a good home.
Folks, -=HotŠIce=- is as straight up as they come. If that Monroney sticker was in error I assure you his employer would have already gone apesh!t and have had him take it down and let y'all know it was a mistake.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

BMW CCA member #388003 - www.bmwcca.org Use me as a referral, you could win a one day ///M Driving School!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:41 PM

One of the dealers here has the same car ( Frozen blue with black wheels ) but with DCT. The sticker looks the same BUT there is a separate item for the "Frozen edition" to the tune of $15400. There must be a mistake done on the sticker on the car in this thread. However if the dealer is cool with letting it go, why not? The $15400 is not just for the paint but many of the other "included" items as the competition package etc.

Last edited by solstice; 04-20-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:45 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 335d M-Sport
Frozen white my 1st choice color. Don't care much about premium sound or extended leather. Must have DCT. LA parking lot 405 cant be dealt with manual.
PM me if frozen white will have DCT. May be I will pull the trigger instead of waiting for 2014 M3 sedan.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:54 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 m3
2013 BMW Frozen Blue M3

I live in Maryland too and tried to look at the frozen blue , looks like it's already sold . How did the price go down by $15k I don't see any other car like that available anywhere , I even had the dealer look for me around the US . Definitely a steal for whoever got the car

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-21-2013, 08:24 PM

Mein Auto: 745Li
Might be helpful if OP or another board sponsor could explain how the $15k Frozen Edition premium can be avoided on a Frozen vehicle. HotIce, will the incoming frozen vehicles have the $15k premium?