Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 04-22-2013, 05:10 AM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,882
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Two Frozen White inbound. One is fully loaded(84k) one is around 71k.
Two Frozen editions so far for less than the base $75,000 MSRP are more than a coincidence.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-22-2013, 01:26 PM
enigma's Avatar
enigma enigma is offline
Fight On!
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,537
Mein Auto: BMW M3, Z4 M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Two Frozen editions so far for less than the base $75,000 MSRP are more than a coincidence.
Perhaps.

I don't doubt hot|ice is a stand-up guy, but the fact is that we haven't heard any logical explanation as to why the dealership he works for is the only one reportedly offering such anomalies.

If there were any such promotions, we'd have at least heard about it from many forum sponsors with inside knowledge. We are talking about about a very substantial ($16k) discount on limited edition vehicles. In absence of a convincing explanation (official or otherwise) or first-hand experience from more members, many (or some?) will remain skeptical.

If I were local in MD (or anywhere near it), I would be all over this.
__________________

BMW CCA Member #xx4477
2006 Z4 M Coupe (e86) 6MT
2013 M3 Coupe (e92) 6MT
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-22-2013, 02:34 PM
NASA43's Avatar
NASA43 NASA43 is offline
Make Their Ass Quit!
Location: Alabama
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,265
Mein Auto: 2008 M3
It does sort of defy logic. I mean, it's not like Fall 2008 when M3's were languishing on lots. I havent seen an M3 on my local dealer's lot in months.
__________________
2008 M3 Sedan, Silverstone II, Fox Red Extended, 6MT
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-22-2013, 03:38 PM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,882
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
Perhaps.

I don't doubt hot|ice is a stand-up guy, but the fact is that we haven't heard any logical explanation as to why the dealership he works for is the only one reportedly offering such anomalies.

If there were any such promotions, we'd have at least heard about it from many forum sponsors with inside knowledge. We are talking about about a very substantial ($16k) discount on limited edition vehicles. In absence of a convincing explanation (official or otherwise) or first-hand experience from more members, many (or some?) will remain skeptical.

If I were local in MD (or anywhere near it), I would be all over this.
I do not think that these Frozen Editions sell like we think they do. And the M3 by itself is no different since introduction.

Back in 2008-mid 2009 BMW offered $20,000 in incentives for leftover 2008 M3. So $16,000 here and there close to EOP is not that unusual to me. One thing though... I do not like this Frozen Edition at all even with the magical $16,000 giveaway. That paint is worthless to me.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-22-2013, 04:50 PM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,825
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Folks, -=HotŠIce=- is as straight up as they come. If that Monroney sticker was in error I assure you his employer would have already gone apesh!t and have had him take it down and let y'all know it was a mistake.
Thank you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by M3alloveragain View Post
I live in Maryland too and tried to look at the frozen blue , looks like it's already sold . How did the price go down by $15k I don't see any other car like that available anywhere , I even had the dealer look for me around the US . Definitely a steal for whoever got the car
It sold. We traded a Red M3 in for it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 04-22-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-22-2013, 06:19 PM
M3alloveragain M3alloveragain is offline
Registered User
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: 2010 m3
2013 BMW Frozen Blue M3

Is there a new frozen edition that ur expecting to show up in the near future ??


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-23-2013, 07:22 AM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,825
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3alloveragain View Post
Is there a new frozen edition that ur expecting to show up in the near future ??


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Two Frozen White inbound. One is fully loaded(84k) one is around 71k.
They haven't hit production yet. We're about 5-6 weeks out.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-23-2013, 08:07 AM
Alpine300ZHP Alpine300ZHP is offline
East Coast Commuter
Location: South Florida
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,928
Mein Auto: 435/x3 35
Nice to see you sold it Hot/Ice. It looks like I have a deal in place to get another M3 myself. A Jerez black over black M3 coupe fully loaded with every option. I ll know by the end of the day if I am taking it.
__________________
~ 14 435 (with MPPK) My daily beater
~ 14 x3 35i Hers
- Previous BMW's - Way too many to list here (17)
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-23-2013, 08:27 AM
M3alloveragain M3alloveragain is offline
Registered User
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: 2010 m3
2013 BMW Frozen Blue M3

Are all frozen M3s manual only since that is what I read in the news releases when the frozen ones came out ?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-23-2013, 09:39 AM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,825
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3alloveragain View Post
Are all frozen M3s manual only since that is what I read in the news releases when the frozen ones came out ?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
No, the white we have coming in is a M-DCT.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 04-23-2013, 10:13 AM
M3alloveragain M3alloveragain is offline
Registered User
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: 2010 m3
2013 BMW Frozen Blue M3

I live in the DC area too , why is there such a big difference in the price of the 2 cars , does the 71k cat have anything on it ? Since I can believe that the frozen edition car that costs 85k has it fully loaded.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04-23-2013, 10:24 AM
solstice solstice is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,326
Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
The price difference can't be due to content. It's that this dealer has choosen to not add the "Frozen edition" price to the car of some reason. The local dealer here has a Frozen blue with near identical specs except for having the DCT. The car is > $80k.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Capobranco's Avatar
Capobranco Capobranco is offline
Eye of the Wolf
Location: Potomac, Maryland
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,432
Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
^ not really - the sticker on the first blue car lists "frozen" as "included"

OP has never explained the circumstances. If the answer is proprietary, just say so, silence only serves to raise suspicions. At the very least, it would be helpful if the vin# of these frozen editions were posted, just as this dealer does for all its other inventory.
__________________
BMWCCA
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04-23-2013, 02:04 PM
solstice solstice is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,326
Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
^ not really - the sticker on the first blue car lists "frozen" as "included"

OP has never explained the circumstances. If the answer is proprietary, just say so, silence only serves to raise suspicions. At the very least, it would be helpful if the vin# of these frozen editions were posted, just as this dealer does for all its other inventory.
Correct, as I mentioned this dealer has decided to mark that as included instead of listing it's price of $15400. Pretty nice giveaway, unheard of really. I can also say that the Frozen blue M3 I saw gathered more interrest than any other car at the dealer which also has a multitude of M6s, M5s, Gran Coupes etc. from that point it seems very generous to sell these at around 20% discount. The guy who bought it must be smiling ear to ear
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-23-2013, 03:40 PM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,825
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
^ not really - the sticker on the first blue car lists "frozen" as "included"

OP has never explained the circumstances. If the answer is proprietary, just say so, silence only serves to raise suspicions. At the very least, it would be helpful if the vin# of these frozen editions were posted, just as this dealer does for all its other inventory.
Suspicions of what? The car came from BMW with a BMW sticker. I had no say in the pricing. I'm just the messenger. It's unfortunate that the car sold before somebody on the boards was able to give it a good home. I tried to prove it was the real deal, but people were too busy being stubborn. You had the opportunity to have a Frozen Edition for an amazing price. Unfortunate, really. The person who has it will probably abuse it for three years. The previous M3 was in alright shape. I got one call, and he spoke to the assistant general manager , and as said before, It sold the next day before he could come down. He personally spoke to the assistant general manager and was told it's the real deal. For those of you that were in doubt, all it took was a simple phone call. Hopefully the two Frozen Whites get a good home before they are snatched up. Honestly, I'm not even a sales person. I'm just an enthusiast that likes to be around cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Correct, as I mentioned this dealer has decided to mark that as included instead of listing it's price of $15400. Pretty nice giveaway, unheard of really. I can also say that the Frozen blue M3 I saw gathered more interrest than any other car at the dealer which also has a multitude of M6s, M5s, Gran Coupes etc. from that point it seems very generous to sell these at around 20% discount. The guy who bought it must be smiling ear to ear
O boy is he.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 04-23-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04-23-2013, 03:46 PM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,882
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
This is very easy to solve... be an EOP giveaway or an error straight from BMWNA, then the dealer can tack the $15,000 back as ADM in a separate window sticker.

Then everybody here can be happy.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04-23-2013, 05:00 PM
Capobranco's Avatar
Capobranco Capobranco is offline
Eye of the Wolf
Location: Potomac, Maryland
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,432
Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
... The car came from BMW with a BMW sticker. I had no say in the pricing. I'm just the messenger. ....
I understand you did not create the sticker - I get it - but what I don't get is why the cars in question "include" the frozen option at no additional charge when every other frozen car I have seen costs $15K more. I have asked you, and others have asked you, but you have not answered the question.
__________________
BMWCCA
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 04-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,882
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
I understand you did not create the sticker - I get it - but what I don't get is why the cars in question "include" the frozen option at no additional charge when every other frozen car I have seen costs $15K more. I have asked you, and others have asked you, but you have not answered the question.
How he can answer why the sticker is printed the way it is? Just call the damn dealer and ask yourself if you are looking for real answers...
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 04-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Capobranco's Avatar
Capobranco Capobranco is offline
Eye of the Wolf
Location: Potomac, Maryland
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,432
Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
The man offered the car for sale on this forum, it's not much of a stretch to assume he understands the circumstances surrounding this opportunity.
__________________
BMWCCA
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 04-23-2013, 05:40 PM
kscarrol kscarrol is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Orleans
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 526
Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
Have to agree w/ Capobranco. OP posts a car for sale in the forum with a price which is highly unusual. Don't think it is beyond reason to ask for some explanation given what an unusually good price it is relative to comparable cars. The answer should easy for OP to provide, something beyond it is what it is...
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 04-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,882
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
The man offered the car for sale on this forum, it's not much of a stretch to assume he understands the circumstances surrounding this opportunity.
He also stated that he's not the salesperson, he just posted the window sticker. Thus a call to the dealer to ask a real salesperson the nature of that window sticker should be obvious, I would guess.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 04-23-2013, 06:46 PM
Keyser Soze's Avatar
Keyser Soze Keyser Soze is offline
just like that, he's gone
Location: Northern California
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,456
Mein Auto: 2013 535
maybe it had 600 miles on it or something and was a dealer demo, or maybe not.
__________________
2013 F10 535i M-Sport, Sophisto Grau, 6-speed MT
2011 E90 335i Sport, Jet Black, Sport Auto, Performance Edition
2002 E46 330i Sport, Jet Black, 5-speed MT, lots of upgrades
2001 E46 330Ci Sport, Steel Grey, 5-speed MT....and more

Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 04-23-2013, 06:50 PM
kscarrol kscarrol is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Orleans
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 526
Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
He may not be the salesperson but he clearly works at the dealership. He has photos of the car fresh off the truck, in a storage area and he knows of two more frozen editions inbound. He has access to "inside" information! We're only asking him to share a little of it...

And I doubt the 600 miles demo scenario. Car was shown fresh off the truck with shipping blocks and wrapping still in place...
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 04-23-2013, 07:01 PM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,825
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
How he can answer why the sticker is printed the way it is? Just call the damn dealer and ask yourself if you are looking for real answers...
Finally, someone understands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
The man offered the car for sale on this forum, it's not much of a stretch to assume he understands the circumstances surrounding this opportunity.
And that's where it ends. I posted an opportunity for you people. I'll make sure to never do that again. My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Have to agree w/ Capobranco. OP posts a car for sale in the forum with a price which is highly unusual. Don't think it is beyond reason to ask for some explanation given what an unusually good price it is relative to comparable cars. The answer should easy for OP to provide, something beyond it is what it is...
I'll be sure BMW calls me the next time it wants to price its cars. Ridiculous. This one seemed to have slipped through the cracks. I promise it won't happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
He may not be the salesperson but he clearly works at the dealership. He has photos of the car fresh off the truck, in a storage area and he knows of two more frozen editions inbound. He has access to "inside" information! We're only asking him to share a little of it...

And I doubt the 600 miles demo scenario. Car was shown fresh off the truck with shipping blocks and wrapping still in place...
I thought I stated that two pages ago?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 04-23-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 04-23-2013, 07:06 PM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,825
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300ZHP View Post
Nice to see you sold it Hot/Ice. It looks like I have a deal in place to get another M3 myself. A Jerez black over black M3 coupe fully loaded with every option. I ll know by the end of the day if I am taking it.
Congrats. Enjoy in good health!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms