Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Estoril Blue Black Nappa

Mein Auto: 2005 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
Got the new moroni today. Not that it matters. Car is sold.
So BMW isn't able to come back and charge your dealership the $15,400,for the updated price that they have now provided?
Old 04-25-2013, 06:43 PM
Re-Badged

Mein Auto: 2015 C63 AMG S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shades View Post
So BMW isn't able to come back and charge your dealership the $15,400,for the updated price that they have now provided?
No. It was their mistake. They put the wrong Moroni on the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
Half the fun of succeeding in life is fighting the fight and making it.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:52 PM
Estoril Blue Black Nappa

Mein Auto: 2005 M3
Quote:
OK,thanks for the info.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:09 PM
Fight On!

Mein Auto: BMW M3, Z4 M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
New moroni today? For the frozen blue that is already sold? If so, just curious what the real MSRP was...
Quote:
Yup. The MSRP on the Frozen Blue with the paint was $79,045.

Wait... I am so confused. The real MSRP on the new printout of the already sold Frozen Blue M3 is $79k, not the initially reported $68k?

So, why the discrepancy? I thought the Monroney sticker was fixed and couldn't be changed.

By the way, isn't the OP soliciting sales on the forum without being a "forum sponsor"? It was one thing to post a good deal for everyone's benefits, but if he works for the dealership, that's another matter all together.

BMW CCA Member #xx4477
2006 Z4 M Coupe (e86) 6MT
2013 M3 Coupe (e92) 6MT
Old 04-25-2013, 07:31 PM
Re-Badged

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
Wait... I am so confused. The real MSRP on the new printout of the already sold Frozen Blue M3 is $79k, not the initially reported $68k?

So, why the discrepancy? I thought the Monroney sticker was fixed and couldn't be changed.

By the way, isn't the OP soliciting sales on the forum without being a "forum sponsor"? It was one thing to post a good deal for everyone's benefits, but if he works for the dealership, that's another matter all together.
New Monroney Sticker was sent to us from the port. Doesn't make a difference. The car was sold.
Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 07:33 PM

Mein Auto: 2010 m3
2013 BMW Frozen Blue M3

Hot ice are you saying that the new one is comin in for 71k and has m performance parts and the frozen color sound unbelievable to me . Can u confirm?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-25-2013, 08:02 PM
Re-Badged

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3alloveragain View Post
Hot ice are you saying that the new one is comin in for 71k and has m performance parts and the frozen color sound unbelievable to me . Can u confirm?

No. 71k was without the performance parts.
Quote:
Old 04-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
delete

Last edited by Capobranco; 04-26-2013 at 02:00 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:15 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2012 M3 - 2014 528i
Quote:
Got the new Monroney today. Not that it matters. Car is sold.

This ended up being quite a double error and not a giveaway...

Last edited by Technic; 04-26-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
[QUOTE=Technic;7544942]

This ended up being quite a double error and not a giveaway... [/QUOTE

Well that's your interpretation. Mine is that the dealer knew all along it was an error on the sticker and decided to not correct it to get a quick sale and stick the bill to BMW NA. I like a good deal as much as anyone else but I also want a clean deal which IMO this was not.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:08 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
What I'm really curious about is the actual sale price. We know what the sticker said but this is clearly a high volume dealer that has dealt with frozen edition cars before. I just wonder if they sold it for $68k or marked up to something closer to the correct price.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

[QUOTE=solstice;7545275]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post

This ended up being quite a double error and not a giveaway... [/QUOTE

Well that's your interpretation. Mine is that the dealer knew all along it was an error on the sticker and decided to not correct it to get a quick sale and stick the bill to BMW NA. I like a good deal as much as anyone else but I also want a clean deal which IMO this was not.
I said "double" because apparently there is another Frozen edition coming below the MSRP.

The only way for the dealer to "stick" anything to BMWNA is for BMWNA to bill the dealer for their mistake(s) first. If anything, you are correct in saying that the dealer did know that this was an error all along but sold the car anyways at the incorrect price because they did not pay the correct amount for that car to begin with.

Again, the only thing that the dealer should have done to correct this on their own was to add their ADM sticker to the car with $15400 extra charge there. But they did not because it was not their money.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:09 PM

[QUOTE=Technic;7545767]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post

I said "double" because apparently there is another Frozen edition coming below the MSRP.

The only way for the dealer to "stick" anything to BMWNA is for BMWNA to bill the dealer for their mistake(s) first. If anything, you are correct in saying that the dealer did know that this was an error all along but sold the car anyways at the incorrect price because they did not pay the correct amount for that car to begin with.

Again, the only thing that the dealer should have done to correct this on their own was to add their ADM sticker to the car with $15400 extra charge there. But they did not because it was not their money.
Correct, it was not their money which means BMW NA is stuck with the bill for their own mistake. If I were them though I would have a pretty serious talk with the dealer since there is no way this mistake was not apparent and I don't know what answer would be worse " uhmm don't expect us to know the price of what we sell down to the 15000s" or we knew and took advantage of you. The dealer and BMW need to be close partners and this is not really acceptable partner behavior IMO.

Last edited by solstice; 04-26-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Quote:
New Monroney Sticker was sent to us from the port. Doesn't make a difference. The car was sold.
Quote:
Yeah, the customer is no doubt enjoying his new car, but it does make a difference - the end does not justify the means. Dealership's moral compass is adrift, as is the OP's, to the extent he is in accord with the transaction.

Quote:
Quote:

This ended up being quite a double error and not a giveaway...
+1 your post reflects my thoughts - you beat me to it. Moreover, this is not a "victim-less" transaction with only winners. I feel sorry for the poor guy who is making little more than minimum wage who missed a key stroke on the sticker. Given the transaction has been consummated, he will most likely be reprimanded or fired. Furthermore, to the extent BMWNA is taking the lost, that lost will be passed on to us - buyers of BMWs. The dealership made a handsome quick profit - the salesman made his commission - and we pay for their gluttony. Too bad this was not a banking error. If a bank made a $15k mistake in the dealer's favor, the dealership would not entitled to that money, and they would be obligated to make the bank whole. This entire affair sadly reaffirms the general perception in the DC community, and my experience, that this is a dicey dealership. Dicey is as dicey does.

Last edited by Capobranco; 04-26-2013 at 06:58 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

[QUOTE=solstice;7545805]
Quote:

Correct, it was not their money which means BMW NA is stuck with the bill for their own mistake. If I were them though I would have a pretty serious talk with the dealer since there is no way this mistake was not apparent and I don't know what answer would be worse " uhmm don't expect us to know the price of what we sell down to the 15000s" or we knew and took advantage of you. The dealer and BMW need to be close partners and this is not really acceptable partner behavior IMO.
That's the reason that my only guess on all this was some sort of EOP "clearing house", because no way BMWNA and the dealer both can just see the sticker and their internal accounting system and just dismiss $15,400 right away... all the way to the sticker at the dealer's lot.

To me this "discount" had to be intentional because at least the dealer should have noticed the error even before the car arriving to the lot -they are seeing it in their system ahead of time. The same way they are apparently seeing the second Frozen one coming at $71,000.

So yes, the dealer just was there as a not-involved party in all this. But then again, after many BMW's owned I can say that most BMW dealers are not-involved parties of BMWAG...
Old 04-26-2013, 01:41 PM

Quote:

That's the reason that my only guess on all this was some sort of EOP "clearing house", because no way BMWNA and the dealer both can just see the sticker and their internal accounting system and just dismiss $15,400 right away... all the way to the sticker at the dealer's lot.

To me this "discount" had to be intentional because at least the dealer should have noticed the error even before the car arriving to the lot -they are seeing it in their system ahead of time. The same way they are apparently seeing the second Frozen one coming at $71,000.

So yes, the dealer just was there as a not-involved party in all this. But then again, after many BMW's owned I can say that most BMW dealers are not-involved parties of BMWAG...
BMW NA printed and sent a corrected sticker when they realized the mistake. The dealer choose to take advantage of the mistake to get a quick sale. That's the only explanation I see that stands up to the information we have. An EOP clearing would not need a corrected sticker.

Last edited by solstice; 04-26-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2011 E90 M3
Again, i would love to hear the actual sale price as I can see the dealer charging something closer to the actual $79k MSRP, likely by charging for "dealer added accessories" such as the black wheels etc...
Old 04-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Quote:
BMW NA printed and sent a corrected sticker when they realized the mistake. The dealer choose to take advantage of the mistake to get a quick sale. That's the only explanation I see that stands up to the information we have. An EOP clearing would not need a corrected sticker.
Yes, we are saying the same thing.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Re-Badged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capobranco View Post
Yeah, the customer is no doubt enjoying his new car, but it does make a difference - the end does not justify the means. Dealership's moral compass is adrift, as is the OP's, to the extent he is in accord with the transaction.

+1 your post reflects my thoughts - you beat me to it. Moreover, this is not a "victim-less" transaction with only winners. I feel sorry for the poor guy who is making little more than minimum wage who missed a key stroke on the sticker. Given the transaction has been consummated, he will most likely be reprimanded or fired. Furthermore, to the extent BMWNA is taking the lost, that lost will be passed on to us - buyers of BMWs. The dealership made a handsome quick profit - the salesman made his commission - and we pay for their gluttony. Too bad this was not a banking error. If a bank made a $15k mistake in the dealer's favor, the dealership would not entitled to that money, and they would be obligated to make the bank whole. This entire affair sadly reaffirms the general perception in the DC community, and my experience, that this is a dicey dealership. Dicey is as dicey does.

I'm in accordance with the transaction? How am I in accordance with the transaction if I didn't sell it? I was as shocked as everyone here.(Hence the post). Copo, you're starting to randomly say things for the hell of saying them.
Quote:

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 04-26-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Re-Badged

Quote:
But it was sent late. I'm no salesman or manager, I'm just tech support. Well delivery support.

P.S. I got my LED lights put in. SEXY AS HELL.
Quote:

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 04-26-2013 at 08:18 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
But it was sent late. I'm no salesman or manager, I'm just tech support. Well delivery support.

P.S. I got my LED lights put in. SEXY AS HELL.
I'm not really blaming you HI, you conveyed a stellar deal to fellow bimmerfesters but we could see how you tip-toed around the circumstances. As I said I would personally not be comfortable participating in this transaction but others were free to make up their own mind. It's more of a moral issue than legal for the buyer and everyones tolerance is different. I do hope though that the unusual posting here was to share a potential deal and not a plead from dealer management to help move this car quickly before the mistake was discovered by BMW NA. And you don't need or should answer that.

Last edited by solstice; 04-26-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Re-Badged

Quote:
I'm not really blaming you HI, you conveyed a stellar deal to fellow bimmerfesters but we could see how you tip-toed around the circumstances. As I said I would personally not be comfortable participating in this transaction but others were free to make up their own mind. It's more of a moral issue than legal for the buyer and everyones tolerance is different. I do hope though that the unusual posting here was to share a potential deal and not a plead from dealer management to help move this car quickly before the mistake was discovered by BMW NA. And you don't need or should answer that.
I'll answer it because like I said before(and many other times in this thread), I was as amazed as you guys were at the price. I didn't know there was a mix up. I saw a deal and wanted to share it with the community. I haven't 'tip-toed' around anything. The person who picked it up saw it long before it was posted up here.
Quote:

Last edited by -=Hot|Ice=-; 04-26-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:29 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Quote:
I'm in accordance with the transaction? How am I in accordance with the transaction if I didn't sell it? I was as shocked as everyone here.(Hence the post). Copo, you're starting to randomly say things for the hell of saying them.
Nope - you need to read my post more carefully. I have mightily tried to be measured in my remarks. If you know anything about me here, you know I usually do not shy away from the use of hyperbole and satire. As I said many times, I did not want to play a parlor game here - I seriously wanted to understand the nature and circumstances of this transaction - I buy a lot of cars. Your posts have been anything but clear.

Your actions and words seemingly were those of a salesman - but you said you were only a "messenger". You directly contradicted yourself as to the ultimate nature of the sticker and offered no explanation when contradictions were presented to you. At the very least you appeared to be an enabler. At this moment, I remain confused.

Indeed, out of utter frustration, I tried to dispassionately clearly state in a lengthy post, what I considered to be your contradictions and obfuscation. That post was an invitation for you to set the record straight. I was pleading with you to hold my feet to the fire - here is the record, as I understand it - please set the record straight.

Please note - even in the face of your very provocative "you people" emotional language - I tried to stay on course. Indeed, I thought you were baiting me. I did not and do not want to argue - I just wanted answers and you were not handling questions put to you in a forth right manner which reinforced a seemingly "slick" persona. No one wants to be played as a fool.

We both live in Potomac, little than a mile apart. Potomac is not that large and there are very few M3s. It's inevitable we are going to run into each other at the Village Starbucks - when it happens, I hope we could cordially talk BMWs and M3s and maybe even share a laugh.

Last edited by Capobranco; 04-27-2013 at 05:20 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:01 AM

Mein Auto: 2010 m3
2013 BMW Frozen Blue M3

On another note, do you have the stickers on the new car that you mentioned (frozen white)?

Old 04-27-2013, 09:00 AM
Re-Badged

2013 BMW Frozen Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3alloveragain View Post
On another note, do you have the stickers on the new car that you mentioned (frozen white)?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1367078414.436383.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	373302

Quote: