Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 04-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Shades's Avatar
Shades Shades is offline
Estoril Blue Black Nappa
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 358
Mein Auto: 2005 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Got the new moroni today. Not that it matters. Car is sold.
So BMW isn't able to come back and charge your dealership the $15,400,for the updated price that they have now provided?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 04-25-2013, 06:43 PM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,825
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades View Post
So BMW isn't able to come back and charge your dealership the $15,400,for the updated price that they have now provided?
No. It was their mistake. They put the wrong Moroni on the car.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 04-25-2013, 06:52 PM
Shades's Avatar
Shades Shades is offline
Estoril Blue Black Nappa
Location: Toronto
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 358
Mein Auto: 2005 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
No. It was their mistake. They put the wrong Moroni on the car.
OK,thanks for the info.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 04-25-2013, 07:09 PM
enigma's Avatar
enigma enigma is offline
Fight On!
Location: San Diego
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,537
Mein Auto: BMW M3, Z4 M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
New moroni today? For the frozen blue that is already sold? If so, just curious what the real MSRP was...
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Yup. The MSRP on the Frozen Blue with the paint was $79,045.

Wait... I am so confused. The real MSRP on the new printout of the already sold Frozen Blue M3 is $79k, not the initially reported $68k?

So, why the discrepancy? I thought the Monroney sticker was fixed and couldn't be changed.

By the way, isn't the OP soliciting sales on the forum without being a "forum sponsor"? It was one thing to post a good deal for everyone's benefits, but if he works for the dealership, that's another matter all together.
__________________

BMW CCA Member #xx4477
2006 Z4 M Coupe (e86) 6MT
2013 M3 Coupe (e92) 6MT
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 04-25-2013, 07:31 PM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,825
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
Wait... I am so confused. The real MSRP on the new printout of the already sold Frozen Blue M3 is $79k, not the initially reported $68k?

So, why the discrepancy? I thought the Monroney sticker was fixed and couldn't be changed.

By the way, isn't the OP soliciting sales on the forum without being a "forum sponsor"? It was one thing to post a good deal for everyone's benefits, but if he works for the dealership, that's another matter all together.
New Monroney Sticker was sent to us from the port. Doesn't make a difference. The car was sold.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 04-25-2013, 07:33 PM
M3alloveragain M3alloveragain is offline
Registered User
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: 2010 m3
2013 BMW Frozen Blue M3

Hot ice are you saying that the new one is comin in for 71k and has m performance parts and the frozen color sound unbelievable to me . Can u confirm?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 04-25-2013, 08:02 PM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,825
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3alloveragain View Post
Hot ice are you saying that the new one is comin in for 71k and has m performance parts and the frozen color sound unbelievable to me . Can u confirm?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
No. 71k was without the performance parts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 04-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Capobranco's Avatar
Capobranco Capobranco is offline
Eye of the Wolf
Location: Potomac, Maryland
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,433
Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
delete
__________________
BMWCCA

Last edited by Capobranco; 04-26-2013 at 02:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 04-26-2013, 02:15 AM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,940
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Got the new Monroney today. Not that it matters. Car is sold.


This ended up being quite a double error and not a giveaway...

Last edited by Technic; 04-26-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 04-26-2013, 07:45 AM
solstice solstice is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,327
Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
[QUOTE=Technic;7544942]

This ended up being quite a double error and not a giveaway... [/QUOTE

Well that's your interpretation. Mine is that the dealer knew all along it was an error on the sticker and decided to not correct it to get a quick sale and stick the bill to BMW NA. I like a good deal as much as anyone else but I also want a clean deal which IMO this was not.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 04-26-2013, 08:08 AM
kscarrol kscarrol is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Orleans
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 533
Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
What I'm really curious about is the actual sale price. We know what the sticker said but this is clearly a high volume dealer that has dealt with frozen edition cars before. I just wonder if they sold it for $68k or marked up to something closer to the correct price.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 04-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,940
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
[QUOTE=solstice;7545275]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post


This ended up being quite a double error and not a giveaway... [/QUOTE

Well that's your interpretation. Mine is that the dealer knew all along it was an error on the sticker and decided to not correct it to get a quick sale and stick the bill to BMW NA. I like a good deal as much as anyone else but I also want a clean deal which IMO this was not.
I said "double" because apparently there is another Frozen edition coming below the MSRP.

The only way for the dealer to "stick" anything to BMWNA is for BMWNA to bill the dealer for their mistake(s) first. If anything, you are correct in saying that the dealer did know that this was an error all along but sold the car anyways at the incorrect price because they did not pay the correct amount for that car to begin with.

Again, the only thing that the dealer should have done to correct this on their own was to add their ADM sticker to the car with $15400 extra charge there. But they did not because it was not their money.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 04-26-2013, 12:09 PM
solstice solstice is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,327
Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
[QUOTE=Technic;7545767]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post

I said "double" because apparently there is another Frozen edition coming below the MSRP.

The only way for the dealer to "stick" anything to BMWNA is for BMWNA to bill the dealer for their mistake(s) first. If anything, you are correct in saying that the dealer did know that this was an error all along but sold the car anyways at the incorrect price because they did not pay the correct amount for that car to begin with.

Again, the only thing that the dealer should have done to correct this on their own was to add their ADM sticker to the car with $15400 extra charge there. But they did not because it was not their money.
Correct, it was not their money which means BMW NA is stuck with the bill for their own mistake. If I were them though I would have a pretty serious talk with the dealer since there is no way this mistake was not apparent and I don't know what answer would be worse " uhmm don't expect us to know the price of what we sell down to the 15000s" or we knew and took advantage of you. The dealer and BMW need to be close partners and this is not really acceptable partner behavior IMO.

Last edited by solstice; 04-26-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 04-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Capobranco's Avatar
Capobranco Capobranco is offline
Eye of the Wolf
Location: Potomac, Maryland
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,433
Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
New Monroney Sticker was sent to us from the port. Doesn't make a difference. The car was sold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
No. It was their mistake. They put the wrong Moroni on the car.
Yeah, the customer is no doubt enjoying his new car, but it does make a difference - the end does not justify the means. Dealership's moral compass is adrift, as is the OP's, to the extent he is in accord with the transaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post


This ended up being quite a double error and not a giveaway...
Well that's your interpretation. Mine is that the dealer knew all along it was an error on the sticker and decided to not correct it to get a quick sale and stick the bill to BMW NA. I like a good deal as much as anyone else but I also want a clean deal which IMO this was not.
+1 your post reflects my thoughts - you beat me to it. Moreover, this is not a "victim-less" transaction with only winners. I feel sorry for the poor guy who is making little more than minimum wage who missed a key stroke on the sticker. Given the transaction has been consummated, he will most likely be reprimanded or fired. Furthermore, to the extent BMWNA is taking the lost, that lost will be passed on to us - buyers of BMWs. The dealership made a handsome quick profit - the salesman made his commission - and we pay for their gluttony. Too bad this was not a banking error. If a bank made a $15k mistake in the dealer's favor, the dealership would not entitled to that money, and they would be obligated to make the bank whole. This entire affair sadly reaffirms the general perception in the DC community, and my experience, that this is a dicey dealership. Dicey is as dicey does.
__________________
BMWCCA

Last edited by Capobranco; 04-26-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 04-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,940
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
[QUOTE=solstice;7545805]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post

Correct, it was not their money which means BMW NA is stuck with the bill for their own mistake. If I were them though I would have a pretty serious talk with the dealer since there is no way this mistake was not apparent and I don't know what answer would be worse " uhmm don't expect us to know the price of what we sell down to the 15000s" or we knew and took advantage of you. The dealer and BMW need to be close partners and this is not really acceptable partner behavior IMO.
That's the reason that my only guess on all this was some sort of EOP "clearing house", because no way BMWNA and the dealer both can just see the sticker and their internal accounting system and just dismiss $15,400 right away... all the way to the sticker at the dealer's lot.

To me this "discount" had to be intentional because at least the dealer should have noticed the error even before the car arriving to the lot -they are seeing it in their system ahead of time. The same way they are apparently seeing the second Frozen one coming at $71,000.

So yes, the dealer just was there as a not-involved party in all this. But then again, after many BMW's owned I can say that most BMW dealers are not-involved parties of BMWAG...
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 04-26-2013, 01:41 PM
solstice solstice is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,327
Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post

That's the reason that my only guess on all this was some sort of EOP "clearing house", because no way BMWNA and the dealer both can just see the sticker and their internal accounting system and just dismiss $15,400 right away... all the way to the sticker at the dealer's lot.

To me this "discount" had to be intentional because at least the dealer should have noticed the error even before the car arriving to the lot -they are seeing it in their system ahead of time. The same way they are apparently seeing the second Frozen one coming at $71,000.

So yes, the dealer just was there as a not-involved party in all this. But then again, after many BMW's owned I can say that most BMW dealers are not-involved parties of BMWAG...
BMW NA printed and sent a corrected sticker when they realized the mistake. The dealer choose to take advantage of the mistake to get a quick sale. That's the only explanation I see that stands up to the information we have. An EOP clearing would not need a corrected sticker.

Last edited by solstice; 04-26-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 04-26-2013, 02:52 PM
kscarrol kscarrol is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: New Orleans
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 533
Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
Again, i would love to hear the actual sale price as I can see the dealer charging something closer to the actual $79k MSRP, likely by charging for "dealer added accessories" such as the black wheels etc...
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 04-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Technic's Avatar
Technic Technic is offline
Test... 1, 2 ,3
Location: Florida
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 4,940
Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
BMW NA printed and sent a corrected sticker when they realized the mistake. The dealer choose to take advantage of the mistake to get a quick sale. That's the only explanation I see that stands up to the information we have. An EOP clearing would not need a corrected sticker.
Yes, we are saying the same thing.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 04-26-2013, 08:10 PM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,825
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
Yeah, the customer is no doubt enjoying his new car, but it does make a difference - the end does not justify the means. Dealership's moral compass is adrift, as is the OP's, to the extent he is in accord with the transaction.



+1 your post reflects my thoughts - you beat me to it. Moreover, this is not a "victim-less" transaction with only winners. I feel sorry for the poor guy who is making little more than minimum wage who missed a key stroke on the sticker. Given the transaction has been consummated, he will most likely be reprimanded or fired. Furthermore, to the extent BMWNA is taking the lost, that lost will be passed on to us - buyers of BMWs. The dealership made a handsome quick profit - the salesman made his commission - and we pay for their gluttony. Too bad this was not a banking error. If a bank made a $15k mistake in the dealer's favor, the dealership would not entitled to that money, and they would be obligated to make the bank whole. This entire affair sadly reaffirms the general perception in the DC community, and my experience, that this is a dicey dealership. Dicey is as dicey does.

I'm in accordance with the transaction? How am I in accordance with the transaction if I didn't sell it? I was as shocked as everyone here.(Hence the post). Copo, you're starting to randomly say things for the hell of saying them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 04-26-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 04-26-2013, 08:13 PM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,825
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
BMW NA printed and sent a corrected sticker when they realized the mistake. The dealer choose to take advantage of the mistake to get a quick sale. That's the only explanation I see that stands up to the information we have. An EOP clearing would not need a corrected sticker.
But it was sent late. I'm no salesman or manager, I'm just tech support. Well delivery support.


P.S. I got my LED lights put in. SEXY AS HELL.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 04-26-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #121  
Old 04-26-2013, 08:45 PM
solstice solstice is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Seattle
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,327
Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
But it was sent late. I'm no salesman or manager, I'm just tech support. Well delivery support.


P.S. I got my LED lights put in. SEXY AS HELL.
I'm not really blaming you HI, you conveyed a stellar deal to fellow bimmerfesters but we could see how you tip-toed around the circumstances. As I said I would personally not be comfortable participating in this transaction but others were free to make up their own mind. It's more of a moral issue than legal for the buyer and everyones tolerance is different. I do hope though that the unusual posting here was to share a potential deal and not a plead from dealer management to help move this car quickly before the mistake was discovered by BMW NA. And you don't need or should answer that.

Last edited by solstice; 04-26-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 04-26-2013, 09:23 PM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,825
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
I'm not really blaming you HI, you conveyed a stellar deal to fellow bimmerfesters but we could see how you tip-toed around the circumstances. As I said I would personally not be comfortable participating in this transaction but others were free to make up their own mind. It's more of a moral issue than legal for the buyer and everyones tolerance is different. I do hope though that the unusual posting here was to share a potential deal and not a plead from dealer management to help move this car quickly before the mistake was discovered by BMW NA. And you don't need or should answer that.
I'll answer it because like I said before(and many other times in this thread), I was as amazed as you guys were at the price. I didn't know there was a mix up. I saw a deal and wanted to share it with the community. I haven't 'tip-toed' around anything. The person who picked it up saw it long before it was posted up here.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 04-26-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 04-26-2013, 11:29 PM
Capobranco's Avatar
Capobranco Capobranco is offline
Eye of the Wolf
Location: Potomac, Maryland
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,433
Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
I'm in accordance with the transaction? How am I in accordance with the transaction if I didn't sell it? I was as shocked as everyone here.(Hence the post). Copo, you're starting to randomly say things for the hell of saying them.
Nope - you need to read my post more carefully. I have mightily tried to be measured in my remarks. If you know anything about me here, you know I usually do not shy away from the use of hyperbole and satire. As I said many times, I did not want to play a parlor game here - I seriously wanted to understand the nature and circumstances of this transaction - I buy a lot of cars. Your posts have been anything but clear.

Your actions and words seemingly were those of a salesman - but you said you were only a "messenger". You directly contradicted yourself as to the ultimate nature of the sticker and offered no explanation when contradictions were presented to you. At the very least you appeared to be an enabler. At this moment, I remain confused.

Indeed, out of utter frustration, I tried to dispassionately clearly state in a lengthy post, what I considered to be your contradictions and obfuscation. That post was an invitation for you to set the record straight. I was pleading with you to hold my feet to the fire - here is the record, as I understand it - please set the record straight.

Please note - even in the face of your very provocative "you people" emotional language - I tried to stay on course. Indeed, I thought you were baiting me. I did not and do not want to argue - I just wanted answers and you were not handling questions put to you in a forth right manner which reinforced a seemingly "slick" persona. No one wants to be played as a fool.

We both live in Potomac, little than a mile apart. Potomac is not that large and there are very few M3s. It's inevitable we are going to run into each other at the Village Starbucks - when it happens, I hope we could cordially talk BMWs and M3s and maybe even share a laugh.
__________________
BMWCCA

Last edited by Capobranco; 04-27-2013 at 05:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 04-27-2013, 06:01 AM
M3alloveragain M3alloveragain is offline
Registered User
Location: Maryland
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 9
Mein Auto: 2010 m3
2013 BMW Frozen Blue M3

On another note, do you have the stickers on the new car that you mentioned (frozen white)?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 04-27-2013, 09:00 AM
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar
-=Hot|Ice=- -=Hot|Ice=- is offline
Re-Badged
Location: MD
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,825
Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
2013 BMW Frozen Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3alloveragain View Post
On another note, do you have the stickers on the new car that you mentioned (frozen white)?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1367078414.436383.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	373302


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAudio
In the words of one of Bimmerfest's greatest minds:"Been there, done that"
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Forum Navigation
Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
Today's Posts Search
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2001-2011 performanceIX, Inc. All Rights Reserved .: guidelines .:. privacy .:. terms