Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
The window stickers with unexplained pricing raises the questions. Refusals to answer these questions only raises more. Alas "...The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
Old 04-23-2013, 08:01 PM
Re-Badged

Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
The window stickers with unexplained pricing raises the questions. Refusals to answer these questions only raises more. Alas "...The lady doth protest too much, methinks."
We're going around in circles. I can't answer the question because I don't know why! Do I look like I'm the guy that priced it? Do you really think BMW comes to me and says,

"Mo, do you think we should price this Frozen Blue M3 at $67,995? Yes? Ok! Then it's a deal!"

How hard is that to understand people? I mean, really? I said before, I'M ONLY THE MESSENGER. Why would I refuse to answer a question that would help sell the car to an owner that would actually take care of it? I've said this numerous times in this thread. Come on folks. I really had higher hopes we'd be able to connect the dots here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 04-23-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
.... I can't answer the question because I don't know why! .....
OK - that is an answer.

For the record, I did place a call, but I did not receive a call back. I will try the dealership again tomorrow about the incoming frozen white cars.

Moreover, I also placed a call to a friend who is a manager at another BMW dealership and shared with him the sticker of the blue car you posted, and he did not have a clue as to why the "frozen" edition was a no cost option. The sticker only raised more questions in his mind.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Re-Badged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
OK - that is an answer.

For the record, I did place a call, but I did not receive a call back. I will try the dealership again tomorrow about the incoming frozen white cars.

Moreover, I also placed a call to a friend who is a manager at another BMW dealership and shared with him the sticker of the blue car you posted, and he did not have a clue as to why the "frozen" edition was a no cost option. The sticker only raised more questions in his mind.
The sales team won't know anything about the upcoming Frozen white cars. They haven't hit production yet. No VIN has been provided.

P.S. The answer was clear from the beginning. People here were just too stubborn to see it. How should I know why BMW decided to price it the way they did? Do I look like I work in Germany or am even remotely close to working at their marketing department at HQ? I provided a BMW sticker....To find the real answer to your question, you need to call BMW HQ. They should know.
Quote:

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 04-23-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:43 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 M4
2013 BMW Frozen Blue M3

When I ordered my Z4 M Coupe, the extended leather option was >$1000 (can't remember the exact #), but when the dealer entered into the system to order - it came back as "included" - so I ordered and got a free extended leather upgrade.

BMW fixed the error the following week, but honored my order with extended leather for free.

Sometimes it's just a mistake and someone gets a great deal!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
2012 135i
2011 1M
2007 Z4 M

2012 535i (retired)
2011 535i (retired)
2009 135i (retired)
2008 535i (retired)
2008 335i (retired)
2008 M3 Vert (retired)
2006 750Li (retired)
2006 X3 (retired)
2006 650i Vert (retired)
2005 645i (retired)
2004 745Li (retired)
2004 M3 Vert (retired)
2000 323 cic (retired)
1996 318 ti (retired)
1994 318 cic (retired)
Old 04-24-2013, 04:09 AM
Eye of the Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=hot|ice=- View Post
...to find the real answer to your question, you need to call bmw hq. They should know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=hot|ice=- View Post
..... I really had higher hopes we'd be able to connect the dots here.
+1

Last edited by Capobranco; 04-24-2013 at 04:42 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:31 PM

Mein Auto: '11 M3 Coupe
This has become an epic thread. Hopefully, there are answers.

'11 M3 Coupe
'10 335i xDrive - Will be missed
Old 04-24-2013, 10:18 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
The price difference can't be due to content. It's that this dealer has choosen to not add the "Frozen edition" price to the car of some reason. The local dealer here has a Frozen blue with near identical specs except for having the DCT. The car is > $80k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Correct, as I mentioned this dealer has decided to mark that as included instead of listing it's price of $15400. Pretty nice giveaway, unheard of really. I can also say that the Frozen blue M3 I saw gathered more interrest than any other car at the dealer which also has a multitude of M6s, M5s, Gran Coupes etc. from that point it seems very generous to sell these at around 20% discount. The guy who bought it must be smiling ear to ear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Have to agree w/ Capobranco. OP posts a car for sale in the forum with a price which is highly unusual. Don't think it is beyond reason to ask for some explanation given what an unusually good price it is relative to comparable cars. The answer should easy for OP to provide, something beyond it is what it is...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
maybe it had 600 miles on it or something and was a dealer demo, or maybe not.
You guys seem not to understand how Monroney MSRP stickers work. The dealer has NOTHING to do with printing the Monroney sticker. It is printed and applied by BMWNA at the VDC. The dealer has no say in what prices get posted to the Monroney MSRP sticker.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **
Old 04-24-2013, 10:43 PM
Re-Badged

2013 BMW Frozen Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
You guys seem not to understand how Monroney MSRP stickers work. The dealer has NOTHING to do with printing the Monroney sticker. It is printed and applied by BMWNA at the VDC. The dealer has no say in what prices get posted to the Monroney MSRP sticker.
I needed you to say that three pages ago.

Quote:
Old 04-24-2013, 11:39 PM

Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
But MSRP is still just that, a recommendation so if the dealer suspects a mistake they can make any adjustment they see fit up or down, right? So in the end it's the dealer that sets the final sales price and any giveaway included not BMW NA.

Last edited by solstice; 04-25-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:03 PM

Mein Auto: BMW M3 E46 Unlimited slip
This looks Pretty sick!! Pop On some hankooks, tint the glass and drop it 3 inches and this would look nicer!!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Re-Badged

2013 BMW Frozen Blue M3

Looky what came in Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1366926626.654547.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	373078

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1366926614.102527.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	373077  
Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Re-Badged

2013 BMW Frozen Blue M3

Pics when it gets cleaned.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 03:13 PM
Estoril Blue Black Nappa

Mein Auto: 2005 M3
Is the base color for the frozen blue Monte Carlo Blue?

Old 04-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Eye of the Wolf

I enjoy owning and driving BMWs – I have owned 7 BMWs and have purchased 5 in the last four years. I anticipate buying many more in the future. It’s self-evident that I would be interested in the circumstances of the deals proffered by the OP. Moreover, I live less than 30 minutes from the dealership in question. Dispassionately rereading this thread – it pains me to see the contradiction and obfuscation.

The OP in the first 2 posts sets the stage and posts an alluring frozen blue M3.

OP then posts that the car is available for sale at an unheard of price. – OP uses terms such as “real deal” and requests those interested to PM him. Moreover, OP is intimate with the details of the transaction that was not consummated. OP posts the equipment of the car in question and reasserts the legitimacy of the deal and the dealership. At this point – any reasonable person would assume that the OP is a salesman

Given the OP’s intimate knowledge of the car and the “deal”, it is reasonable to assume that the OP could shed some light as to why the sticker would list “frozen”, a $15 K option, as “included”.

Questions are posed and the OP, defensively, counters with the “patriot” defense. That is, OP has posted more than 1000 posts, has been a participant of Bimmerfest for 5 years and the dealership is one of the largest etc., but does not answer the question. OP authoritatively states further that the dealership is offering all applicable BMW incentives to the buyer. Bottom line – the OP appears to be actively soliciting a sale.

A poster suggests a plausible explanation for the sticker anomaly. OP responds in one word “Exactly” with no elaboration. Given the prior defense and the context, a one word answer only serves to raise further questions. The OP posts that the dealership is expecting 2 additional white frozen editions and the price of one of them is $71K. One frozen edition – very improbably – could be an error, but now two frozen editions represent a trend.

After more questions and discussion, we learn that the OP is not a salesman but just a “messenger”. OP protests that he has not been understood, and that questions should be referred to the sales manager who could offer further information. Indeed, OP states the obvious that he is not responsible for the printing of the sticker and reaffirms all we had to do was call the “damn dealer” and ask if we wanted “real” answers.

To pointed direct questions OP posts “And that's where it ends. I posted an opportunity for you people. I'll make sure to never do that again. My bad.” OP posts several emotional remarks that offer no new information and reaffirms that “ I Am Only the Messenger”. In direct contradiction to the “Exactly” scenario above, the OP now states “I can't answer the question because I don't know why!” – so “Exactly” is not “Exactly”. You can draw your own conclusions.

I posted that I would be following up my prior unanswered call to the dealership with another the next day. In direct contradiction to prior statements, the OP responds “The sales team won't know anything about the upcoming Frozen white cars.” OP added “To find the real answer to your question, you need to call BMW HQ. They should know.”

So this is where we find ourselves – we knew nothing at the beginning of this thread and after four pages of posts we still know very little. We do know that the OP is only the messenger and that neither he nor the dealership can provide further illumination. Questions regarding the sticker will only be answered by BMWNA.

So I agree....

Quote:
.... I really had higher hopes we'd be able to connect the dots here.
+1
Old 04-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Re-Badged

2013 BMW Frozen Blue M3

Got a message from the owner of the Frozen Blue M3. He's enjoying the car, as he should be.

Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 05:09 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
Quote:
Looky what came in Attachment 373078

So is this one of the two inbound you spoke of earlier? Still expecting one with a sticker of $71k?
Old 04-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Estoril Blue Black Nappa

Mein Auto: 2005 M3
So if you look at the window stickers for these two cars,according to the OP BMW just made a mistake and did not add the $15,400 for the frozen blue color,the frozen white shows the $15,400 price.How could BMW make this kind of mistake?

Old 04-25-2013, 05:51 PM
Re-Badged

Quote:
So is this one of the two inbound you spoke of earlier? Still expecting one with a sticker of $71k?
This is one of the two. The other one will go into production tomorrow. I'm told it's getting a ton of M Performance parts installed.
Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 05:52 PM
Re-Badged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades View Post
So if you look at the window stickers for these two cars,according to the OP BMW just made a mistake and did not add the $15,400 for the frozen blue color,the frozen white shows the $15,400 price.How could BMW make this kind of mistake?

Got the new moroni today. Not that it matters. Car is sold.
Quote:

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 04-25-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 Q5 3.0T / 2012 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades View Post
Could be a million reasons but here is a couple I came up with:
- Someone's first day at the job and messed up and didn't check the build sheet
- Someone at VDC had a bad burrito for lunch and got the runs... and hit print too soon before checking all the boxes for options
- Because Obama
- A glitch in the order system that was subsequently corrected
- The tooth fairy visited and magically changed the window sticker at night
- It's a vast conspiracy involving the OP and the entire dealer he works for to annoy Capobranco

You decide which is more plausible
Old 04-25-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Got the new moroni today. Not that it matters. Car is sold.
New moroni today? For the frozen blue that is already sold? If so, just curious what the real MSRP was...
Old 04-25-2013, 06:07 PM

Quote:
This is one of the two. The other one will go into production tomorrow. I'm told it's getting a ton of M Performance parts installed.
Your earlier post indicated that these two frozen white cars were 5-6 weeks out and had not hit production yet...
Old 04-25-2013, 06:07 PM
Re-Badged

Quote:
New moroni today? For the frozen blue that is already sold? If so, just curious what the real MSRP was...
Yup. The MSRP on the Frozen Blue with the paint was $79,045.

Quote:
Your earlier post indicated that these two frozen white cars were 5-6 weeks out and had not hit production yet...
We got this one from another dealership in NY. Also known as a 'Dealer Trade' or 'DX'
Quote:

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 04-25-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Yup. The MSRP on the Frozen Blue with the paint was $79,045.

Thanks! That's more like it...

We got this one from another dealership in NY. Also known as a 'Dealer Trade' or 'DX'

Gotcha, thought you had two ordered for inventory!
Appreciate the info...