Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > 3 Series / 4 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)

E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006 - 2013)
The E9X is the 4th evolution of the BMW 3 series including a highly tuned twin turbo 335i variant pushing out 300hp and 300 ft. lbs. of torque. BMW continues to show that it sets the bar for true driving performance! -- View the E9X Wiki

Old 04-11-2013, 10:03 PM

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
lowering advice 330i

Who's lowered their 330 and how does it ride . I want an inch and a half drop on a car with sport package.Coilovers , springs H&R / Eibach..whats your experience ?
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2013, 01:36 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 325i E92 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilio Parra View Post
Who's lowered their 330 and how does it ride . I want an inch and a half drop on a car with sport package.Coilovers , springs H&R / Eibach..whats your experience ?
There are so many variables it's difficult to make a definitive statement on this. Generally lowering will almost always cause a deterioration in ride quality, unless you pay top money for really high quality dampers. Of the popular springs, comments on the forums suggest H&R give a harder ride than Eibach.
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Meyle HD droplinks; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Saikoumichi OCC; K&N; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; M3 rear spoiler; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof

Old 04-12-2013, 07:34 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil325i View Post
There are so many variables it's difficult to make a definitive statement on this. Generally lowering will almost always cause a deterioration in ride quality, unless you pay top money for really high quality dampers. Of the popular springs, comments on the forums suggest H&R give a harder ride than Eibach.

Let's bear in mind that 1.5" drop yields a diff suspension geometry.

OP, you are warned!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:19 AM

Mein Auto: 2007 BMW E91 328i touring
I actually have been pondering the same thing...the H&R comp package or whatever (non-adjustable shocks and variable rate springs) is like $1000 and the H&R coil overs are like $1600. The comp package lowers about the exact amount you are looking for (and me too). I just want a slight change in appearance and stance, and a bit stiffer ride. Cal, have you messed with any suspension changes? Your response took the wind out of my sails a little bit, but I can't imagine that a $1000 suspension upgrade package from H&R would make the car perform worse. I don't think the coil overs would be worth it for me bc I really don't foresee myself adjusting them basically ever.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPlunkett View Post
I actually have been pondering the same thing...the H&R comp package or whatever (non-adjustable shocks and variable rate springs) is like $1000 and the H&R coil overs are like $1600. The comp package lowers about the exact amount you are looking for (and me too). I just want a slight change in appearance and stance, and a bit stiffer ride. Cal, have you messed with any suspension changes? Your response took the wind out of my sails a little bit, but I can't imagine that a $1000 suspension upgrade package from H&R would make the car perform worse. I don't think the coil overs would be worth it for me bc I really don't foresee myself adjusting them basically ever.

Touch. Though the spring/shock can be OK, the suspension'll be in a diff place. Couldn't predict ride quality or long term result - though I do run mine ~0.5" lower than stock - kit designed for that - 1.5" is a diff world.

Last edited by CALWATERBOY; 04-12-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSPlunkett View Post
I don't think the coil overs would be worth it for me bc I really don't foresee myself adjusting them basically ever.

I run Yellows/Eibach Sport and, gotta say, ride's only a little firmer; handling's light years better. They're adjustable and I left holes for that in the rear, yet have not felt the need to adjust at all....!