Welcome to Bimmerfest -- The #1 Online Community for BMW related information! Please enjoy the discussion forums below and share your experiences with the 200,000 current, new and past BMW owners. The forums are broken out by car model and into other special interest sections such as BMW European Delivery and a special forum to voice your questions to the many BMW dealers on the site to assist our members!

Please follow the links below to help get you started!

Go Back   Bimmerfest - BMW Forums > BMW Model Discussions > M Series > E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)

E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008 - 2014)
4th generation E90 M3 sedan, E92 M3 coupe and E93 M3 convertible. The last of the naturally aspirated M3s, powered by a 4.0 liter V8 making 414hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:38 AM

Mein Auto: N/A
Smile 2013 M3 Advice

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I looked around on the search function and didn't really see anything about this specifically so here goes.

I'm thinkin about getting a new 2013 M3, and I was wondering about how much over invoice/off msrp I should expect to pay to consider it a fair deal. If it helps, I'm trying to get a car with the manual transmission, grey paint, parking distance, and possibly the improved wheels/competition package (any thoughts on this?), and I live in the bay area.

Also, what would be the difference in expected price if I have to have them order it for me (since most places around here don't have M3's with the manual transmission)? Any other thoughts/advice also welcome.

Sorry if I come across as stupid-ish, as this is my first time here, and first time buying a new car.
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2013, 06:05 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 M3 coupe ZCP DCT
Valid question but it could be tough as production of the M3 coupe is winding down to the last month (or two). Supply seems to be low with good demand. Normally I would say $500-1k above invoice not including incentives. Currently there's a $1500 incentive with financing through BMW FS. You may want to contact some of the forum CA's. Look in the "Ask a Dealer" section.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:40 AM

Mein Auto: 2009 E82 & 2012 E93
Try to contact Steve Thomas BMW they have the most competitive pricing on M3, or Penske BMW in Arizona had the most inventories on M3.
2006 E90 ( Sold )
2001 E46 ( Sold )

My next vehicle would be a Zamboni
Old 04-12-2013, 09:42 AM

Mein Auto: E92 328
I custom ordered my 2013 M3 a few weeks ago. Negotiated invoice + $1500. OK deal, but not great. Allocation is difficult to come by these days, you may have to call a number of dealers to even find a dealer with allocation. Good luck!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Fight On!

Mein Auto: BMW M3, Z4 M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1zamboni View Post
Try to contact Steve Thomas BMW they have the most competitive pricing on M3, or Penske BMW in Arizona had the most inventories on M3.
Not true that Steve Thomas has the most competitive pricing.

I used to be a Steve Thomas customer (and a big fan of Ryan), but they aren't as aggressive with pricing or as customer friendly as before.

I went with a board sponsor (Greg Poland) instead of Steve Thomas for my new M3 purchase.

BMW CCA Member #xx4477
2006 Z4 M Coupe (e86) 6MT
2013 M3 Coupe (e92) 6MT
Old 04-12-2013, 01:28 PM

Mein Auto: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhman View Post
Valid question but it could be tough as production of the M3 coupe is winding down to the last month (or two). Supply seems to be low with good demand. Normally I would say $500-1k above invoice not including incentives. Currently there's a $1500 incentive with financing through BMW FS. You may want to contact some of the forum CA's. Look in the "Ask a Dealer" section.
Thanks for the tips. Btw what's a "CA"? I've seen that a lot but I'm not entirely sure what it means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBenzor View Post
I custom ordered my 2013 M3 a few weeks ago. Negotiated invoice + $1500. OK deal, but not great. Allocation is difficult to come by these days, you may have to call a number of dealers to even find a dealer with allocation. Good luck!
Thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
Not true that Steve Thomas has the most competitive pricing.

I used to be a Steve Thomas customer (and a big fan of Ryan), but they aren't as aggressive with pricing or as customer friendly as before.

I went with a board sponsor (Greg Poland) instead of Steve Thomas for my new M3 purchase.
Hi guys thanks for the help. I noticed both of the people you mentioned (Steve Thomas and Greg Poland) are in southern california. Are there no places that are good for this in the bay area? Just curious. Thanks.

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 04-12-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Mein Auto: '13 E92 M3, '01 E46 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Hi guys thanks for the help. I noticed both of the people you mentioned (Steve Thomas and Greg Poland) are in southern california. Are there no places that are good for this in the bay area? Just curious. Thanks.
I'm sure you could strike a deal with many dealers around the US, but with the forum sponsors, you have a no-hassle/no-haggle arrangement.

What's not working in your favor right now is time -- you need a dealer who knows how to secure an M3 allocation very quickly if you want one built exactly as you want it. The forum sponsors are motivated and know how to do that, even for some complex custom orders.

I'm in NYC, and I bought from another SoCal dealer - BMW Santa Barbara - for an ED/PCD arrangement (european delivery/performance center delivery). Location of the dealership doesn't matter much anymore in my opinion unless you absolutely need access to a loaner car from your local dealership.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:36 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 M3 Convertible
I just bought mine a week ago from Stevens Creek BMW in the Bay Area. Wonderful experience with Ron Ryan the Internet guy there. They have a great inventory (most i found in Bay area) and all of it is on their website. There pricing is up front and listed so you can calculate exactly how much you are paying and well off MSRP.

It was the most painless and enjoyable car buying experience I have had to date. PM me if you want more info.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:41 PM

Mein Auto: E92 328
CA = "Client Advisor"

As alee says, I would check with the forum sponsors in CA (even if they're in southern California). It's worth the trip if you can get the right deal. Setting up a vehicle order over the phone is super easy (that's what I did for my M3 order).

At the time I did my order a few weeks ago, I checked with a couple of forum sponsors and they were both out of allocations. You should still check with them though, because allocations may still be getting assigned.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:05 PM
just like that, he's gone

Mein Auto: 2013 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I noticed both of the people you mentioned (Steve Thomas and Greg Poland) are in southern california. Are there no places that are good for this in the bay area? Just curious. Thanks.
NO, the Bay Area dealers suck and are just waiting for some douche from Twitter/Facebook to walk in an pay $5,000 over MSRP just because they can.
2001 E46 330Ci Sport, Steel Grey, 5-speed MT....and more

Last edited by Keyser Soze; 04-12-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Fight On!

Mein Auto: BMW M3, Z4 M Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by alee View Post
I'm sure you could strike a deal with many dealers around the US, but with the forum sponsors, you have a no-hassle/no-haggle arrangement.

What's not working in your favor right now is time -- you need a dealer who knows how to secure an M3 allocation very quickly if you want one built exactly as you want it. The forum sponsors are motivated and know how to do that, even for some complex custom orders.

I'm in NYC, and I bought from another SoCal dealer - BMW Santa Barbara - for an ED/PCD arrangement (european delivery/performance center delivery). Location of the dealership doesn't matter much anymore in my opinion unless you absolutely need access to a loaner car from your local dealership.
I agree with alee. I am sure you may be able to get a better deal somewhere else (by how much? A few hundred?), but do you want to risk not getting the car that is scheduled to cease production soon?

Unfortunately, I understand Jon (BMW of Santa Barbara) is out of M3 allocations, so you are left with the other dealers. I would recommend Greg (Pacific BMW) or other board sponsors who have good reputation for customer satisfaction.

BMW CCA Member #xx4477
2006 Z4 M Coupe (e86) 6MT
2013 M3 Coupe (e92) 6MT
Old 04-12-2013, 10:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 E82 & 2012 E93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
NO, the Bay Area dealers suck and are just waiting for some douche from Twitter/Facebook to walk in an pay $5,000 over MSRP just because they can.
That is not true now a day most people already knew the invoice price so you can't play the game any more, beside you can get a great deal by talking to fleet deal manager and avoid all the hassle. On my E93 I only paid $750 over invoice without any haggling.
2006 E90 ( Sold )
2001 E46 ( Sold )

My next vehicle would be a Zamboni
Old 04-12-2013, 11:07 PM

Mein Auto: 2013 M3 Convertible
Quote:
That is not true now a day most people already knew the invoice price so you can't play the game any more, beside you can get a great deal by talking to fleet deal manager and avoid all the hassle. On my E93 I only paid $750 over invoice without any haggling.
I agree. Best experience I have had purchasing just last week and paid $700 over invoice but then also got $2750 in rebates from BMW. AND no haggling! At Stevens Creek BMW in San Jose.
BMW CCA 476415
Old 04-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Greg Poland Pacific BMW

Mein Auto: 2011 X5 3.5 M sport
I have that specific M3 in stock... Very odd, ordered it for client and he could not take it. It is space gray with competition package, manual transmission and sat. Radio.... I you want it you know how to find me... Ticktock time is going by :-)

Greg Poland
Pacific BMW
800 South Brand Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91204
818 254 1491
www.PacificBMW.com
gregpoland@pacificbmw.com
Euro delivery, PC delivery, Out of state-new and used car sales
Hours:T-F 1-8 PM,Sat 1 to 8pm, off Sun and Mon.

Current rides: 2013 X5 msport and 2013 535i
15% over wholesale/invoice for all accessories! and free shipping for Bimmerfest members!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEK7hG-3fyA