Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:48 PM

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Future member of the E9x M3 club

Hey everyone,

I just sold my E60 535i that I bought in October of 2012. It was a beautiful car but I realized I do not need a sedan and I am sick of the turbos. Main reason I got rid of it was due to the fact the turbos were starting to leak. I did it the right way and explained that to the buyer and it did not seem to bother him considering I was selling it for so cheap.

Now that my E60 is gone I will be joining you folks with that beautiful NA V-8. I've wanted an M3 since I was 13 years old when I first laid eyes on the E46. Fast forward 10 years and thankfully I am fortunate enough to be in a position to buy one. I am probably going to be looking at '08's & '09's. Although there are not too many out there, my brother and I, are in the car business, and we are beginning to scour the wholesale market. I just wanted to get the opinions of M3 owners, what are some must have features? I realize it's not going to be the exact set up I want if I was purchasing it New, but want to get an idea of what to look for. I know I want to go with the M-double clutch as opposed to a 6-spd because I live in Chicago and a M/T is a huge pain to drive in the city. I know, I know, it's not a proper M3 without a M/T. Since it is going to be my DD I want some convenience with it. I am very excited about finding the perfect pre-owned M3 for myself. I look forward to joining the club and excited to hear everyone's feedback here!
Ads by Google
Old 04-10-2013, 03:38 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 MR M3
I ordered mine with all 2013 options so am a little biased but if I were looking used would need iDrive, EDC, and 19s. Maybe heated seats or CW pkg. since you are in ORD. I have DCT and it is amazing. You will not miss the MT once you realize the benefits of the transmission. This is coming from a person who has only had MT sports cars for 25 years or maybe I am just getting old and lazy...

Good luck with your search. Any E9x M3 is a good M3. Jeff
Old 04-11-2013, 11:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
I also have pretty much every option other than EDC/Perf pkg. The options I would miss the most would be the upgraded audio and the seats with the adjustable side bolsters other than that it would make for a truly great car even without the rest of options including the DCT. Regarding EDC I don't miss it since to me the "standard" suspension is pretty much perfect for road use, for serious track I would likely want it a bit stiffer either with EDC or coil overs. You can't really go wrong with this car, it needs no options and no options will ruin it or feel superfluous. Good luck!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:39 AM

Mein Auto: 2008 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
I also have pretty much every option other than EDC/Perf pkg. The options I would miss the most would be the upgraded audio and the seats with the adjustable side bolsters other than that it would make for a truly great car even without the rest of options including the DCT. Regarding EDC I don't miss it since to me the "standard" suspension is pretty much perfect for road use, for serious track I would likely want it a bit stiffer either with EDC or coil overs. You can't really go wrong with this car, it needs no options and no options will ruin it or feel superfluous. Good luck!
Yeah I am just hoping I can find the right one privately or on the wholesale market. After doing a little bit of searching I am finding there are so few out there in MY's I can afford right now. I am just hoping to find something relatively soon with the right mileage and color. Options will be a bonus but I just hope to find one that's not too beat up and I need to have MDCT.

I need it ASAP considering I am currently driving a Camry right now hehe
Old 04-11-2013, 03:07 PM
Eye of the Wolf

Mein Auto: M3 ZCP, X3 35i M Sport
I did not have the opportunity to order my car. I had about two weeks to find something I liked, and complete the transaction. Originally, my ideal car was an alpine white E92 , and my no compromise options were; CF roof, 6MT, and ZCP. Long story short, I ended up with a Silverstone E92 w/moon roof and DCT, but I did get ZCP ....and I adore my M3. In fact I now rationalize my car's configuration as being ideal - go figure. An M3 is kinda like that irreplaceable special puppy you brought home that you loved so dearly...but you could have brought home another puppy, that in the end, you would have loved just as much. There are no bad puppies, likewise, there are no bad M3s. I would not get too hung up about specific equipment - buy the lowest mileage, best condition car you can afford.

Last edited by Capobranco; 04-11-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Skype™ to jfox335i
Mein Auto: 2010 E90 M3
Mine is fully loaded. If I were to build one. I'd probably get all the same options, but if I was limited, I'd definitely choose tech package, enhanced sound, 6MT as must haves. I know how traffic can be rough with a manual, I live by Philly and have to take the PA turnpike everyday which is a hot mess. However, unlike the legacy I had which killed my leg and patience, the BMW 6MT is top notch and gives me no grief, even in the worse traffic. I've limped along for extended periods of time, and done the stop light to stop light march and neither is an issue. Smooth shifting, easy clutch, no fatigue. I'm just saying if the right car comes along and it's a manual, it's not as bad as you might think in traffic. It's not bad at all really.

BMWCCA #471315